Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone who saw it think there may have been an issue with the MT watch when Peter was trying to reset the thing? Kev had to instruct him 'press the top button. Press it hard' but whatever (and I don't know what) he was attempting it appeared to be having no effect because he pressed the thing a few times before changing the subject. On another camera angle I saw him press the bottom button again.

I get the feeling PS still thinks he's a TV "Personality", and trying to hold on to the last vestiges of a long gone career. He's a dinosaur, at his last chance saloon I'm afraid.
It's all rather sad.

His 'comedy' routines are a knee jerk reaction, a throwback to happier times perhaps?

I've just had on the repeat showing of Mike Mason doing the TCL phone with free TV. At the beginning he done his usual guff about how much you would pay for each feature. Got it up to £2500 without the free tv. That's not how pricing a product works Mike but never mind. You wouldn't pay that for the top of the range iphone or Samsung.

Sorry but I COMPLETELY disagree with you on this. I find it a VERY informative way to explain to me, the viewer, how much the product SHOULD be selling for and how much of a bargain I'm therefore getting.

To be honest, next time I'm in Currys I'm going to ask to see the manager to put them right. I'll select a product, let's say a 50" tv they're selling for £899.99. I'll explain to the manager:

'Screen, worth £500 all day long.
Main electronic board, worth £400 all day long.
Next gen processor, worth £400 all day long.
Plastic surround and stand, worth £200 all day long.
4k capable, worth £500 all day long.
Cinematic sound with Dolby, worth £300 all day long.
Freeview HD, worth £200 all day long.
HDMI, USB, Network and other ports, worth £200 all day long.

You IDIOT, this is a £2,700 tv ALL DAY LONG! Get it marked up to £2,000, the customer's still getting a bargain!'

I'll then smile smugly and slowly walk out the store, pointing at other products as I go, shouting back to the stunned but thankful manager 'THAT WASHING MACHINE SHOULD BE £500 MORE … THAT KETTLE SHOULD BE £100 MORE … THAT PACK OF PHONE SCREEN PROTECTORS SHOULD BE £1,000,000 MORE!!! ...'

:)

Does anyone who saw it think there may have been an issue with the MT watch when Peter was trying to reset the thing? Kev had to instruct him 'press the top button. Press it hard' but whatever (and I don't know what) he was attempting it appeared to be having no effect because he pressed the thing a few times before changing the subject. On another camera angle I saw him press the bottom button again.

Just watched it back, looks like they hadn't wound up the movement before showing, minute hand hadn't moved either, and there's no seconds hand on it to see at a glance if it's going or not. They should have given it a few winds before putting on air, idiots. :ROFLMAO:

Talking of Peter Simon on Going Live and kids telly in the 80's (I must admit finding him hilarious on Double Dare), I always remember a big scandal when he was co-presenting on a Radio One roadshow (I think it was with Tony Blackburn). It made the front pages of the Sunday papers because he was on stage pretending the microphone was his willy, waving it round between his legs, pointing it at the audience and boasting about how many donuts he could fit on his "thing" (12 if memory serves me right). You have to remember the audience of those Radio 1 roadshows was usually made up of young teenage girls so it caused quite a fuss. He seemed to disappear from the BBC kids telly after that.

I have to say i always thought PS was carp and still is

I'm a kid of the 70's / 80's and tbh don't remember him. This either means I didn't see any of his tv work at the time or, traumatized, I've blanked it out! Just from my perspective, I'll be honest and say I did find him mildly amusing on selly telly years back, however it's worn very very thin and now he just annoys me.

Eww That’s gross
Talking of Peter Simon on Going Live and kids telly in the 80's (I must admit finding him hilarious on Double Dare), I always remember a big scandal when he was co-presenting on a Radio One roadshow (I think it was with Tony Blackburn). It made the front pages of the Sunday papers because he was on stage pretending the microphone was his willy, waving it round between his legs, pointing it at the audience and boasting about how many donuts he could fit on his "thing" (12 if memory serves me right). You have to remember the audience of those Radio 1 roadshows was usually made up of young teenage girls so it caused quite a fuss. He seemed to disappear from the BBC kids telly after that.

I appreciate any 'top x' list is nearly always subjective, however it was with some interest that I noted Peter saying last night during his watch show intro 'bringing you some of the most exclusive watch brands in the world' or to that effect.

According to the list in the link below, IW must be working to a different definition of 'most exclusive.'

Guys, honest a God, those Mankey Tissot Rolly watches look exactly the same as the £20 knock off Rolex on Wish.com, literally identical :)

I appreciate any 'top x' list is nearly always subjective, however it was with some interest that I noted Peter saying last night during his watch show intro 'bringing you some of the most exclusive watch brands in the world' or to that effect.

According to the list in the link below, IW must be working to a different definition of 'most exclusive.'

Here's a good one, this one includes a lot of brands, although quite a few IW brands don't feature, especially those brands that have taken America by storm and are in all the top stores.

It sounds like the Emma Mattress Pillows are the only ones for De Knees, she seems in no doubt about that.

Betcha that’s until she’s shilliing Dormeo, Downland or My Pillow :)

Meanwhile Nanty is in full flow shilling a Salter Cooker, and once again he says ‘I have to be honest ....’

Whenever he says that you know he’s BS’ing.:)

Whoa!!!! hold the phone:oops: That Emma watch seller has just claimed that a Reign watch is more accurate/reliable than a Rolex from a few years agoo_O Where is that bull sh@t detector?
RRP from £900, down to £199, yeah that'll be right:poop:
Whilst I'm on my high horse, last night had the Vostok Europe stuff, hand built and signed by the builder:unsure: the NH35A novements are bought in assembled, $14 each, put in a case, winder fitted, "hand built":ROFLMAO:

The 'Dantes' watch RRP of £900 :ROFLMAO:, it's got a Miyota 8N24 which is just the no date skeleton version of the bog standard 8200 series.

As for exclusive, you can buy it on Amazon, 4 different sellers on there, including Resultco (strangely their shop name on amazon, is Ideal Fashions) the brand owner trying to flog it at £900, what happened to inflated RRP so retailers can offer discounts, does that not include yourselves. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Actually quite a few sharks (thieving gits) on that Amazon market place trying to flog these things at close to RRP.

I thought i posted a link in my first reply but obviously must have missed that bit.

Here's a ranking site with more.

Whoa!!!! hold the phone:oops: That Emma watch seller has just claimed that a Reign watch is more accurate/reliable than a Rolex from a few years agoo_O Where is that bull sh@t detector?
RRP from £900, down to £199, yeah that'll be right:poop:
Whilst I'm on my high horse, last night had the Vostok Europe stuff, hand built and signed by the builder:unsure: the NH35A novements are bought in assembled, $14 each, put in a case, winder fitted, "hand built":ROFLMAO:

I would say her and The Swan & Edgar guy are vying for top spot for who can spout the most crap/bullsh@t in a show, loathe both of them, just taking advantage of folks who don't know anything about watches, conning them with misinformation and lies, utterly despicable both of them. :mad:

I’m confused with Dennice is presenting Emma Matress with Shona as a guest, I thought Shona is a presenter why have them both

It's to give the illusion (con) the customers into thinking that the guests presenters really are experts in the products they are shilling, a few of the guests work for the companies who's products are being sold, the rest are just actors/presenters pretending to be experts.

Emma, yeah that big Swiss brand begining with P, have cusion cases like the reaign, so do that huge Chinese brand beging with P. And just for the record, I would pick the Chinese P (Parnis) over Reign any day of the week.

Now she's on the Reign Helios, says it's based on the classic railways clock design. She says there's a brand, and she can't even remember Mondaine's name of the top of her head, but you'll be buying a quartz version (actually they do automatic as well Emma) and you'll be paying a lot more. Actually for the quartz version, some of them are cheaper, the automatic is dearer but there again, it's a far superior watch (Swiss made with ETA 2824), and they make it themselves, they don't have Chinese folk making a cheap watch, using cheap as chips miyota movement and sticking a brand name on it for them and claiming it's worth £900.

anyway how close does this watch look to Swiss railway clocks.

Swiss Railways Clock

Reign Helios

Mondaine watch

Latest posts

Back