Shay & Blue TSV 08/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I very rarely blind buy perfumes but I really fancied trying the Arpege several of you mentioned. It sounded right up my street. Anyway it arrived this morning and I love it. Just my cup of tea but as someone said you only need a light spritz of it. It`s a cold weather perfume IMO , too heavy for hot weather but the dry down is really nice.

FGS! You’ve all got ME interested in this ****** Arpege now! I am going to have to try it later if they have it in my local department store. They have quite a big perfume dept but is it rare so you have to buy online these days? How much should you look to pay?

Just tell me that and then stop recommending perfumes because I have terrible FOMO and am very weak!

FGS! You’ve all got ME interested in this ****** Arpege now! I am going to have to try it later if they have it in my local department store. They have quite a big perfume dept but is it rare so you have to buy online these days? How much should you look to pay?

Just tell me that and then stop recommending perfumes because I have terrible FOMO and am very weak!
Me too! I've already looked online!!🙄

Me too! I've already looked online!!🙄
Me too - still waiting for mine to arrive. I have no willpower 😖
I signed up to this forum for the truth and real, honest opinions on (obviously mostly QVC) items, thereby helping me not to spend money, believe it or not 🤣

To be fair, the stuff I have bought that I didn’t even know I wanted till I saw a recommendation here, I have been very happy with.

I completely forgot to pop in and try Arpege today but just looked at the notes online and don’t I think I am going to like it. White florals for a start and mention first of jasmine, neroli, ylang-ylang amongst the many listed on Fragrantica (it certainly sounds complex!). Hey, we’re all different. If I see it instore, I will have to sniff the nozzle rather than spray it on my skin.

Why is it that I don't think I've even heard of Arpege? I'm going to have to try and find it as hopefully the Jasmine will be the dominant scent as I don't like Neroli. My mother in law bought me a jasmine perfume before we were married, around 1978, and for all the perfumes I've worn since, I come back around to ones with mainly jasmine. I love my jasmine plants too and the scent is most definitely my favourite, with gardenia a very close second.

Jasmine on me goes weird high pitch screaming sickly. But, I can wear a perfume with it if, it is beaten down by say woody notes.

Neroli tries to strangle me. Yes, usually a top note which should blend down with the other notes. Not on me, it just gets stronger and stronger. Way back, talking to a Tom Ford SA about their perfume oil with neroli, she was going on about how she loved it but had to keep applying, and it just faded into her skin. I put one tiny drop on my hand and stood feet from her, and she could smell it clearly blasting on my skin. She was very shocked. I am fine with orange blossom as a note.

I have been wearing it all day its bought back some lovely memories and it lasts . Still a beautiful fragrance.

I bought 100ml for just over £30.00 as there was a small discount. And I put some more on as I am now in bed.

I got mine from the link below.

I got mine from the link below.
Brilliant price and free postage for 100ml. Cheaper than what I paid. Adorable smell. Feels comforting.

I was hoping for a Black Friday deal on a Shay & Blue bundle, better still on the new Dark Amber Pomegranate. Last year’s and/or the year before, they had at least one fantastic offer. But looking at the website, it’s all very disappointing and the bundles which aren’t especially cheap anyway, all contain pre-selected fragrances so you can’t choose or avoid ones you hate.

I had an email this morning promoting Dark Amber Pomegranate for Black Friday and I got all excited, only to see they are just promoting it as their “brand new Black Friday fragrance” …. at full price! What a joke! Since when was Black Friday a label for something that’s merely available at the time and not reduced in price? Of course, there might yet be reductions at the end of the week but I’m not holding my breath.

Off for a sulk meanwhile ….

I was hoping for a Black Friday deal on a Shay & Blue bundle, better still on the new Dark Amber Pomegranate. Last year’s and/or the year before, they had at least one fantastic offer. But looking at the website, it’s all very disappointing and the bundles which aren’t especially cheap anyway, all contain pre-selected fragrances so you can’t choose or avoid ones you hate.

I had an email this morning promoting Dark Amber Pomegranate for Black Friday and I got all excited, only to see they are just promoting it as their “brand new Black Friday fragrance” …. at full price! What a joke! Since when was Black Friday a label for something that’s merely available at the time and not reduced in price? Of course, there might yet be reductions at the end of the week but I’m not holding my breath.

Off for a sulk meanwhile ….
I agree but Black Friday now seems to be an excuse for a month long half assed discounts rather than decent offers on The Black Friday ( 24/11/23)

Latest posts

Back