Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sorry but I need to say this again.

Why is this still a thing? By 'this' I mean launching IW mkII in 2023? Run of the mill products most consumers can find elsewhere and often cheaper. I just don't get it. Yes I could get it if they were flogging stuff more niche and/or more difficult to buy elsewhere, however that simply isn't the case.

I mean did they not feature the manual whisk thing when they launched? Jeez ...

View attachment 26475

Dressed in black. Are they having a wake for IW, perchance? 🤭
Caught last bit of this last night.

Glad to see these healthy eating smoothies are working on the lithe, fit and trim chef Brodel.
I think they wear black because it's slimming!

He put banana (he pronounces it Ba-nah-nah, like Nana!) and apple, then ballsed it right up with adding cut peppers, ginger, then mango, pineapple and anything else he could find in the non-existent fridge.

The resulting grey-brown mess that came out of the "not work" blender (eneight work, neightwork, 'n-ate-work? Surely a joke brand name?) looked as unappetising as their faces when they gingerly (geddit?) sipped at the champagne glass he poured the sickly mess into, feigning delight. She had 2 tiny sips and put the glass down.

They don't need a cooker, just an induction hob and an airfryer oven, bought from IW brought over. Only thing IW had also was a fitted wall oven?

Caught last bit of this last night.

Glad to see these healthy eating smoothies are working on the lithe, fit and trim chef Brodel.
I think they wear black because it's slimming!

He put banana (he pronounces it Ba-nah-nah, like Nana!) and apple, then ballsed it right up with adding cut peppers, ginger, then mango, pineapple and anything else he could find in the non-existent fridge.

The resulting grey-brown mess that came out of the "not work" blender (eneight work, neightwork, 'n-ate-work? Surely a joke brand name?) looked as unappetising as their faces when they gingerly (geddit?) sipped at the champagne glass he poured the sickly mess into, feigning delight. She had 2 tiny sips and put the glass down.

They don't need a cooker, just an induction hob and an airfryer oven, bought from IW brought over. Only thing IW had also was a fitted wall oven?
I'm sure there is or was a clip on YT of a selly telly presenter going 'MMmmm' when tasting something, then spitting it out and pulling a funny face when they thought the camera wasn't on them :)

EVERYTHING is wonderful in selly telly land ...

I wonder if they are making any money,once the stooges and background crew are paid.
If they are it can't be much. I'd love to know what their sales numbers and margins actually are. Used to think the same with IW mk1 'these are flying out' but at the same time they seemed to have remaining stock day in day out, week in week out!

Smoke and mirrors ...

Hayley seems unable to say URINE so is constantly saying UREEEEENEE

It isn't a swear word Hayley
This Hayley really frustrates me, having seen her more on SE recently than I ever watched her on IW on products I wasn't interested in.

She doesn't seem stupid and can present on TV, sort of, but seems to suffer from what I call 'random talking' whilst looking mid-distance into a camera lens, in a bit of a repeated mantra state for any product it could be, and with talkback in her ear, and cannot speak on-topic without going into auto-pilot, over-exaggeration and raptures about a product.

Last night, she introduced something and called it 'amazing' three times in the space of two sentences.

Something like, "hello, welcome and tonight we bring you this *amazing* product from n8werk <or insert any product name here>, which really is an *amazing* blender/<any item> and will save you time & money and create *amazing* drinks & smoothies you can make at home...".

C'mon, it's a blender. It's not amazing and the £43 price+ wasn't amazing either.

Some presenters are able to focus and talk rationally, but I've noticed some of them are sort of in a "regular patter, repeat" where they start with a standard pre-amble on any product while looking into camera, and start talking in an overblown way and then it's buzzword bingo with random hyperbolic words thrown in as they fill the air with random comments.

Suspect that if she were talking to a person and selling, she'd be quite good, a bit like they do on QVC when they interact with each other and discuss and describe the product.

But SE and IW format always starts with this overblown 2 minute monologue speeches where they go off on one... where they're basically riffing on a theme and doing an impromptu speech where they go off into flights of fancy.

If she kept to the facts and presented in a more matter-of-fact style, like some other channel presenters, AH, MM, PB come to mind, then to me, at least, she'd have more credibility.

Frustrating and annoying, as she (and others) could do so much better.

Last edited:

"oi derrick, that ****** blender you got us off Ideal Extra n8werk! It simply does n8werk!"

"Join Jonathan Bordel for this amazing collection of TV exclusive men's timepieces from Thomas Earnshaw and Pegoud, featuring great savings and a complimentary gift!"

I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night than in the company of Mr There, There, There himself. He's on at 7PM and 11PM (both live - only the Collagen Miracle Life Reversing Snake Oil® show at 8PM isn't live today).

"Join Jonathan Bordel for this amazing collection of TV exclusive men's timepieces from Thomas Earnshaw and Pegoud, featuring great savings and a complimentary gift!"

I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night than in the company of Mr There, There, There himself. He's on at 7PM and 11PM (both live - only the Collagen Miracle Life Reversing Snake Oil® show at 8PM isn't live today).
I actually fancied one of the Pegoud pilot's watches when last seen on IW. I resisted, but it was around £100.

Can somebody give me the low-down on Pegoud. Are they French, made in China, or what?

Also, not seen mention of the William Hunt watch brand, not particularly cheap, "designer"(?) as seen on TJC/site. Are they Chinese knock-offs too?

I actually fancied one of the Pegoud pilot's watches when last seen on IW. I resisted, but it was around £100.

Can somebody give me the low-down on Pegoud. Are they French, made in China, or what?

Also, not seen mention of the William Hunt watch brand, not particularly cheap, "designer"(?) as seen on TJC/site. Are they Chinese knock-offs too?

Okay, trying to remember all the brands on IW (now shop extra it would seem) that Bordell is the guest expert for, McCabe, Pegoud, Cadola, Earnshaw, RGMT, CCCP, AVI-8, Ballast, Nubeo, Duxot, Schild, Spinnaker, Tsovet, Villemont & Mainspring are all one in the same, they all have individual web sites, individual concocted stories (history/heritage) and pretend to be separate brands with no connections to each other, but they are all one company, Solar Time, Kowloon, Hong Kong and are distributed and marketed through Solar Time's subsidiary in the UK, The Dartmouth Brands ltd. It's a company from China, watches are made in China, though you'll never, ever hear Bordell mention that fact.

William Hunt, looks like just another attempt at a fashion brand making money from accessories like watches. Nothing special looking about them, they'll be made in China too, like a lot of fashion brands.

Okay, trying to remember all the brands on IW (now shop extra it would seem) that Bordell is the guest expert for, McCabe, Pegoud, Cadola, Earnshaw, RGMT, CCCP, AVI-8, Ballast, Nubeo, Duxot, Schild, Spinnaker, Tsovet, Villemont & Mainspring are all one in the same, they all have individual web sites, individual concocted stories (history/heritage) and pretend to be separate brands with no connections to each other, but they are all one company, Solar Time, Kowloon, Hong Kong and are distributed and marketed through Solar Time's subsidiary in the UK, The Dartmouth Brands ltd. It's a company from China, watches are made in China, though you'll never, ever hear Bordell mention that fact.

William Hunt, looks like just another attempt at a fashion brand making money from accessories like watches. Nothing special looking about them, they'll be made in China too, like a lot of fashion brands.
Imagine if you had the skills to hack their on-screen graphics in real time. When showing these watches you could put the following up in large capital letters, flashing on and off with a siren sound similar to the noise Paul B makes ;)

MADE IN CHINA ... BRAND NAME BEARS NO RESEMBLANCE TO QUALITY ... MADE IN CHINA ... BRAND NAME BEARS NO RESEMBLANCE TO QUALITY ...

If they now backtrack on sending out some plastic scissors after stating categorically on-air, each individual Piranha customer purchase would get the scissors free gift, you suspect things haven’t started well

Latest posts

Back