Red Carpet Gel nail system - how are you getting on? I think I wish I had bought it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i have the french manicure kit and although it is quite difficult to do it is not as difficult as a normal one as you can keep 'playing' with the RCM one until you are happy, you can keep wiping off and starting over then zap it with the lamp.

I bought a craft/nail/reading lamp off ebay which has led's and magnification and it is fab as you can really see what you are doing so even with my poor eyesight makes it easy to do nails.

For those wanting more colours - they do offer a 'colour of the week' which is one colour you can buy for half price when you purchase a full price one. They announce it every tuesday on the RCM facebook page. Does make getting more colours a little less expensive.

Hi,I haven't logged in for a while, but I finally got my Red Carpet TSV on wait list, after the courier lost my original delivery.

I'm having a few problems with the LED lamp. Sometimes, not all the time, it is excruciatingly painful when I put my hands under. I've had gels a few times at the spa and never experienced this before. There is no consistency to it either, so I might do one hand with no problems, but I go to the the next hand and I have to take my hand out after a few seconds and then put it back in, where as it is okay. Then if go round again with the next coat, no problems. It is very odd.

I wondered
A) whether it was just me
B) whether it is something i should be concerned about
C) does it mean the lamp is faulty

Im still in my 30 day MBG so would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,I haven't logged in for a while, but I finally got my Red Carpet TSV on wait list, after the courier lost my original delivery.

I'm having a few problems with the LED lamp. Sometimes, not all the time, it is excruciatingly painful when I put my hands under. I've had gels a few times at the spa and never experienced this before. There is no consistency to it either, so I might do one hand with no problems, but I go to the the next hand and I have to take my hand out after a few seconds and then put it back in, where as it is okay. Then if go round again with the next coat, no problems. It is very odd.

I wondered
A) whether it was just me
B) whether it is something i should be concerned about
C) does it mean the lamp is faulty

Im still in my 30 day MBG so would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.

If your nails are getting hot, then you are using the varnish too thickly. Try putting on thinner coats.

If your nails are getting hot, then you are using the varnish too thickly. Try putting on thinner coats.

Thanks for the suggestion but i don't think it is that. The burn feeling happens the second I put them under the LED lamp, it isn't like they are under the lamp and getting hotter.

Thanks for the suggestion but i don't think it is that. The burn feeling happens the second I put them under the LED lamp, it isn't like they are under the lamp and getting hotter.
I agree with Holmca. Try very thin coats. When I first started using RCM my nails felt as they were being bent or contracted. Very rarely have the problem now and I am applying very thin coats. When I did some research on the internet there was one person who reported having oversensitised nails all the time and she was putting it down to gel nail polish can't remember if she specified the brand.

BTW my nails are the best they have ever been and I have been using RCM since last August.

When I have put it on too thick or got it on the skin, the hot feeling is instant......it doesnt warm up gradually.

I have had the set since the last TSV and it doesnt happen now, since I got better at applying it.

My nails are absolutely the best they have ever been since I started using RCM, so hope you find a way to avoid the problem so you can have a fair trial with the products.

My lamp has stopped working!!
Put my base on and went to use the lamp,dead.Luckily I had still had the lamp from the sensationails kit I bought last year.
I tried swapping the power packs over,and the power pack works my other lamp,so defiantly the lamp.
Rang Qvc and they are seeing if they can get me a lamp on its own.
The other lamp works fine,but I feel I need to use it for longer,but no big deal.

Silly question but are you lying your fingers flat on the table and not holding them under the lamp?

I think the RCM lamp may have had 3 year manufacturer guarantee but just had a look and cannot find documentation to back this up. Will keep looking and revert when I find out.

Latest posts

Back