Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe exactly what they need?
I think it will be a challenge for him, IW3 is very different to C&C where he just had to be pleasant and explain practical products.

Now he has to talk up a lot of questionable "glamour" and "lifestyle" items which stretch credibility to the limit at times.

If I want a nap I'll switch to C&C because it is so dull, full of grey haired slightly plump ladies or gentlemen all getting excited about bits of card and glitter and storage boxes. I know there is much skill involved and at times it gets high tech with hugely expensive sewing machines and there is obviously a strong community. Nothing ever gets exaggerated or hyped. Big culture change for Yannis and I wish him well.

He is an extremely perplexing character above all. People with no apparent social media presence relaying all sorts of unsubstantiated fantasies (oxymoron)…are always interesting case studies..
What mystifies me is how in the age of Google he expects to get away with his outlandish claims of former fame.

Everything is verifiable, you can't invent your own history at least not in showbiz. Maybe it will be possible with AI in future but not right now.

I think it will be a challenge for him, IW3 is very different to C&C where he just had to be pleasant and explain practical products.

Now he has to talk up a lot of questionable "glamour" and "lifestyle" items which stretch credibility to the limit at times.

If I want a nap I'll switch to C&C because it is so dull, full of grey haired slightly plump ladies or gentlemen all getting excited about bits of card and glitter and storage boxes. I know there is much skill involved and at times it gets high tech with hugely expensive sewing machines and there is obviously a strong community. Nothing ever gets exaggerated or hyped. Big culture change for Yannis and I wish him well.
As we've seen before, it's not impossible he'll be a completely different type of presenter x months down the line ... and not for the better ;)

Latest posts

Back