Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

seen it all now...

they are playing a pre-tape of mark ryes shilling that scarf... fine, nothing iffy with that.

but then he asks the camera to pull out to show a pre-tape of Rebecca tan modelling the scary and showing the various ways it can be worn.

a pre-tape within a pre-tape.... is this bid tv or INCEPTION.

I think they may be trying to pre-record more and more. Have to say it was a delight to see Rebecca Tan again, one of the best assistants IMO. I was thinking of applying to become a presenter on Bid/PD but I don't have any talent or experience of live tv, have personal issues in public speaking, no good at cooking and useless at DIY, so I have to say in all honesty - I think I could be in with a good shout. I think I will make it my New Years Resolution!

I think they may be trying to pre-record more and more. Have to say it was a delight to see Rebecca Tan again, one of the best assistants IMO. I was thinking of applying to become a presenter on Bid/PD but I don't have any talent or experience of live tv, have personal issues in public speaking, no good at cooking and useless at DIY, so I have to say in all honesty - I think I could be in with a good shout. I think I will make it my New Years Resolution!

Bit harsh on charlie charleston haha

I think Charlie Charleston is an unsung hero. A month or 2 back he was on with Andy Hodgson one Sunday and he was ripping into Charlie something rotten, of course he couldn't bite back but it was an awkward moment. Hodgson went on to say to him "Would you prefer to be working on the radio"? What a tool. I hope he has gone as has been mentioned. Talk about being big headed. He made himself look a right twat. Good for you Charlie - keep up the good work.

Caught some of natalie cleverley's shift.

I was impressed that she sold a variety of handbags without contradicting herself once... if i was a customer, i wouldn't have been made to feel like an idiot 10mins after making a purchase.

Good stuff natalie

Caught some of natalie cleverley's shift.

I was impressed that she sold a variety of handbags without contradicting herself once... if i was a customer, i wouldn't have been made to feel like an idiot 10mins after making a purchase.

Good stuff natalie

I saw her selling that coat with the removable faux fur collar and the biggest size had sold out. Surprise, surprise she uttered a Portelliforemanism and urged ladies not to miss out and to go for the smaller size. After quoting the returns policy she enthused, quote 'what have you got to lose'?

I'd say at the very least you'd lose a tenner, probably even £12 :mysmilie_51:

And as we welcome a New Year - it all begins again with the same old same old! Will it ever improve??:mysmilie_10:

Well as we enter 2014 Mike Mason is on hand to bring in the new year with his sophisticated humour and witty one liners.

They say that laughter is infectious. I think with Mason we have found the cure :mysmilie_59:

He just had the kettle going and explained in very short syllables what steam was. I never knew that! What a star.:mysmilie_50:

I must give Mike some credit, he's working on New Year's Eve and we should be grateful for that. The least that the new Sit-Up should do is give him next year off.

The whole of it :mysmilie_59:

Fair comment about working NYE, but the whole year? I would be happy to chip in a few quid to keep him off TV.

Keep your money, I don't think you'll need to shell out if this new company are serious about surviving and even thriving, which I'm sure they are.

If this new lot don't know there's no place for loudmouth barrow boys (and girls) on a serious Shopping Channel then I suspect they have wasted their money!

Well I can seriously imagine MM selling a radio on a market stall and his pitch would be, "Come closer boys and gells - This radio is so powerful, it can get the 7 o'clock news at 6.30"
I bet he eats after 8 mints before 7 to!
I fear a serious cull is winging its way - if it comes I am sure we all may lose some (if not all) of our favourite presenters.

Well I can seriously imagine MM selling a radio on a market stall and his pitch would be, "Come closer boys and gells - This radio is so powerful, it can get the 7 o'clock news at 6.30"
I bet he eats after 8 mints before 7 to!
I fear a serious cull is winging its way - if it comes I am sure we all may lose some (if not all) of our favourite presenters.

There clearly needs to be changes. Don't get me wrong, there's surely a place for people like Mason, Brash and the likes and I really hope they find something suited to their style. However, I'm convinced that a shopping channel is not the place to showcase their talents.

Maybe it's time for them to finally decide whether they are a shopping channel or not because sometimes it's not clear what they are, particularly when a certain Peter Simon is on!

Well Wirral, where would we be if we couldn't have a laugh? - Yes you guessed it - watching bid/pd tv.

I wish them good luck for the new year but we can only guess what they'll look like this time next year.

Onwards and upwards, it can't get any worse!

Oh I think it will get worse before it gets better. I heard someone say MM's show is educational, I often say after watching - well that's taught me a lesson. Boom Boom.

Happy New Year everyone.

Where's the January Sale? Maybe they are all saled out from the other 11 months of clearances:mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back