Should Men Sell Fashion?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Should men present fashion and beauty?

• No, I prefer female presenters for these shows

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Yes, let the men do it, theyre just as capable.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I dont care.

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very much enjoying Simon showing how to make three pairs of sandals out of one.

A visit back to DIY school Mr B is in order love :muscle:

Bet that slap on his hand hurt :giggle:

:coffee:

I am not that bothered who presents the fashion, just as long as they give the measurements as soon as poss. BTW did anyone else hear Pipa say that later this year all the different fashions on qvc will have the 10/12/14 sizing... it can't happen too soon for me.

I think the men are better as they tend not to get so hung up on the colours but give more "technical info" straight away on things like sizes.

I prefer female presenters for the fashion and beauty to be honest, but like the combo of a female qvc presenter and a male fashion designer / beauty product guest - gives a good balance.

Why not? If someone suggested that women should not sell DIY stuff people would be saying that it was a sexist statement.

The problem is that Charlie's too creepy; Glen's got as much fashion knowledge as I do about brain surgery; Dale and Craig are too insincere; Mic(h)ael is like a chipmunk on bad acid; and Simon makes shirts out of sheets.

Which one can you honestly take seriously?

The problem is that Charlie's too creepy; Glen's got as much fashion knowledge as I do about brain surgery; Dale and Craig are too insincere; Mic(h)ael is like a chipmunk on bad acid; and Simon makes shirts out of sheets.

Which one can you honestly take seriously?

um, julian??

*ducking*

the clothes are frequently beyond vile, way too much American polyester tat, I watch for the laugh and to see them feigning rapture as some monstrosity is paraded as cutting edge fashion. Of course men can present fashion if they know what they are talking about, thing is with QVC they are there to sell first rather than to inform, hence the fake delight in any and every garment.

I dont have a problem with guys doing fashion but they need to know what they are talking about, the male presenters on Q have either no knowledge or as other folk on here have said, just plain creepy!

I am not that bothered who presents the fashion, just as long as they give the measurements as soon as poss. BTW did anyone else hear Pipa say that later this year all the different fashions on qvc will have the 10/12/14 sizing... it can't happen too soon for me.

Funny you should mention the sizing issue.

I can't recall which presenter commented to Glen, though it could well have been DebbieF in an Eastern Spirit show.
He really did get on his soap box and was quite vocal saying sizing won't work correctly, until the goverment bring in size measurement standardisation for all clothing ranges.

I do know in the Eastern Spirit show Debbie Flint on with Glen made a comment along
the lines of, well if your 14-16 in M&S you'll be size ........ in this range.
Which is all well and good if all M&S size 14-16 fit alike and all Eastern Spirit do likewise.
Which also applies when they do change over the sizing names, later in the year then.

I recall the Tiana B sizing change just recently there was a mention of inconsistency and the sizing not being the same as the high street.

Though as you say all boils down to the presenters giving out correct size measurements and advise on how the garment is designed to fit.
Once bought a top in two sizes off the web site before they aired, when they arrived each were smaller by 8-12 inches.
Rang CS to be told measurements are aprox :cheeky:- that didn't get them out of sending a return label.
I informed them that I thought the top would be featured on air in an adertised show and it would be good idea to check the measurements before hand.
I left a review stating just what had happened, needless to say when Claire showed the garment, she read out the too smaller incorrect measurements.

Having said that I've read reviews on certain a maxi dresses were buyers have left comments who were of model height, saying their dresses were being sent back cause not maxi length on them.
Well the length is stated and you could clearly see on the models the dresses were shorter than maxi on them.

Latest posts

Back