Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lets check Amazon, cause everybody goes to Amazon, it's £40 for one pillow.

Except it's GX's marketplace on Amazon your quoting, so as usual GX is ripping off their customers that use Amazon Marketplace.

TJC also sell via Amazon marketplace — which is cheeky as TJC will often say "we're cheaper than Amazon on this product" and flash it up on screen or whatever BUT they don't mention that the price they're comparing against on Amazon …was set by TJC as it's sold by TJC marketplace!

Last edited:
Now where's Himself? Get out here NOW, yer eejit...Put that bloo... vacuum down and get yerself spinning dis hoop. You've dropped the blood...thing now...Good for nothing Milk Tray man..He dropped them too as was he was jumping off that cliff with them. I told him don't you ever see that Cliff again...Now, Ladies...this marquee I have on...We have der sizes up to size 180 yards...Himself??!! Now make yerself useful and get our tea!!! And don't burn the teabags again. Another child from the studio floor staff now hoop spinning..The floor manager, apparently - aged 12.

Now where's Himself? Get out here NOW, yer eejit...Put that bloo... vacuum down and get yerself spinning dis hoop. You've dropped the blood...thing now...Good for nothing Milk Tray man..He dropped them too as was he was jumping off that cliff with them. I told him don't you ever see that Cliff again...Now, Ladies...this marquee I have on...We have der sizes up to size 180 yards...Himself??!! Now make yerself useful and get our tea!!! And don't burn the teabags again. Another child from the studio floor staff now hoop spinning..The floor manager, apparently - aged 12.
Joanne was saying last night that Peter V had a new hip

Last year on IW it was branded Ben Sherman harrington and summer jackets for between £39.99 - £59.99. This year it is Charles Norton for £29.99. I have never heard of this brand.
They are calling it a summer jacket, just found it online and it's a golfer jacket. They change the names on purpose, hoping you are unable to find the items online.

Last edited:
Joanne's first two items last night were that bl**dy cane and then batteries. Some things never change....

Add those to the hideous Dr Keller shoes she was selling (I noticed Joanne was not putting them on her feet!), a cheap looking faux carpet and suitcases, it was a really poor selection of products she was given.

Joanne's first two items last night were that bl**dy cane and then batteries. Some things never change....

Add those to the hideous Dr Keller shoes she was selling (I noticed Joanne was not putting them on her feet!), a cheap looking faux carpet and suitcases, it was a really poor selection of products she was given.
foghorn would have been in for the suitcases,so that airtime would have not been wasted.
At least one sale who else would buy from these shysters 😂

Last year on IW it was branded Ben Sherman harrington and summer jackets for between £39.99 - £59.99. This year it is Charles Norton for £29.99. I have never heard of this brand.
They are calling it a summer jacket, just found it online and it's a golfer jacket. They change the names on purpose, hoping you are unable to find the items online.
How dare you! IW is thee home of BIG brands don't you know ;)

Honestly…anybody mad enough to buy that plastic woo woo woo monstrosity of a cane would have bought one by now. How many times has the wretched thing been on? Hundreds of shows? Well, it feels like that. The channel’s owners aren’t actively out there trying to get new viewers. There is no national advertising campaign to let people know how wonderful they are as a shopping channel and to please try them. Most people don’t know the channel is even there. I think it was mentioned earlier that one key motivation of TJC in launching DTTV was to release more time to flog jewellery on the main channel and shift the beauty stuff along with the tat to it. You half suspect they couldn’t care less how much tat they sell or don’t sell. Having the Ideal World name and channels platform suits an internal agenda for them. One or two branded goods names per day mixed in with the relentless £9.99 mundanity bought in bulk for pennies is obviously how it is going to be, period. Don’t hold your breath for any departure from that strategy.

Now table football- again. Looks like another low rent item targeted to who exactly? Nostalgic over 60s wanting to relive their youths? You can just see it falling to pieces with use at that price point. Ryes has got one of the teenagers out from the gimp room..er..Gallery area to play with him, so to speak.

Last edited:

Poor Joanne, even a more than accomplished presenter cannot vamp that trash up and make it any more appealing.

As Joanne is fine presenting alone, I think another in that category is Mark Ryes. He was on with Shona (interiors expert) and it was awkward. They must be told who has to say what and it was very stilted and dull. Who needs a so called expert on for a couple of mankey duvets that she wouldn't, in any stretch of the imagination, have anywhere near her bed.

How was QVC Advertised when it first begun anybody now, as Shopping TV hadn’t been heard off
I can't 100% remember. I am sure it was in some of the national newspapers and maybe some TV, because back then it was quite a big thing., American shopping TV coming to the UK. On a side note, found my old QVC membership card the other day. I will have got that sometime between it starting in Oct 93 and 1996.

Latest posts

Back