Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh see Carys is on tonight, another one scooped up from the IW scrap heap.

Wonder if any of the lower ranks from IW, warehouse folk, general office staff, cleaners etc have been employed by their family & friends at shop extra or is it just all the buyers, production and presenting side. It would be a real kick in the teeth if the folks who weren't responsible for various IW's demises were left on the scrap heap yet all the shysters/incompetent idiots etc who were responsible have quickly found employment repeating the same crap that was a factor in the IW's downfall.
They have not. Also the production crew aren’t hired per se, they’re all freelance.

FABULOUS air fryer show with Brodel and Hayley in the spacious main create and craft studio this evening (two cramped pretenders trying to flog a sewing machine from the nuclear bunker on c&c instead)

Appetising array of food cooked up by Paul including chips, potatoes, chips, a vintage, well-worn brown leather handbag he kept mispronouncing as “chicken”, and wedges.

At one point he was telling us about all the vegetables one can air fryer, such as broccoli and asparagus and the like, …whilst dishing out yet more chips from the air fryer basket.

Why this guy isn’t on Masterchef escapes me. His range is astounding. Give us another book Paul - I need these recipes!

Last edited:
FABULOUS air fryer show with Brodel and Hayley in the spacious main create and craft studio this evening (two cramped pretenders trying to flog a sewing machine from the nuclear bunker on c&c instead)

Appetising array of food cooked up by Paul including chips, potatoes, chips, a vintage, well-worn brown leather handbag he kept mispronouncing as “chicken”, and wedges.

At one point he was telling us about all the vegetables one can air fryer, such as broccoli and asparagus and the like, …whilst dishing out yet more chips from the air fryer basket.

Why this guy isn’t on Masterchef escapes me. His range is astounding. Give us another book Paul - I need these recipes!
Isn’t he the only out of those chefs, who actually is one

Just turned onto Create and Craft, and yes Yannis and Becky, who are the presenter and Expert, are in the bunker almost sat on each other

its always the same stuff they cook on the air fryer shows, Do they realise you can cook more healthier stuff

I’ve got a Ninja double air fryer. I cook chips, bacon, sausage, chips, bacon, sausage, chips… I’m sure I’m not alone in using an air fryer for this limited purpose. Anything more elaborate I want to cook in a conventional oven or a casserole dish - that kind of thing. Yes, I’m sure you can cook all sorts of exotic things in air fryers, but for the life of me, I can’t work out what. They are essentially showing what most of us use them for - chips, fry-ups, burgers, tiny chickens…

its always the same stuff they cook on the air fryer shows, Do they realise you can cook more healthier stuff
I hopped on to the YT feed last night, they were flogging the air fryers, Paul and Hayley. Just as I hopped on, the camera was panning all the plates of food. Hayley said something like 'SOoooo many plates of food' and I thought 'yeah, cause you have multiple air fryers on the go! Churning out food as quickly from 1 x air fryer, not possible.' ;)

Doesn’t Paul actually have a restuarant, His menu must be Chicken Wings, with Chips,,Fries, or Wedges

He does, and he's previously talked about how expensive the 4 deep fat fryers he has there are to run. Why not buy yourself some of these Gourmetmaxxxx 7l dual-drawer units while they're on offer then, Paul? After all, they can cook a wide range of food and the results are "perfection", "exquisite", etc.

I do love Paul. He's a ball of charisma and talent - but I didn't know this about him:

"Paul was introduced to a vast array of world cuisines from a very early age whilst circumnavigating the globe with his parents in their sailing yacht. He learnt to create meals in a tiny galley kitchen with very few ingredients or equipment. By the time he returned home he knew his future lay in catering."

He's also worked in The House of Commons, and was a "food stylist" for many of TV's top chefs.

Finally, for those unaware, Paul is a published author. His diverse bibliography includes acclaimed titles such as "What's For Dinner" (chips, presumably), "Halogen Cooking Made Simple" and the follow up for those who struggled with that, "Halogen Cooking Made Easy".

Latest posts

Back