remember those metal odour removers qvc did?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I'm trying to be inclusive Yorko, I'm sure I read somewhere that if you rub garlic on the soles of your feet you can taste it in your mouth within a few minutes. What parts did you have in mind?

Jude xx

Your neck of course (for vampires)

I've seen something very similar in the local pound shop, it's shaped like a small tablet of soap but made from stainless steel.

We found the 'toilet' Zilo disc the other day when clearing out the bathroom cupboard - and I said to hubby just throw it away it as it never worked, which is why it ended up in the back of the cupboard. :thinking:

I think the big hairy Zilo man had a French name like Jean Paul, Thierry or something. (The big handsome German man was Michael and he used to open cans)

Zielonka was the manufacturer and that's what was printed on the metal, but QVC always called them Zilos (perhaps they thought Zielonka was too difficult for its viewers lol).

Stainless steel does work as a hand deodoriser, and I have the "metal soap" from a pound shop too. But you can just as well rub your wet hands on your stainless steel sink.

All my scientifically-based experiments proved they did nothing whatsoever for room odours.

I liked the Zilo man, the hairy one with the french name and I loved his products, even if they didnt work, maybe it was psychological that I thought they were working? Anyway I would buy more, especially if he came back.

I liked the Zilo man, the hairy one with the french name and I loved his products, even if they didnt work, maybe it was psychological that I thought they were working? Anyway I would buy more, especially if he came back.

I get the impression that the sales persons appearance (fanciable factor) plays a big part in your purchasing decisions Tri....

You are a marketing mans dream!

(Or woman's)

Definitley. If I like the guest Im certainly more inclined to buy the product.

I think the big hairy Zilo man had a French name like Jean Paul, Thierry or something. (The big handsome German man was Michael and he used to open cans)

Did the can opening man also sell like a manual juicer gadget type thing too? Cant rem now what the product was, but it was always on...

Are you talking about the staineless steel bars of soap? I often wondered if they worked?! Would sure save me some money on my l'Occitane soap! I could wash my whole body with them!

I could rub them under my armpits after I have been to the gym! Would save money on the tea tree aluminium-free deodorant I currently buy from Holland and Barrett.

Pretty much as I expected. I am physically capable of the job. I look like I should fit in but I don't. I am concerned to note that the country is being protected by people so incredibly thick and unenlightened! Fortunately I'm going to be redeployed. It's nice to be back home for a while along with QVC and the funny old community.

Just to update, my zilo came from amazon and it's been in the dishwasher ever since where it is very effectively preventing dishwasher pongs.

I can't comment on Stratos scientific tests, or emperors new clothes, but it works!

you could cut off a piece of you tap and put it in the dishwasher the zilo is stainless steel.

you could cut off a piece of you tap and put it in the dishwasher the zilo is stainless steel.

The inside of the dishwasher is stainless steel! Like I said before its SPECIAL stainless steel.... It's an ALLOY :giggle:

All stainless steel is an alloy.

You would have to use your nachine for a month or so WITHOUT IT to see if it started smelling, then, WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ELSE, put it back in again to see if the smell goes away.

The emporer's new clothes were made of SPECIAL material as well lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back