Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught a bit of Baron Kean today.
I always enjoyed him when he sat slumped before the camera endlessly repeating the phone number but now he is engaging in a practice I can only describe as 'selling'.
For example he tells us that a Rene Valente watch is apparently 'something that can be handed down through the family' and that one needs more than one watch as watches 'should be rested'. I think he'll find it's suits that should be rested not watches.
Still I suppose even the aristocracy needs to make a bob or two these days-he'll be opening his home to the public next!

Sadly his Lordship has used the same spiel when selling a shitty AVI-8 watch, saying it can be handed down through generations and being generally lazy and predictable in his pitches. For me it's been a very disappointing display from him today, if he continues in this vein we might wish to give consideration to removing his title.

I'll tell you what though, this lot are seriously trying it on with the prices. They wanted £50 plus charges for it, happily he barely sold any (I think just four).

Lord kean looks smart today. i'll give him that

I agree, and his bouff is particularly buff today.

But lazy pitches are not what's expected from him. It's to be expected from the increasingly appalling Mike Mason but certainly not from Special K.

those ffffffffu#king radiator valves!!

I know, lazy and predictable. And having asked around I understand these valves aren't suitable for all heating systems yet I don't recall them mentioning that.

The only thing that isn't predictable about Bid right now is that they aren't having another 'sale'.

I know, lazy and predictable. And having asked around I understand these valves aren't suitable for all heating systems yet I don't recall them mentioning that.

The only thing that isn't predictable about Bid right now is that they aren't having another 'sale'.

they seem unsure if they are on a january weight loss kick or a valentines day fest... with the occasional "its cold so buy this"

they seem unsure if they are on a january weight loss kick or a valentines day fest... with the occasional "its cold so buy this"

I think even Bid aren't hard faced enough to claim it's a sale when they are charging almost £30 all in for a set of 6 Argan Oil products when 4 of the items in the set cost £4 in Poundland. They really, really should be utterly ashamed of themselves but of course they won't be.

Kean needs to be de-titled. Now he saying a cup of coffee costs more than each of the valves (£23 all in for 5).

He's no Lord.

I think even Bid aren't hard faced enough to claim it's a sale when they are charging almost £30 all in for a set of 6 Argan Oil products when 4 of the items in the set cost £4 in Poundland. They really, really should be utterly ashamed of themselves but of course they won't be.

Kean needs to be de-titled. Now he saying a cup of coffee costs more than each of the valves (£23 all in for 5).

He's no Lord.

to be fair... imagine how much he pays for a cup of coffee

paul evers just said

''in England we don't complain.... America are complainers but we don't moan if our plates are not warm''

surely he has that arse backwards just to suit his sales pitch?

He's no Lord.

is that the same Argan oil that peter simon was claiming was making his hair grow back thicker (results may vary) and his nails
were growing at an astonishing rate? you just could'nt make it up, bullshit of the highest eschelons, i would love to grab him
by the DECOLITAIRE and give him a dry slap!

Rezi/Rezzy/Rez...

why is her vocabulary full of....

yeah
yeh
hmmmm
mmmmm
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah

****** hell fire stop it! :grin:

Rezi/Rezzy/Rez...

yeah
yeh
hmmmm
mmmmm
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah

I wonder what her radio show is like?

Hopefully it's filled with music :mysmilie_59:

is that the same Argan oil that peter simon was claiming was making his hair grow back thicker (results may vary) and his nails
were growing at an astonishing rate? you just could'nt make it up, bullshit of the highest eschelons, i would love to grab him
by the DECOLITAIRE and give him a dry slap!

I saw him selling it once and he was banging on about how it had miraculously helped his hair grow back thicker, he then panicked and very quickly said to the camera guy "Don't get too close...but it really has worked". He's such a bullshitter he had to even tell them NOT to zoom in on his hair. Ridiculous.

Rezi/Rezzy/Rez...

yeah
yeh
hmmmm
mmmmm
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah
yeah

hmmm, not the most eloquent or articulate assistant is our Rezzi
perhaps communication skills and an extensive vocabulary are not in Situp's job spec? it would certainly explain a few things!

Frump is selling yet another Faux Fur Throw, she's playing the health/money saving attributes of it. She said 'I'm not scaremongering, i'm not saying this is going to cure Hypothermia but prevention is better than the cure'. Good grief.

But what is going on with the prices? They are higher than ever, £28 all in for a shitty 100% Polyester throw :mysmilie_13:

Frump is selling yet another Faux Fur Throw, she's playing the health/money saving attributes of it. She said 'I'm not scaremongering, i'm not saying this is going to cure Hypothermia but prevention is better than the cure'. Good grief.

But what is going on with the prices? They are higher than ever, £28 all in for a shitty 100% Polyester throw :mysmilie_13:

This must be the last throw of the dice, New Year New Start means gone is the biggest discount channels that sell cheap tat piled high and sold cheap, Instead they pile it low and sell it high

I've hardly watched since a week before Christmas but had nodded off on the sofa the other night and was dreaming of Peter Simon (scary I know) selling Elvis stuff, I woke up and turned it over and what would you know he was selling Elvis stuff, I'm guessing I was dreaming about it after reading on here of the tribute weekend coming up earlier in the week

I think over the many years Peter Simon has penetrated my brain as the dream was so vivid even down to the special Elvis sign they wheel out each year.

Also the great Andy H is still not on but seems well enough to go watch the great Burnley play and bumped into Alastair Campbell too, instead today we have Simon Davies

Last edited:
This must be the last throw of the dice, New Year New Start means gone is the biggest discount channels that sell cheap tat piled high and sold cheap, Instead they pile it low and sell it high

I've hardly watched since a week before Christmas but had nodded off on the sofa the other night and was dreaming of Peter Simon (scary I know) selling Elvis stuff, I woke up and turned it over and what would you know he was selling Elvis stuff, I'm guessing I was dreaming about it after reading on here of the tribute weekend coming up earlier in the week

I think over the many years Peter Simon has penetrated my brain as the dream was so vivid even down to the special Elvis sign they wheel out each year.

Also the great Andy H is still not on but seems well enough to go watch the great Burnley play and bumped into Alastair Campbell too, instead today we have Simon Davies

Are you aware they are selling exactly the same brand of Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner that is sold in Poundland? They even have Beauty Expert Paul Hetherington banging on about how fantastic it is and then they charge exorbitant prices you'd expect to pay for high end salon products.

Disgusting.

Are you aware they are selling exactly the same brand of Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner that is sold in Poundland? They even have Beauty Expert Paul Hetherington banging on about how fantastic it is and then they charge exorbitant prices you'd expect to pay for high end salon products.

Disgusting.

I am aware but only from reading it on here, I've not seen it myself yet but I think we are being a bit unfair on bid, they couldn't have known poundland would pick up £7 million of stock clearance for £50 and sell it for £1, Its more like £20 a bottle everywhere else isn't it? :p

I'm slightly worried that they have replaced the kitchen with a bedroom set though, I like looking at bedding as much as Peter Simon, Well maybe not quite as much as him but if its going to be on every 3rd product day after day week after week then i'm going to get bored, Also the floor in that boudoir doesn't look very appealing.

Also what was the thinking of boxing off the giant TV?, Poor Pete won't be able to prod and poke at it now when showing something extrrrrrrraaaaaaaaodddddddddddinaaaaaaarrrrrry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back