Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I rarely watch these days even for a few mins, same products, same verbal tripe, this is usually how it plays out for me:

(hop on to IW, hear this within 5.2 secs)

'We're at the busiest point of the show, the web has gone CRAZY, listen guys I'm not trying to pressure you but ...'

(hop off IW)

And, whilst realising almost all salespeople in the world do it and are to an extent obliged to, it makes me increasingly annoyed watching these muppets acting as though everything they're selling is literally the best thing since sliced bread. As someone touched on above, acting as though they're 'having a moment' when on the massage chair, 'having a moment' when they put some packet diet food in their mouths, watching in supposed disbelief as a pressure washer cleans dirt off a car etc etc.

I long for the day when a presenter (who's already decided they're jacking it in but hasn't told anyone) is live on air and say's any of the following:

'This massage function is GIVING me a sore back not taking it away, oh and by the way viewer you DO realise 'bonded leather' basically means sh1te leather, yes?!?'
'This packet diet food is making me want to throw up, YUK, get me a BUCKET!!!'
'£500 for an electric heater ... are you having an eff'ing LAUGH?!?'

and so on ... :)

Cheeky Chappie, the presenters telling the truth would be worth watching! In fact I'd pay to see that😀

I saw Mikey the other day talking about those ceramic radiators. "When it was turned off it got hotter" he said.

What ****** nonsense! I just don't know how on earth they keep getting away with what they claim!

I don't watch very often now, because they really get my back up!!

I saw Mikey the other day talking about those ceramic radiators. "When it was turned off it got hotter" he said.

What ****** nonsense! I just don't know how on earth they keep getting away with what they claim!

I don't watch very often now, because they really get my back up!!

Do you know how you can tell if Mikey (Cockney Geezer) Mason is lying? When his lips move...

Okay, this is a weird one.

I get radio channels on my TV(VirginMedia) and flick around when a song I dislike comes on to the next one.

So jumping from classic gold to the 80s channel I caught the end of an ad for Ideal World! All I heard was sold on Ideal World! Never knew they did radio advertising for the channel? Oh, I then jumped to Classic Rock channel.

Okay, this is a weird one.

I get radio channels on my TV(VirginMedia) and flick around when a song I dislike comes on to the next one.

So jumping from classic gold to the 80s channel I caught the end of an ad for Ideal World! All I heard was sold on Ideal World! Never knew they did radio advertising for the channel? Oh, I then jumped to Classic Rock channel.

Never heard a radio ad for IW before. But I listen to Radio 4 so am quite safe!

Cheeky Chappie, the presenters telling the truth would be worth watching! In fact I'd pay to see that��

There was an old clip I saw on one of the out-takes programmes some years ago and they were showing a shopping channel, and the show faded out and you could clearly hear the presenter say in a load Welsh accent..."What a load of old ****!" It was hilarious...can't find the clip anywhere unfortunately!

There was an old clip I saw on one of the out-takes programmes some years ago and they were showing a shopping channel, and the show faded out and you could clearly hear the presenter say in a load Welsh accent..."What a load of old ****!" It was hilarious...can't find the clip anywhere unfortunately!

Merryone, you have made my day. Hilarious!!

I see they have more ‘huge savings’ discount vouchers.

Fancy a Beldray Vac? (probably not). They claim their usual price is an utterly preposterous £199.99 & £5.99 P&P but you can get a whopping £120 off with a code, making it £80 which I suspect is the same (or possibly even more) than they’ve shilled it for on air. The reviews aren’t great, in fact a few customers didn’t even receive the charger!

Anyway, it’s only £65 at Robert Dyas with free delivery, which still seems overpriced :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/beldray-2-in-1-turbo-flex-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-456551?icn=Beldray-2in1-Ideal-Voucher&ici=Ideal-Vouchers

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/beldray-bel0738-2-in-1-turbo-flex-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-blue?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=xalalprwaw&istBid=tzxx&source=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjcP_5u-V4AIVTrHtCh2WQAizEAQYASABEgIEF_D_BwE

so the latest phone they are selling has google lens , and that’s a great reason to upgrade according to mad mike, of course the phone line went bonkers when they showed it in use and stock was flying off the shelves

save your pennies folks you can download google lens for free in the app store on android or ios

https://lens.google.com/

Just switched on IW for the first time in a while. What do I see? Peter Simon raving about that Alcatel phone. "The highest spec phone we've ever brought to air" he said. Oh really? So it's even better than that Sony phone you've been selling is it? Which was also the best phone ever!

The Alcatel has a 18.9 screen. Wow, almost 19 then? (18 by 9 knob head!!) It also has Bukka. I think he must mean Bokeh.

What a ****** incompetent lying arsehole he is!!

The buffoon was doing his worst with the Ixeo Tefal Steamer last night at 10. He said numerous times that Very and Littlewoods had sold out of it. If anyone's interested, they both have stock today

It's amazing when they try and sell the phones on the back of features that are merely android apps, tather than phone dependant. Google Lens being a prime example, despite Vol au vent proclaiming "This is amazing, I've never seen anything like this on a phone before"

Listen dummy, you are the tech expert apparently, yet you haven't seen a Google app that is readily available???

And Gollums reasoning for buying the Alcatel "let's say you switch jobs, and your new workplace doesn't get a signal wih your current provider" about the only chance of that happening in this country is if your new workplace was on the space station. Then he does that grin into the camera before they go to quick breaks, where he really does think he is the dogs bollocks. He's certainly the latter part of that for sure.

I though volovent said the willyfox was the best phone ever and he has one or was it two so he wont be buying the latest alcatel the like of which he has never seen before and the bald one saying it should be a thousand pound phone jesus wept then we have the clown PS saying whatever it takes get one does he realise he is suggesting to lesser minded individuals the do anything to get one including getting into debt or worse the man is a fool

It's the old bonded leather furniture time again and denise was also saying you need to buy the leather care set as well and she personally uses it on her furniture :mysmilie_19:

The padding seems to be very sparse and they're saying it is support for the back and neck made for an s a s shaped spine !!!!
And she also said it is hercule poirot esc style! :mysmilie_15:

To quote only fools and horses it really is " old english vinyl".

To be honest it doesn't look too safe when it rocks and spins and moves when you sit down in it and suprisingly it is the ideal present for your parents for valentines day!!!!.

Last edited:
Ideal World, shilling this weeks "best phone in the world" what a shock.

The review below taken from Tom's guide, but not you Mr Tom!

The good

• 10-hour battery life
  • Low price
  • Stylish design

The bad

• Still runs Nougat
  • No headphone jack
  • Low-resolution display
  • Poor cameras

Verdict
Nuu Mobile's G3 evokes the looks of the Galaxy S9 for a fraction of the price. But this budget phone is only a fraction as good.
Score rating
2.5/5

The review below taken from Tom's guide, but not you Mr Tom!

The good

• 10-hour battery life
  • Low price
  • Stylish design

The bad

• Still runs Nougat
  • No headphone jack
  • Low-resolution display
  • Poor cameras

Verdict
Nuu Mobile's G3 evokes the looks of the Galaxy S9 for a fraction of the price. But this budget phone is only a fraction as good.
Score rating
2.5/5

That's weird cos the woman was banging on about the fact it has an fm radio, and headphones to go with it!!! But this say's it has no headphone jack. FM Radio...ffs, anyone with anyone smart phone can get a free app..I wonder how many rushed to the phones on the back of that comment?!!

Trouble is with these shysters is everything is the best and its always going to sell out , you say it too many thimes and people start thinking you are a liar , they just need to be a bit more honest and stop saying every phone is the best and lying about stock

Latest posts

Back