Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's Monica.
or Rachel if there are any Red Dwarf fans

Nice to see Paper Dienamics is still going, he used to change his company’s names often
I think the company is actually called Collier and Paper Dienamics is just a brand for TV. I've bought a few bits and pieces from him and its good value. He's one of those marmite characters. But ultimately harmless. Though Nigel May did veer him off going into a 1970s poor taste joke a few weeks ago.

I saw the footage of the very well fed Sally Jacks feeding slop to poor kids with no means to escape. Surely they have suffered enough!
I just saw the footage. To me it looks like they took a camera with Toilet Roll Head and stopped off at the nearest Indian school in a good area, and said something along the lines of…’Just pretend to eat this food and look desperate, then grin.’ The children featured looked far from starving. ‘Starving’ is what Michael Buerk featured in his 1984 BBC Ethiopian footage of children desperate for food. You could clearly tell those children were very near death through malnutrition. The footage that subsequently prompted the Band Aid, then Live Aid responses. Pardon the pun..but her constant use of this apparent action by the Channel to feed the hungry is completely unpalatable to me. Thankfully, the other preventers there avoid the issue to help to get a sale. or maybe she has copyrighted dealing with the issue during shows?

TJC occasionally run their promo which features children in the UK. At the start of the Ukraine war they had footage of the meals they provided for the women and children who had to leave their homes. Try contacting either IW or TJC’s Press Office, I’m sure they’ll have up to date figures on how the scheme is run.

Mike's got a doorbell camera on now which showed us the actual size of the current studio they are in through it's monitor:
IW Studio 2024.png

TJC occasionally run their promo which features children in the UK. At the start of the Ukraine war they had footage of the meals they provided for the women and children who had to leave their homes. Try contacting either IW or TJC’s Press Office, I’m sure they’ll have up to date figures on how the scheme is run.

The present scheme ended on the 31st March, no word yet if it was renewed, the page hasn't been updated.

Thanks, Hammy.
That’s actually really helpful. As I was typing the bit about Mathey-Tissot going under in the Quartz Crisis, I was wondering whether I’d actually read it, or just taken someone’s word for it.
So as things stand now, MT are essentially a microbrand, producing entry-level Swiss-made watches, but that’s far from being a Dog Poop brand.
I have a couple of Visodates from before the Powermatic 80 era - beautiful dials.

Yeah that's a good description, main bread and butter would be the entry level, but they have a few odd reissues of older models/designs that are a bit more expensive.

My blue Visodate is pre powermatic 80 too, it's 40mm as against the 42mm the newer ones with the powermatic 80, and has the ETA 2836-2. I have one gripe, although it's beautiful to look at, it hates having it's picture taken, absolute pain trying to get a good wrist shot to show the dial in it's full glory. :ROFLMAO:

PS

Do you remeber teh Swiss Military Charmex 20,000ft divers that were flying out the door at £4,000 on IW2, then reduced to £3500 when they weren't selling?

Well Kevski is now trying to flog them off on the family web store for £1499. Hope he didn't buy a lot of stock of them. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Was wondering why hadn’t seen Rob lately so looked at his Facebook
IMG_0098.jpeg
seems like he’s back in hospital with more knee troubles. hope he gets well soon and saves us from the rest of them on this channel

Latest posts

Back