Shay & Blue Perfume Collection TSV 11/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For me the most overrated perfume is dolce and gabanna Light Blue ....I try so hard to like it when I sample it but my eyes glaze over lol ....my faves are
ALIEN Absolue ...the only perfume that I keep spraying when I walk past in the shops it even though I own it ..it fades a bit but my goodness ...don't like the ordinary Alien doesn't suit me but this one is gorge ....I think ..and don't want to speak too soon ..it's my "holy grail " of perfumes ...the only one I would repurchase again and again
Flower bomb but only the eau de toilette ...( that sound so posh :mysmilie_17:)
Anything with coconut ..I am obsessed with coconut smells
My hubbys fave is Angel ...as long as I don't saturate myself in it ...quick tiny tiny spray .
Estée Lauder sensuous ...( slight coconut in it gorgeous )
Anybody got a desert island perfume ?
Oh I love this subject lol

my favourite vintage was diorella and y by ysl. still wear y as its cheap as chips and smells devine. but i do like miller harris perfumes she did a range for marks and spencer and i bought all of them. l'occitane did a neroli many many years ago that was beautiful and i like the newer neroli but it was not as fab imo

Oh Y!!! I was lucky and have the edp versions of it, bought the 50mls in store then it was discontinued with only the edt remaining. Then on Ebay I grabbed a 100mls at a great price.

Elegant glamorous chypre

Oh Y!!! I was lucky and have the edp versions of it, bought the 50mls in store then it was discontinued with only the edt remaining. Then on Ebay I grabbed a 100mls at a great price.

Elegant glamorous chypre

I loved Y as well, used to wear that and Nu and In Love Again by YSL before they yet again reformulated them - gorgeous smells, happy days.

If I could go back in the mists of time.....it would be Coty Chypre. I know I could still wear that on the desert island.

my favourite vintage was diorella and y by ysl. still wear y as its cheap as chips and smells devine. but i do like miller harris perfumes she did a range for marks and spencer and i bought all of them. l'occitane did a neroli many many years ago that was beautiful and i like the newer neroli but it was not as fab imo
Wow I had forgotten about Diorella. I too like Y but YSL. I liked Eau de Metal by Paco Rabanne but it is discontinued. I currently using Eau Pure by Biotherm, very fresh smell

Out of interest what is the opinion of those who are into their smellies, of the likes of Jo Malone who tell us we must "layer" their perfumes. Is this (as I suspect being cynical ) just a ploy to sell 3 bottles instead of one?

Out of interest what is the opinion of those who are into their smellies, of the likes of Jo Malone who tell us we must "layer" their perfumes. Is this (as I suspect being cynical ) just a ploy to sell 3 bottles instead of one?

Yeah I think that's because Jo Malone stuff has such poor sillage that you have to layer it on to get any kind of smell!

I do like the English Pear & Freesia and Wild Bluebell scents, but a lot of the other ones I've tried just disappear on me - not tried her actual range, Jo Loves if anyone on this forum can recommend?

I liked the M&S Harris ones too, smell great and certified cruelty free. I bought the men's ones too for my husband.

Just received mine. Very nicely boxed, looks classy and will make a nice gift. Had a teeny spritz of the Black Tulip, not my sort of fragrance at all, very fruity and strong on vanilla, but my friend will like it. Haven't tried the main fragrance yet, but suspect that will be more my type.
A little update on the Black Tulip now that it's been on a while. It actually grew on me a lot, once the top notes had worn off. It mellowed into a warm, deep, quite subtle chocolatey fragrance after an hour or so, and continues to improve (IMO) as it fades..

The thing with Jo Malone is they are actually Estee Lauder have been for over 10 years now.

I could never get on with the layering thing, on me all I got was the last one I sprayed on.

Now I do own a few, Myrrh & Tonka is my favourite.

Nu, smells lovely then hit my skin and just turned into pepper.

My TSV has just arrived a short while ago. I know what the Atropa Belladonna smells like so rushed to try the Black Tulip. LOVE IT!!!

On me, loads of rich plums almost like tobacco leaf or stewed prunes with chocolate. I am getting cyclamen but not sure about snowdrops as no idea what they smell like.

Lyn Harris has nothing to do with Miller Harris now she left the company. I have a few of the ones she did for M&S. Also Terra d'Iris and Fleur Oriental from the normal range.

The Miller Harris, Penhaligons,L'Artisan Parfumeur turn up in TKMaxx. I went on a binge last year with L'Artisan.

My TSV arrived today and I’ve tried the black tulip. I like it very much, not sure what it reminds me of but I’ve had it on for a few hours now and the scent is still as clear so I’m able to enjoy it unlike most perfumes that after half an hour or less I no longer can smell and enjoy it.

For anybody who may want to try truly French perfume then this brand are lovely. When the exchange rate was healthier I treated myself to the set of 12 samples and I loved them all except one, even the mens fragrances. I`ve never ordered a full sized perfume from them because as you`ll see the prices are quite steep and the exchange rate is dire at the moment but one day I will order my favourite one.
It was lovely to try them and they came beautifully wrapped. They aren`t widely available but I believe Liberty in London sell some of them. If you fancy a fragrance treat then the sample box is just the ticket.
http://www.divine.fr/accueil_en.php

My TSV arrived today and I’ve tried the black tulip. I like it very much, not sure what it reminds me of but I’ve had it on for a few hours now and the scent is still as clear so I’m able to enjoy it unlike most perfumes that after half an hour or less I no longer can smell and enjoy it.

I thought I had written this post for a minute. It reminds me of something too and has lasted for 4 hours. The Belladonna is very pleasant too.

For anybody who may want to try truly French perfume then this brand are lovely. When the exchange rate was healthier I treated myself to the set of 12 samples and I loved them all except one, even the mens fragrances. I`ve never ordered a full sized perfume from them because as you`ll see the prices are quite steep and the exchange rate is dire at the moment but one day I will order my favourite one.
It was lovely to try them and they came beautifully wrapped. They aren`t widely available but I believe Liberty in London sell some of them. If you fancy a fragrance treat then the sample box is just the ticket.
http://www.divine.fr/accueil_en.php

Oh Divine, beautiful perfume house. Very classic.

i was at a bus stop and this lady smelled like heaven. i had to ask her what she was wearing she said chanel 5 but not the perfume just the body lotion. thats class getting a body lotion that smelled better than most parfum

Latest posts

Back