Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Probably nobody to show stock numbers today. It’s a bank holiday and the Gallery people are on a pre-pubescent staff outing to Cadbury World. Just Dr. Edwards and his tiny knob emergency connection to some unmanned tin cans and some string in the corner.
I thought it was Alton Towers this year. They have some new rides and the gallery kids were very excited.

To be fair, the air fryer is great value at £99.99, watch shop save right enough.

oh, emmm, hold on a sec ... £65 ;)

When Jezza & Co start shouting out names urging viewers to check out their baskets it just sound so desperate.

I mean, if the items were really "flying out" why would they bother doing this? Of course Peter claims he doesn't want people to miss out but that is just more BS.

The pair sell for £189.99 elsewhere, they say…. They also sell for £79.99 here.. Around £70 for the pair on Amazon currently..

IMG_3218.jpeg

The cynical thing about them, in particular, for me is the manipulative and clouded use of these price comparisons. Their target market in general, you would think, are not expert Internet users. If they were, why on earth would they be buying from them in the first place? Their deals on known products can so often be considerably beaten on price. Rarely, if ever, have I seen this channel be cheaper on these types of goods than other established online retailers. Telling old ladies and gentlemen without a computer that a kettle and toaster set cost nearly £200 elsewhere, when you can actually get the same set for around £80, is a shameful tactic for me. Shopping channels should NOT be allowed to use ‘Sold Out’ price comparisons to attempt to improve the look of their own. The rules should be any price comparisons given MUST by sourced and only on goods currently available. Still, the more scrupulous channels like QVC tend to not engage in these sorts of shoddy tactics without the need for rules. Others, need to be legislated against.

This might be the wrong place to post this but I have just seen Sean, previously of IW and currently popping up as a plant and gardening guest (expert), advertising one of those 'send us all your tat and unknown treasure, and we will and you an derisory payment by return' websites. I guess that it keeps him in front of a camera and not behind the bar. A man's got to do what a man's got to do. Bless

To be fair, a Buddha can be a talking point. I carved this in my back garden out of the rock and as you can see it gets visitors. Actually it's in need of a clean, I need to buy some spray and leave stuff from IW ...

View attachment 28527
When are they bringing us the Kryptonian Villains from Superman II as a water feature?

SupermanIIrushmore-mm9a0gbYLq1qedb29o1_500.gif

The cynical thing about them, in particular, for me is the manipulative and clouded use of these price comparisons. Their target market in general, you would think, are not expert Internet users. If they were, why on earth would they be buying from them in the first place? Their deals on known products can so often be considerably beaten on price. Rarely, if ever, have I seen this channel be cheaper on these types of goods than other established online retailers. Telling old ladies and gentlemen without a computer that a kettle and toaster set cost nearly £200 elsewhere, when you can actually get the same set for around £80, is a shameful tactic for me. Shopping channels should NOT be allowed to use ‘Sold Out’ price comparisons to attempt to improve the look of their own. The rules should be any price comparisons given MUST by sourced and only on goods currently available. Still, the more scrupulous channels like QVC tend to not engage in these sorts of shoddy tactics without the need for rules. Others, need to be legislated against.
I think that is the case, but these guys are pushing the boundaries. They know ASA won't do anything except have a quiet word and maybe a fine at worse.

Now the Bollox Brothers are talking patio cleaning.

You can clean your Rattan furniture and everything else with this.

I think Jezza has put some on his hair to make it stand up.
That's assuming they actually received their rattan furniture, or they bought it from a company that wasn’t on the verge of crashing.

Just seen the tops Salleh is selling with the big hole in the top of the arm. WTF is that about? I didn't hear if Muriel has bought one but Jean and Elwyn have. And they're flying out the door apparently.

I'm turning back over to Judge Judy now, had enough of this💩

Latest posts

Back