Shopping channel funnies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
It's things like this that remind me why I enjoy watching the shopping channels so much

Quacker Factory hour....Blue velour tracksuit..........Very "Kate Middleton" isn't it?.....er no love!

What's the silliest statement you've heard a presenter or guest say?

Any demos of sound quality when you only hear the sound from your own TV speakers.

And similarly, demos of full HD TV picture quality when i am seeing it through their non-HD camera and on my non-HD TV.

"The phones are really busy, I would advise you use Qcut"

Said several times by Jill Franks selling magnetic net door curtains after midnight the other night.

I couldn't get through, even Qcut wasn't coping! :wonder:

"Buy one in each colour. See which one you prefer. You can always send it back"

haha All of the above!

One that really got me this morning, also during the Quacker hour was Jenny mentioning the "Kate Middleton" blue and then the wonderfully patronising statement that if you have old tracksuit bottoms you can bin them or give them to charity! If they're only fit to go in a bin why does she think that they'd be any good for a charity shop?

and one of my pet peeve comments, that you hear a lot - "Oh my word!".

Bose bugs me too. Do they never stop to consider that most people no longer live in detached houses and have neighbours to consider?

I may have misheard but I'm sure on the Quacker hour this morning the compared one of the fleeces to the Gucci quilted designs. I had it on in the background but I'm sure that's what the Quacker bird said. Bonkers!

I'm sure I spotted HD on one of their Canon cameras the other day, wonder how long it will be before that make use of that feature.

nice little top and you have the little sleeves with the little round neck, little ruffles and little sparkles, available in blue as well as the little yellow.

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The phrase "Our resident fashion expert, Glen Campbell" never fails to make me laugh :smirk:

Or how the models all swear by whichever skincare routine is currently on show, but more than a few of them have laugh lines that make the Marianas Trench look like a crack in a pavement :tongue:

The phrase "Our resident fashion expert, Glen Campbell" never fails to make me laugh :smirk:

Or how the models all swear by whichever skincare routine is currently on show, but more than a few of them have laugh lines that make the Marianas Trench look like a crack in a pavement :tongue:

Oh Yes!! Our Tania must be the best actress ever. On Decleor days, her skin looks red raw at times. She also has one of their lip balms everywhere, car, house, pocket etc. She is always there for the Gale Hayman shows (in the animal print scarf) and that is the best thing ever. Funnily enough, she also has their lip lift in the car, house pocket!

I love seeing how the models are "styled" on the fashion hours. Some of the accessories are so laughable, and I've heard guests comment that they wouldn't have styled a garment like that. (My brother wears some dubious combos but he has an excuse - he's colour-blind !)

Linda xx

"Dress it up, dress it down...."

"Wear it with a classic white shirt ... a little pump shoe.."

"We've got a bit of a nautical theme going on here..."

"Navy is the new black ..."

All this from half-mast Harry!

Latest posts

Back