Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike Mason currently flogging a pair of "Wireless Bluetooth MP3 & Noise Cancelling Sunglasses". Yes, sunglasses.

They look as 💩 as their description. And Mike, now modelling them, looks like his guide dog has just made a successful bid for freedom.

Also, his beard reminds me of the state of my late incontinent Granddad's bathroom pedestal mat (not a euphemism).

I was singing The Lumberjack Song in my head when I read that! "I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra"🤣.

I was brought up on stuff like that. My dad was a huge fan of comedy such as Monty Python, Tony Hancock, Round the Horne, The Goons Show. Its great that so many of the radio shows are available online. My dad had all the Hancocks Half Hour on tape, we played them all the time. Happy memories.
I like Chinese was one of my favourite records of theirs.

One for Hammy: Camasinas Bay in Scotland this evening...

Attachments

• 20240510_194922.jpg
    20240510_194922.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 0
Yannis I wouldn’t show a product, if I didn’t believe in it

He also said his colleagues are truthful
Rubbish.

He turns up for a shift and they say 'you're flogging this watch, this walking cane, this lions head and this perfume.'

He's expecting viewers to believe if he 'didn't believe' in any of the products, he'd walk back out the door?

Whatever ...

The guy has transient amnesia from show to show 🤦🏻‍♂️

One minute he's talking about living alone in a damp hovel, can't afford heating, water bottles in bed,
Next he's living with Josh and Bet, it's all "our" and "we", snuggles under heavy knit blankets

One minute he's complaining of sore knees, haemorrhoids, obesity, slowing down…
Next he says he's never been fitter thanks to years of 'swearing by' CBD/collagen/Vibrapower/Opatra

One minute he's claiming to have worked in shopping TV for nigh-on 30 years…
Later he's saying he's worked in shopping TV for nigh-on 40 years

Then he's talking about his glittering, award-winning career, working in vegas, 'dear friends' to the stars…
…while sat in a dingy cupboard studio on the rump-end of Freeview flogging copper socks and AA batteries
One minute he's complaining of sore knees, haemorrhoids, obesity, slowing down…

I love this - laughing my head off, it's exactly right. Details of his home/his friends/his career and his 'ailments' vary from day to day, week to week, year to year. I can remember watching years ago and he had everything known to mankind, from cholera to the bubonic plague. Next minute, he's taking some miraculous snake oil and is telling you he's fit as a fiddle. You know he's fibbing because his lips are moving, as they say. And the tales he relates of his overwhelmingly successful(??) TV career are legion, even if nobody else remembers it. OK, he appeared on TV, but so have many other Z listers over the years and he was never top flight in the profession.

Why anyone in their right mind would want to make up things about their health I cannot imagine, especially about serious things - and bearing in mind that many people (including the viewers) will be coping with serious, perhaps life-threatening health issues. Talk about hoping karma does exist, in my book you don't make up serious health issues unless there's something very wrong with you.

Latest posts

Back