Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As far as the customer is considered (and the law), Simon Iles is only a shop extra supplier & guest demonstrator, he may be supplying Shop Extra (Hochanda Global) with freebies to give away, but you're not buying from Simon (or his company), the offer and sale is being made to the customer by Shop Extra (Hochanda Global) as an incentive to buy.
It's up to Shop Extra (Hochanda Global) to sort out.
The only reason a customer would need to contact Simon directly, is later down the line when a products goes faulty and is under guarantee, then they would contact his company to sort the fault under guarantee.
Thank you for replying Hammy

A few of his shows, he has given stuff away, asking viewers, to email in with Name and Address

Ah okay got ya now. (y)

It's still Shop Extra that is responsible, Simon Iles is only a guest, a demonstrator from one of Shop Extras suppliers, doesn't matter who's saying what on screen or who is ultimately supplying the freebies, you are emailing Shop Extra and the freebies/promotion is being used as an incentive for viewers to buy products they are selling on one of Shop Extra's show.

Suplier / Simon Iles Shop Extra Customer

I'm assuming, with the channel being new and probably short of warehouse space, a lot of the products may be coming direct from suppliers to customers at the moment, but while a lot of stuff maybe coming directly from suppliers (which they'll be recompensed for) to Shop Extra customers, it's still Shop Extra's responsibility/who you deal with to rectify any problems not the supplier.

I’m not sure how big these warehouse is, as I know a lot of the Craft Products, are sent from the suppliers

I wouldn't imagine it's big for a craft warehouse, probably decent size for craft stuff but probably too small for a lot of the shop extra stuff, the stuff that are selling on shop extras would take up a fair bit of space. I would imagine if it became permanent and all day broadcasting then they would be looking to aquire extra warehouse space somewhere nearby in Peterborough.

I see Companies House has a 69 page document from the administrators at IW

No list of unsecured creditors, but looks like about £15 million will never be seen again.

From just a quick scan, looks like Hamish Morjaria bought into something that was doomed to fail. Although Ideal Shopping Direct was gone, Ideal Shopping was basically the same again without the debt, same working model, staff, suppliers etc, looks like he tried to make changes to suppliers, the deals etc to cut costs, but was losing money from the off. Got cash help from Sports Direct (they increased shares and had a Director on board) but still having cash flow problems. In the end looks like Sports Direct weren't satisfied this was going to work so weren't prepared to throw cash in for the long haul. Looked for buyer, but no buyer, admin.

And Paul Wright on the day it closed, said something like any Shopping Channel,starting would struggle

Then he started another

Well i suppose he's not actually starting a new channel per se, just renaming and extending the products on his existing channels, so might not be as big a risk as starting a whole new business. If done right he's more chance of success than Hamish M. Although personally for me, his choice of ex IW presenters/staff and products etc is casting huge doubt on the success of the channel.

The whole set up is on a much smaller scale and probably run differently as a business, where as Hamish M took over an big existing failing business with the hope of changing it's fortunes.

So we've had Williams wash and wax, Renault wash and wax, now shelby 🤔 none of this stuff makes your car go any faster 😁 just wonder how many more manufacturers can they ascribe to the same product 🤔 bit like their watches and old store names
I'm bringing one out and Shop (pay) Extra has agreed to sell it.

The brand name is Streaky Chalky Wash No Wax. Apply generously (actually you'll need 1 litre per car panel) using any old cloth, leave for 3 days minimum then buff buff buff with another old cloth. Guaranteed to leave a streaky chalky finish offering zero protection to the bodywork. Can't be used on painted metal surfaces, alloys, glass, rubber or plastic. Cash sales only, no refunds.

Kev did a very, very special deal for the Vostok Nuclear watch, plus it has the 10% off club discount, he's staggered at the price.

£539.99

Cracking deal Kev, obviously it's not as special a deal as you sister company (just4watches) with the 24% discount you're giving there.

£532

Okay before anybody says straps are different, it's the same watch cause the watch comes with two straps and the sites are just using the different strap pics.

They were cut off just before 8 with a demo ad, then Shaun does an intro for the "club"😁
Back to the overpriced Lunokhods they couldn't shift on ideal world 😁

Kev on the Atomic watch with the perpetual calendar movement the YM86, him and Shaun discussing how technical the watch is and how tired the guy who invented it about 5 years ago must have been. :eek:

What you mean to say Kev is that it was about 5 years ago a guy at Seiko Epson in Hong Kong tired himself out when he decided to rename (YM86) an existing Seiko movement (7T86) and sell it to third party brands.;)

Of course the first time Kev hears about movements, and is oblivious to the fact they existed before hand, is when they appear in VE watches.

Latest posts

Back