Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maserati watch coming up, only been on the channel once says Mike. I saw it at the weekend at least twice, if not more. It was quite cheap, and they still can't sell them.

There is nothing wrong with the watch, but it's just an everyday fashion watch, nothing special, not worth the asking price, lots of similar quality for a good bit less, you're just paying extra for the name.

Shop on TV looks like it will be on channel 89 from midnight. Apart from the first 3 hours, which will be the same live show as STV/ITV, the rest is just recorded shows.

Sell outs imminent, may be your only chance to get, sure they've said that on the last three shows thees watches ahve appeared and still no sell out yet. :ROFLMAO:
BACK OFF Hammy!!!

You know as well as I do that when IW use the word 'imminent' they are of course referring to the ancient Greek/Latin/Mexican meaning of the word, namely ...

Never

;)

Mike M has gone even further down in my estimation of him if that's possible.

Flogging a watch, £200 on 4 x £50 flexis. Says to the effect:

'You're sitting there thinking but Mike, it's £200. No it's not. It's not. It's £50. That's all you need to pay to get it home. Don't think about the other payments ...'

IT IS A £200 WATCH, OR RATHER A WATCH YOU'RE CHARGING £200 FOR. STOP TRYING TO DO ALL YOU CAN TO DISTRACT VIEWERS FROM THAT FACT!!!

'It's not a £50k car sir. It's not ...'

He said he couldn't afford to have his brickwork repointed! He could always sell the gold Rolex.
You imagine he’s far from short. He seems to adjust his social and his financial situation to the type of item being sold. And that is usually low end, catalogue weekly terms type gear. Hence, perhaps playing on the empathy ticket for the benefit of the hapless saps potential buyers watching, he is therefore usually skint in portrayal. He’s had twenty plus years in regular shopping television work, plus any existing sidelines outside of that. Then his BBC, burgers, and any stage, pantomime type jobs before that. You’d think people like Mason and him would be on six figure salaries for doing that over decades now. Unless he is actually paid peanuts or has pis….his income up the wall…very comfortably off is he, you would suspect. Least, enough in the bank to pay for his bricks to be rearranged.

Last edited:
Since 7am, I've been watching some TJC. I have come to the conclusion, when Mason of the Mikes says "the items are flying out", what he really means is 99% of the time under 50 have been sold, but 1% of the time, he is been totally honest. TJC struggkled to sell 40 bottles of Homesmart window and door cleaner, but Over 300 long-handled weeders were sold in just over 10 minutes. Even if IW3 sold half that amount of the weeders, the stock would be flying out, compared to other items they struggle to sell. I just get Mason's need to say every item is flying out because he knows he is lying, and most of the viewers know he is lying. I said most, as there will be some who lap up his every word.

Ideal World seems an afterthought in the corner. ‘Run’ by a group of pimply youths, with some old sweats core presenters who probably think they know every sales tactic in the book, and the toothlessness of the ASA. I have rarely ever seen TJC output, other than occasional mornings non-jewellery type stuff. It is hard to believe at times, though, one channel has any connection to the other. TJC appears to run proper sales numbers/items remaining. Ideal World plays at doing it SOMETIMES…But usually somebody like Mason or Simon asks the Gallery for numbers remaining…does some ‘My God, No’ hyperbole, and then fails to share what these numbers are with the viewers. Or..the old ‘Only single figures left’ act…Never telling you, of course, that they only potentially had single figures in the first place - particularly with things like watches. This was very much the strategy also of the previous version. I’m not sure about the original one, but I never recall items in terms of stock levels ever being shared with the viewers on any version of Ideal World. QVC seems to be the most transparent on items actually sold/remaining over the years. Giving actual numbers left or for items sold. Sharing this kind of information with the viewers is excellent in terms of providing transparency, and in turn, it generates a confidence to purchase from a shopping channel. Probably part of the reason why QVC is streets ahead of anybody else over not only this particular issue, but in generating a visual culture of a professional organisation you feel that if you order from, your goods will arrive. Unlike my view of this version of Ideal World in particular.

Last edited:
You imagine he’s far from short. He seems to adjust his social and his financial situation to the type of item being sold. And that is usually low end, catalogue weekly terms type gear. Hence, perhaps playing on the empathy ticket for the benefit of the hapless saps potential buyers watching, he is therefore usually skint in portrayal. He’s had twenty plus years in regular shopping television work, plus any existing sidelines outside of that. Then his BBC, burgers, and any stage, pantomime type jobs before that. You’d think people like Mason and him would be on six figure salaries for doing that over decades now. Unless he is actually paid peanuts or has pis….his income up the wall…very comfortably off is he, you would suspect. Least, enough in the bank to pay for his bricks to be rearranged.
He thinks we're all as naive and simple who buys, sometimes multibuys, everything he sells. Although of course she doesn't because she's mythical.

When he was flogging the tower fans with PV they agreed that the black model looks like a bang and olufsen speaker as if they was a selling point!

He also predicted they would sell out in that hour but they were back on in the late night slot. And they will probably be on again later today.

The sheer duplicity of these people is astonishing and never ending.

Latest posts

Back