Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was a sketch show in the 90s, may have been Harry Enfield, and there was a character who "did a lot for charity but didn't like talking about it". Needless to say they did nothing but talk about it! Got the feeling they were having a pop at sanctimonious pop stars who gave 0.0000001% of their income away and got tons of publicity.
Sounds like Harry and Meghan!

I’m disabled and use two sticks to walk with. This are good strong wooden ones that belonged to my mum. They must be at least 35 years old. Only thing I have to do to them is change the rubber ferrules on the base of them occasionally. I certainly wouldn’t buy the crappy one on IW.

If for some reason (unlikely) I’d be tempted to buy I’d apply what I say for anything. Do I need it, will I use it, is it worth the money, can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Works for me , well 99% of the time.
Exactly the same for me on the days I can do without my wheelchair,

Hi Duke,
Is this a thing then? Does Peter Simon (oops Saints lad) have multiple accounts? You’d think one was enough, just to continually repeat the same phrase!
😂😂
I’ve been at this game a long time, Professor. I first posted here when it started back in the early 2000s and for a short time around then, ran a rival message board on shopping television which ended not very well, many years ago. At one point I was bombarded with people with fake IDs trying to ruin the place. I then had about a fifteen year break from posting on shopping television. Sometimes somebody with two (or more) IDs can intentionally/unintentionally let something slip in their main ID, that was meant for the second one. You might just sense a pattern to suggest it. Or just a writing style. Making the same grammatical errors, perhaps? Essentially, little nuances you spot. Why do people have them? Almost like a release valve you could say. One sign-on to be nice to everybody, for example, and another one to say what you really think, or to try and destabilise the group, or both. Probably what some of us might find attractive in real, face to face life if we could have a body swop option we could use when we fancied one. Just think what you’d hear about yourself, when people thought ‘you’ weren’t there!!

Last edited:
Yeah Football for me tonight as well been a Leeds fan since I was small. So will watch them play Sunderland on TV, I know it’s not champions league
Leeds fan here too. Very sad these last 5 years as ‘my’ heroes are all passing - Lorimer, Cherry, Hunter…
Always feels like the 1973 cup final when Sunderland and Leeds meet. I remember after Sunderland scored in ‘73, they seemed to play the rest of the game with 11 goalkeepers!

Leeds fan here too. Very sad these last 5 years as ‘my’ heroes are all passing - Lorimer, Cherry, Hunter…
Always feels like the 1973 cup final when Sunderland and Leeds meet. I remember after Sunderland scored in ‘73, they seemed to play the rest of the game with 11 goalkeepers!
I had a Leeds mug when I was about nine. I considered myself a supporter back then. I remember watching the FA Cup Final and replay games in 1970 against Chelsea. Reaney, Harvey, Sprake, Clarke, the Gray brothers etc. from around that era and beyond. Being from London, though, I eventually geographically relented and have supported Palace since I was 11…A south London team, though, with me from north London. Something to get yourself beaten up about at school with most people being Gooners or Spurs fans.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back