Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He was annoying me the other night with his 'I'm not saying this to pressure you into buying (putting hands up at same time) you're the govna, you're in control, however if you want one of these all I'm saying is it might be an idea to check out ya basket naaaa!!'

So, in other words, what you ARE doing is using a not so subtle sales technique to apply pressure on the viewer to order quickly, wrapped up with nice words saying that's NOT what you're doing.
When I was watching last night, Mike was being extremely aggressive with his sales pitch, continually repeating that watches were about to sell out as well as telling people to get on the phone because they could poach one of the remaining watches off a web buyer who hadn't checked out their basket as well as saying that they had more buyers online than watches, etc., etc., yet at no point was it apparent that watches were actually selling as fast as he was claiming.

Makes me think that those particular watches weren't exactly flying out the door (y)

He doesn't have to tonight It's Peter Simon that's on, so Mike can save his story for the next time it's on a show he's presenting, he'll probably use the excuse he wasn't there and nobody told him it was back in stock and Kevin will be all apologetic and then we'll get the hope nobody buys it malarkey.

Ain't it just exquisite!
Ain't it just sublime!
What's the case size on this Kevin?
The strap alone is worth £10,000!
It's yours for just £49.99 (even though that's just the first of 4 flexis) so strictly speaking it's not 'yours' yet.
And with a free pen worth £1,000,000!
Am I right Kevin in thinking each one takes 25 years to make and has a billion separate parts?
Am I right Kevin in thinking this one only loses 1 sec of accuracy every trillion light years?
Here's a picture of a tank (f*** all to do with the watch but hey ho!)
Ain't it heavy Kevin, it's got a real weight to it!
A mean ... a mean ... a mean ...

Blah blah blah!!!

:)

Ain't it just exquisite!
Ain't it just sublime!
It's yours for just £49.99 (even though that's just the first of 4 flexis) so strictly speaking it's not 'yours' yet.
Am I right Kevin in thinking each one takes 25 years to make and has a billion separate parts?
Am I right Kevin in thinking this one only loses 1 sec of accuracy every trillion light years?

Blah blah blah!!!

Does anyone else think that the Free £1,000,000 Pen is supposed to look like a Mont Blanc? Mont Blanc my Ars* :LOL:

I’d rather buy a £1 Sharpie because they’re much better quality, and the real thing, and they will actually even Write too! :)

When I was watching last night, Mike was being extremely aggressive with his sales pitch, continually repeating that watches were about to sell out as well as telling people to get on the phone because they could poach one of the remaining watches off a web buyer who hadn't checked out their basket as well as saying that they had more buyers online than watches, etc., etc., yet at no point was it apparent that watches were actually selling as fast as he was claiming.

Makes me think that those particular watches weren't exactly flying out the door (y)

And what does this conclusively prove? In reality, they couldn't care less who is buying from them! All this guff about caring for customers, referring to them as 'collectors' etc. Imagine if you were a really good IW customer, buying thousands of £££ worth of goods from them each year. Then, one evening you put an item in your basket and continue to browse (that's what shopping encompasses, right? Browsing if you feel like it, right?) Then you get to the checkout and BANG, the item you were looking forward to most has disappeared from your basket!

They, like many retailers, couldn't care less who you are. As long as you're buying from them ... quickly ... that's all they're concerned about.

CHECK OUT YA BASKETS NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!
(but no pressure)

Ain't it just exquisite!
Ain't it just sublime!

Blah blah blah!!!

It's like watching him live:eek::ROFLMAO:
Kevin Reynolds keeps claiming the Vostok's have been to the bottom of the ocean in a bathyspere, now correct me if I'm wrong, but the pressure inside will be 1 ATM otherwise the people inside would be crushed, so the watch is only at 1 ATM too

Now we were saying this afternoon , Kevin and I , together with Sam and our Kieran , we have NEVER SEEN a solid steel automatic with 6 inches water resistancy and a Mao Tse Tung movement in it's own lunchbox for this kind of money, and the fact is that these watches shouldn't be here, because for obvious reasons they should have been at Basel World, which is why they are a fraction of the price.
Now yer'll be needing to check out yer baskets because for a hand built prestige timepiece that is a statement item these are gonna go!
Now Kevin and me have been presenting watches for the best part of seventy years , and we've never seen anything like this , have we Kev?
That's right Peder , sapphire glass , titanium strap and it comes in it's own lunchbox which'll also keep your sandwiches fresh.
Now courtesy of Vladimir every watch will have a free gift ,which is tie pin in the shape of a paper clip similar to the Soviet era paperclips which were used in the KGB headquarters, in fact it is a genuine paperclip and it's worth £70 but tonight it's a free gift.
But you know Peder , it's the extra care that Vladimir puts into every watch -see here in the movement , they have actually POLISHED OUT the original engraving where it says 'made in China'- now they didn't need to do that, but at Ideal World we like to conceal the country of manufacture , so that you , the customer, never really knows what he is getting.
That's right Kev, now what I am going to show you now is quite remarkable - this is the Lubyanka , modelled on the original KGB headquarters and it is the heaviest watch ever manufactured - 12kg of soviet grade steel.
It's a limited edition of 400 and it comes with it's own inflatable pillow to rest your wrist on- Kevin.
That's right Peder, Vladimir spent twelve years sourcing the steel and he's allowed me to have the first option on a very limited number, see here on the dial is the emblem of a light bulb which is a homage to the interrogation rooms in the original Lubyanka building. That's a very nice touch and typical of the attention to detail that Vladimir is famous for.
Now I've just been told that we are down to single figures on the Lubyanka SINGLE FIGURES ON THE LUBYANKA- you'll need to check out yer baskets.
It's about you getting it now- well done at 'ome.

Who is our Bet, Peter Simon sometimes mentions

‘Our Bet’ is ‘someone’ who Dirty Peter has, for years, tried to imply is the ‘Lady in his life’.

Many of us on here have suspected that it’s merely a very crude and cynical sales technique to suggest to his typical old fashioned audience that he’s married to, or cohabitating with, a Lady.

Basically, he’s full of s*&t. His lies are verging on pathological, I wouldn’t believe a word he says, unless he’s being racist :)

‘Our Bet’ is ‘someone’ who Dirty Peter has, for years, tried to imply is the ‘Lady in his life’.

Many of us on here have suspected that it’s merely a very crude and cynical sales technique to suggest to his typical old fashioned audience that he’s married to, or cohabitating with, a Lady.

Basically, he’s full of s*&t. His lies are verging on pathological, I wouldn’t believe a word he says, unless he’s being racist :)
And of course he is attempting to emulate Larry Grayson who had his friends Everard and Slack Alice (that always made me laugh). But the difference is that Dirty Peter is not funny...

Well put Wirral

He asked where Olaf was to Igor last night, Kev said it's Oleg

You'd think he'd do a bit of homework and get people's name right. Kev also had a go at him for saying Ellie instead of Helen, one of the great watch buying team.

As for Bet, I think that name's wrong too, more like our Bert

Ah well, Mason has his watch, suppose the story had been run so long, that even IW had figured that it had run it's course, they'll need to think up a new one now.
Supposedly he got it Wednesday and I believe him🙄, he could have got it three years ago.

Kev said he gets so much abuse for saying the strap is hand stitched. 'It is hand stitched by a woman with a sewing machine'

😁

As far as I'm aware 'our Bet' is a ,ahem, 'comedy' character dreamed up by Peter.

That's why I find him hilarious (not in the way he intends though). From his solemn face to camera presidential addresses, to his (unintentional) Hylda Baker like misuse of words.

I'm so relieved that, after all this time, MM managed to get his hands on a watch. He must be so relieved!

Why is it that, whenever I see him presenting a watch show, that I have this vision of Mike in wartime London, standing on a street corner going "Psst!" to passers-by before opening his jacket to reveal a load of wristwatches hanging inside?!

I'm just sick and tired of literally every time I switch to IW they're selling watches, hideous, bulky, overpriced watches for men..I checked out the website just now and they have 546 men's watches and just 68 for women. Yes, ok I get it that all the fashion is female orientated as is the jewellery..but this watch obsession has got stupid now..Think it's high time they started a separate channel to flog their shonky watches, or just changed the name of the channel to Ideal Watches and be done with it.

I would substitute he for them, I wouldn't believe a word out of any of them on IW.

Hayley, the doesn't take a breath but actually says nothing, Greene is selling garden stuff from Garden Bargains. The compost, she says, you can't buy it anywhere else, we asked the nursery to sell us it, but they said they don't sell compost we're a nursery, but they did and it's special bagged for IW, that's why there is no name on the bag.

Tell you, you can't believe one word out of their mouths, in Hayley's case that would be about 10,000 words, they are all liars.

Latest posts

Back