Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, and have you seen the price of them £79! Normally £99?! Really? For a giant plastic bottle?! ...and it looks like an accident waiting to happen! £20's the most they should be charging for that! What ever next? Tinned food dumbells, £60 for a set of 4!

To my novice mind the idea that you can add or take away water to change the weight seems quite a good idea. Nevertheless it does seem more than a bit expensive doesn't it Merry? £80? Ouch!

Baby Jane says she has seen a 'similar' product for twice as much. Of course there's no mention of what this similar product is, or where she seen it.

But at least the preposterous DODDY FLUMP isn't shilling it, I personally think the podgy little Wombat would struggle with this.

Especially if he's overdone the Fig Powder :mysmilie_59:

Yeah, and have you seen the price of them £79! Normally £99?! Really? For a giant plastic bottle?! ...and it looks like an accident waiting to happen! £20's the most they should be charging for that! What ever next? Tinned food dumbells, £60 for a set of 4!

Oh Jeeeez. please don't give them any ideas, they may just do it. After all, who on earth suggested the water filled bottle, that looks like a Police battering ram when breaking a door down!

I think the only people buying these are dumbells themselves.

Sometimes it is the little things they say that really wind me up the most. Gravel voice man was talking about those chairs that come with the foot stools and the supposed saving. And said (about the saving) something along the lines of "that is £130 in your pocket" errrrr...no....no it isn't. Not at all in any way shape or form. If you are spending money you don't end up with money in your pocket. I find that kind of talk quite vile if I'm honest.

The water filled tossing bottle isn't a thing of beauty - hideous colour... When you are bored building muscle! Lol it could be utilised for watering plants ...

The water filled tossing bottle isn't a thing of beauty - hideous colour... When you are bored building muscle! Lol it could be utilised for watering plants ...

Shove in under the old mans side of the bed in case he gets caught short in the night!

Half-watching (!) this watch hour but it seems to be getting more and more ludicrous as time (literally) goes by even by Ideal World or any other standards. Perverse Peter Simon claiming that he "worked with watchmakers 20 years ago" (why I/we haven't heard of this before?) where he was told the story of Stührling by someone with a French-sounding name. Yellow on an incredibly cheap-looking DeLorean watch apparently signifies 'Italian' design and 'speed', etc., with an octagon shape shamelessly plundering the MG logo. Ferrari this year have introduced a "new colour" which DeLorean have included on their new watch that somehow makes it cutting edge :mysmilie_59:

Now they're selling watches with the brand "Raoul U.Braun", as if incorporating the name of a famous German brand may confuse you so as you think that they're in any way related :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
Half-watching (!) this watch hour but it seems to be getting more and more ludicrous as time (literally) goes by even by Ideal World or any other standards. Perverse Peter Simon claiming that he "worked with watchmakers 20 years ago" (why I/we haven't heard of this before?) where he was told the story of Stührling by someone with a French-sounding name. Yellow on an incredibly cheap-looking DeLorean watch apparently signifies 'Italian' design and 'speed', etc., with an octagon shape shamelessly plundering the MG logo. Ferrari this year have introduced a "new colour" which DeLorean have included on their new watch that somehow makes it cutting edge :mysmilie_59:

Now they're selling watches with the brand "Raoul U.Braun", as if incorporating the name of a famous German brand may confuse you so as you think that they're in any way related :mysmilie_59:

Raoul Braun is a welcome addition to Ideal World's Watch roster which includes some of the biggest names in horology ....

Andre Mouche
Rene Mouris
Hugo Schwarze
Jacques du Manoir

Now, you may not be familiar with these marques. Indeed you may not have ever seen them on sale elsewhere.

This is what makes Ideal World so special, they can bring exclusive luxury brands to us, brands so exclusive that we luddites have never 'effin heard of them, and offer them to us on Flexipay :mysmilie_59:

This is how all vacuum cleaners will be P Volovont tells us and the blond bimbo agrees no mention of the bosch silent mains vacuum that PS said we must buy the other day because it was the greatest thing on the planet.

Raoul Braun is a welcome addition to Ideal World's Watch roster which includes some of the biggest names in horology ....

Andre Mouche
Rene Mouris
Hugo Schwarze
Jacques du Manoir

Now, you may not be familiar with these marques. Indeed you may not have ever seen them on sale elsewhere.

This is what makes Ideal World so special, they can bring exclusive luxury brands to us, brands so exclusive that we luddites have never 'effin heard of them, and offer them to us on Flexipay :mysmilie_59:

Isn't it also amazing that these 'luxury' brands all appear very similar with lots of identical complications and dials! I've lost count of the number of these different marques who all mysteriously use the same sub dials (that horrible day indicator with labels for every alternate day of the week for example), the same bland hands, indicators and complications. It's almost as if they are all churned out by the same Chinese factory but with different names chucked on as an afterthought.

Genuine 'luxury' brands on the other hand are often very easy to tell apart even if you don't see the name. It's very easy to tell a Rolex from an Omega from a Breitling with very little experience because each has a distinct signature style and design philosophy.

If I thought Ideal World could feel any shame it should be embarrassed beyond belief at selling these watches as any form of quality product.

just heard Genvieve with the rip off heaters say here in peterborough the freezing temperatures are to here for the next few weeks so i looked at forecast after thursday its to be mild for foreseeable future totally misleading selling

I see Gollum "this...is...astonishing" Nosferatu, is the latest presenter extolling the virtues of those ceramic heaters, while failing to point out that you don't need to heat your whole house, as radiators have off dials on them! At least all mine do. Plus he wants people to buy two. One for downstairs and one for upstairs. Crikey :/

Runway Ron/Gordon the Groper is up next hour with a load of Pol......*slaps face* ITY fabric, with the feel of silk/viscose. Pity the poor models on with him. I pity the 'boys in the band' too constantly stop/starting the music. Exhausting stuff!

I see Gollum "this...is...astonishing" Nosferatu, is the latest presenter extolling the virtues of those ceramic heaters, while failing to point out that you don't need to heat your whole house, as radiators have off dials on them! At least all mine do. Plus he wants people to buy two. One for downstairs and one for upstairs. Crikey :/

Does anyone know why Ideal World are selling essentially the same ripoff radiator product using two different brands? There's the EEPC heater with remote control via the internet, plus a "Green Energy"-branded heater I saw last night which looks exactly the same apart from not having internet access. Could it be so that they can occasionally claim "Lowest ever price" without actually having to drop the price that often and/or to avoid direct pricing comparisons?

Love when they slip up. Gollum telling viewers how he bought ONE of those ceramic radiators for his downstairs bedroom. Convincing us that he believes in them.

Later on "I wouldn't buy one....I'd buy two. One for downstairs and one for upstairs"....errr no you wouldn't you lying aserhole. You told us half an hour ago how you have bought one!

I am waiting with baited breath for the day he stops calling his wife "the goddess" and starts referring to her as "my precious"

Love when they slip up. Gollum telling viewers how he bought ONE of those ceramic radiators for his downstairs bedroom. Convincing us that he believes in them.

Later on "I wouldn't buy one....I'd buy two. One for downstairs and one for upstairs"....errr no you wouldn't you lying aserhole. You told us half an hour ago how you have bought one!

I am waiting with baited breath for the day he stops calling his wife "the goddess" and starts referring to her as "my precious"

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:
Luv it Luv it Luv it

Hi all hope well not been on a while been a bit bored of it all tbh

However switched on at right time as we see sir Peter takeover from Sally who looked like death warmed up

Eva peron Italian french I've been doing this a long time stop the music boys fondling models

He has gone through his whole bingo card in 3 minutes

De Knees and Nuspecs Dave are currently selling the Nuspecs online prescription glasses service, and if you believe De Knees, one of her friends was ordering four (yes, four) pairs of glasses online "as we speak". Regardless of that particular claim's veracity, such overselling of products is rather tiresome and unprofessional as well as not exactly inspiring confidence in her/Nuspecs products or Ideal World the shopping channel.

As for buying glasses online, I personally wouldn't do such a thing because an optician's advice and assistance is well worth their asking price and you also have a large choice of frames that you can physically try on and see for yourself. They can also advise on lens types for a particular frame as well as helping you to choose the right pair. Glasses may also need fine tuning in order to fit properly so unless you or someone else can confidently do this then it could be rather awkward and/or costly.

It's also strange that they're not exactly showing viewers that many frame styles, making it more of a sales pitch than a product demo.

Latest posts

Back