Ruth Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched a little and Ruth was ,well Ruth. She's an accomplished presenter but her appearance on QVC as a style guru is not very believable.

Personally I think QVC fashion is dire-leggings with stiletto's and shapeless baggy tops with or without a sharkbite hem is an absolute no no in my world! It's all the same,emu boots with leggings, Yong Kim (n co)with leggings etc etc. Leggings flatter very few and highlight knobbly knees fat knees and saggy bums with cellulite they are the worst ever and although I can imagine they are comfortable I wish they'd disappear for good.
I agree that the younger people would never buy fashion from the Q.

Jane and her Daughter Katherine are certainly lovely looking ladies but Katherine's look is very dated-1980's beauty queen comes to mind, and because of that she actually doesn't look out of place in Q fashion.

Totally agree L'squeezy. Any young girl/woman walking around in leggings and stilettos where I live, would be classed as a lady of the night ! you just don't see it, in fact even trousers with stilettos is a rarity. Its more common to see trainers with everything, so where the Q stylists get the leggings looks is beyond me, perhaps its just to make the models look much taller - well that works.

Agree same where I live trainers and Uggs with jeans or leggings, no stillettos even with the young . But these clothes keep selling out so we are told ,someone must be wearing them.

QVC takings must be really down to get a day time sleb to tell you what brands QVC do, which of course you'd already know that because youd actually be watching as you hear RL say them, so bit of a waste of money. Plus people nowadays can check the website and find out for themselves on that thing called......er......er....oh yes, the internet.

Totally agree L'squeezy. Any young girl/woman walking around in leggings and stilettos where I live, would be classed as a lady of the night ! you just don't see it, in fact even trousers with stilettos is a rarity. Its more common to see trainers with everything, so where the Q stylists get the leggings looks is beyond me, perhaps its just to make the models look much taller - well that works.

It's simple. They want to attract prostitutes to QVC.

QVC takings must be really down to get a day time sleb to tell you what brands QVC do, which of course you'd already know that because youd actually be watching as you hear RL say them, so bit of a waste of money. Plus people nowadays can check the website and find out for themselves on that thing called......er......er....oh yes, the internet.

I was thinking the same, why feel the need to bring these tv people on board and Pay them a large fee? As said many times before, I buy something that I like or need and never been influenced by a Zeleb or similar! :mysmilie_50:

I remember Caroline Hirons saying Q told her slightly plump mumsy types sell the most on Q so I think that is why they have brought Ruth in to flog the stuff, she fits their criteria to flog flog flog. I wonder if Kathy T is out of favour doing her dire fashion shows.

I was watching the promos for spring fashion week and many of the items looked great,fashionable and trendy. But I'm sure when it comes to it hardly any of these will be for purchase and the same old tat will be on offer.

I noticed a pair of Ravel sandals on the home page advertising the upcoming brand but when I looked ,they are not included in the items for sale and they were the only ones I liked the look of. They may add them later ,we shall see. I suspect its all smoke and mirrors.

They've probably got new viewers out of it, the tweets and texts suggested RL fans had tuned in to watch qvc just because she was on.

They've probably got new viewers out of it, the tweets and texts suggested RL fans had tuned in to watch qvc just because she was on.

I would agree with that judging by the posts to her on FB telling her how wonderful she was. Lots of names I'd never seen before talking to her as if she was actually on the page. They didn't even get an acknowledgement from the admin team.
Regarding the spring promo's who ever styled Julia in that tight dress needs to get their p45.

I would agree with that judging by the posts to her on FB telling her how wonderful she was. Lots of names I'd never seen before talking to her as if she was actually on the page. They didn't even get an acknowledgement from the admin team.
Regarding the spring promo's who ever styled Julia in that tight dress needs to get their p45.

Maybe she was put into an XS and not her actual small!😳

I can't watch her for a minute, as she talks so quickly I haven't a clue what she's rabbiting on about, and she gives me a headache. If she worked in the dreaded High Street, she would be grabbing people as they walked past the door, she's that desperate. You've got a choice between Charlie B, who talks at one word a minute or her, going at the speed of knots.
I didn't watch the prog, but did see the video presentation on the w/site on the Helen Berman coat. For the first 2 mins Kabler rabbited at 100 mph on ways to buy and pay, and then another minute on Langsford feigning faux shock/horror/surprise at the 30 day mbg; my reaction was 'oh stoppit you cretin, everyone in the sodding world knows about the 30 day mbg' and if not, then it would have been drummed into you when taking the job ! Then they finally got onto the coat - looked nice but clearly the upper arms were super narrow so no good to me with my flabby jobs.

(I'm still having a wet flannel on my forehead in a darkened room at the thought of Holden appearing with a homewares range)

Well here's the thing with me. I like Eamon and Ruth, in fact I always tuned into the 6am Sky News purely because of him, I liked his style and his quips and comments. Since he left I think I've watch the 6am news once, it's just not the same. I do off and on watch This Morning but I'm not addicted to it by any stretch of the imagination, so I watched Ruth's first QVC show for about half an hour. In the run up, before during and since, I note that like others suddenly we hear how she and other celebs are so mad about QVC, now we never ever hear this until they appear on Q.

I'm afraid I'm an old cynic, it has stood me well throughout my life, and it seems I'm rarely wrong, according to friends, but I don't think for one minute Ruth or others use products from QVC.

I also think she and Eamon must be raking it in, so if they're putting in the hours which I'm sure they are, good on them.

I'm just not taken in by the hype.

Well here's the thing with me. I like Eamon and Ruth, in fact I always tuned into the 6am Sky News purely because of him, I liked his style and his quips and comments. Since he left I think I've watch the 6am news once, it's just not the same. I do off and on watch This Morning but I'm not addicted to it by any stretch of the imagination, so I watched Ruth's first QVC show for about half an hour. In the run up, before during and since, I note that like others suddenly we hear how she and other celebs are so mad about QVC, now we never ever hear this until they appear on Q.

I'm afraid I'm an old cynic, it has stood me well throughout my life, and it seems I'm rarely wrong, according to friends, but I don't think for one minute Ruth or others use products from QVC.

I also think she and Eamon must be raking it in, so if they're putting in the hours which I'm sure they are, good on them.

I'm just not taken in by the hype.

I like Eamon and Ruth too. I like their sense of humour. I enjoy watching them on This Morning - although I don't watch as much these days. I prefer Eamon to Philip Schofield anyday. I did not watch Ruth's show as no-one can entice me to buy some of the awful offerings on QVC. Anything that mentions celebs is also a turn off for me.

I'm not a 'fan' of anyone on the tv to be honest. They are there to do a job and get paid a lot of money to do it. I sat in an office for many years getting a fraction of their earnings and had no 'fans', so I don't hero worship anyone. In fact, most of them give me the pip and talk inanely while trying to appear 'down to earth' - poppycock ! which is why the news channels are on in the mornings in my house.

Sky news has become unwatchable since they made changes .I wasn't a huge Eamonn fan but at least he gave a semblance of seriousness .Now its all talking heads and chit chat, a bit like Qs lunchtime show.....

Anyway I like Ruth and Eamonn together ,i think they make a good couple and she is in charge from what I have seen,

But neither of them could persaude me to buy anything from anywhere .Im just not celebrity driven thankfully.

I can only watch This Morning when Eammon and Ruth are on -can't stand the other two presenters. Ruth's also doing an infomercial for a juicer - must have getting some in practice in for QVC.

Latest posts

Back