Skin S.O.S advice please!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grohl_lover

Registered Shopper
Hi i'm a dedicated liz earle user but in the last couple of months i've found my skin has become awful it feels congested and is very bumpy especially around my forehead and chin i'm in my early 20's so expect the odd spots but i cant seem to get my skin to behave im struggling with blackheads and i know my skin is clean as im using the cleanse and polish, toner and moisturiser twice a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be best to try i've heard philosophy is good but not sure where to start. any advice appreciated.
Thanks L.

I carnt use Liz Earle for them same reasons my skin just doesnt like it
How long have you used it for ?
Sorry carnt help with anyhitg else x

I like Liz Earle stuff, but I find I can't use it all the time, or my skin feels the same.

The Philosophy might be worth ago. I would say the simpler you can keep your regime the better. Perhaps just try the Purity Cleanser (it's a wash off one you can take all your make up off with, as you did the Liz Earle) and the Hope in a Jar Moisturiser as it's nice and light.

I would stay away from the heavier anti ageing ranges like Gatineau though. Although you might get on well with some Decleor too, as I believe they do a wash off cleanser for combination skin.

But the Philosophy sounds like the best plan to me. Good luck!:41:

sounds similar to how mine has been. i started using Alpha H Liquid Harmony recently & this seems to be helping. i was using it every other night, but have dropped down to once or twice a week as it was making my skin a bit dry.

i'm sure one of our many skin experts will be along soon to give you some more advice.

p.s. i assume by your name we'll be fighting over the wonderful Dave! :32: ;)

decleor oils ?:33:

t call ali young? have to sau le gave me the same probs not sure if i can say how i cured it on a qvc forum, but here goes, btw i have dry skin so might not help you grohl clarins blue orchid facial oil topped with waitrose baby bottom butter

You could try the Active Eclat range from Gatineau - this is supposed to give your skin a radiance - I have just received some in the last tsv but havent tried it yet but it smells lovely - the reviews on the qvc site are good. I think this has taken over from the laser range which I used to love when I was younger. Now I am 'over 40' I use the defi-lift because I need all the lifting I can get!!!! I personally think gatineau suits my skin and think that because I have looked after it, mainly using gatineau, I do use the LE cleanse and polish, it is not bad for my age. But I think you need to start looking after it when you are young.

You will probably find on here that most people will have their favourites so you will get lots of differing advice. The best thing to do is to order some starter sets from qvc and try them for 30 days then send back if they don't work. If you try sets from a store you are stuck with it if it is carp.
:r2:

It might be worth trying Decleor baume essential at night. It clears up my spots as I still get acne and blackheads at 40, especially around my jawline. Alison often recommends it.

Get it from QVC and use the 30 day moneyback guarantee just in case it doesn't help.

Dont Tell Allison Young But......

If my skin plays up I rebalance it by going back to my old cleansing regime of Neutrogena Visibly Clear Wipes (in the orange pack) just for cleansing. I know AY practically explodes with anger at the very mention of them but they exfoliate and cleanse well and dont adversly affect my skin so long as I use a good toner and moisturiser. Wouldnt use them round my eyes though.

Dont completely dismiss high street brands, the advice given by someone on here of keeping it simple is great advice.

Try steaming your face as well, you know, the old head-under-a-towel-over-a-bowl-of-boiling-water trick. And drink plenty of water.

Dont worry, you will soon be looking glorious for Christmas.

Bet

I'm 25

Hey there,

I hope this helps. I've tried everthing QVC has to offer and I have settled by taking the best of every brand. You mentioned Philosophy, I think the best value kit is item number 224207. It has full sizes and everything you need to get started. I guess the only thing you can add inbetween, if you want is a Decleor Aromessence, use the decleor oil before the philosophy serum.

I tried Liz Earle, and I think the textures lend itself to a dry skin type.

Decleor is a great problem solver and a complete range. Philosophy is fun and serious at the same time, fresh skincare for any age.

Elemis/Gatineau are great to slot the odd thing in, like eye cream/spot treatment/mask.

Anyway, I wont waffle too much (already have I know!) All the best xx

P.S. I am really passionate about skinacre

Last edited:
The change in your skin could be hormonal, do you exfoliate apart from C&P?
Do you use the LE light moisturiser? How often do you wash your muslin cloths?
Sorry for all the questions but it does help to give you the best advice

You could try something anit-bacterial like Australian Bodycare.

I love LE products but have combination skin and also use Gatineau Almond Cleanser and Nastirium Toner which I love

liz earle is great but maybe as it is a cream it may not give you a really deep down cleanse that say philosphy puriyt will.i would be carefull about exfoliating if you have breakouts as this can over stimulate the skin. exfoliate only whe breakouts have healed. skin that breakout is actually a sensitive skin.
the blackheads can be caused by smoking so bear this in mind if you do. if you can skip the moisturiser at night use oil free where possible.
my favourite product for my oily hormonal breakout skin is decleor ylang ylang. this saved my life.
also be careful of pcmc by elemis this has a light texture but really can cause havock if your skin is quite oily anyway.good luck.qvc is good asyou can try before you buy

Your skin sounds very unhappy! :( I should try using Elemis sensitive cleansing wash & SOS cream for a while. This is what AY always recommends for upset skin & in my own experience I'm inclined to agree with her. Hopefully it's a short term problem that a course of this will sort out. You could try either of these kits & see how you feel when you're done with them.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.224115/walk.yah.UKHB-U074

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223790/walk.yah.UKHB-U074

The suggestion of using Ylang Ylang balm & oil from Decleor long term is also a very good one. Meanwhile, whatever you choose to do I should lay off the cleanse & polishing for a while! Over stimulating your skin when it's in a bad mood probably isn't a good idea...

I hope that's helpful!:)

I think LE is a good range but that it is good to change now and again because we probably get used to products and maybe they do not work as well.

Keep it as simple as possible. Try a QVC range aimed at younger skins - maybe Philosophy. You can then send it back if it does not suit.

Take comfort in that the answer might just lie in your age. Hormones and having a life are probably the reason!

Hi i'm a dedicated liz earle user but in the last couple of months i've found my skin has become awful it feels congested and is very bumpy especially around my forehead and chin i'm in my early 20's so expect the odd spots but i cant seem to get my skin to behave im struggling with blackheads and i know my skin is clean as im using the cleanse and polish, toner and moisturiser twice a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be best to try i've heard philosophy is good but not sure where to start. any advice appreciated.
Thanks L.

Like you I was a dedicated Liz Earle user for years and then I started experiencing the same problems. I changed over to Philosophy and my skin has never looked better. I rarely get any spots when I always had one or two (even though that was still better than what I had pre Liz Earle use) before. I use Purity at night and The Great Mystery in the morning (good kit to try would be 223197). Alison Young would recoil in horror, but I very rarely use a moisturiser as I've yet to find one that I can use everyday without my skin becoming greasy. If I do need one I just use a really light one from Simple!

I agree with Bluebell, first thing I thought was hormonal.

Are you on the pill or changed brands lately? Sorry for personal question.

I would suggest Elemis Sensitive Skin Wash which is brilliant, very gentle and smells gorgeous. Try to get some Elemis SOS skin balm, trouble is the price on is outrageous used to be £26 now £47!!!! Before investing in such big money look at 15ml size, the texture is rather thick balm like but is especially for hormonal upset skin. Another item is Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair mask, it is cleaning but soothing for the skin. I actually use in on Roseaca spots when the come up and it makes them disappear over night. You can actually dab a tiny amount on each spot and leave on.

Here is a kit you could try http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/walk.yah.UKHB~U013

Last edited:
try the decleor ylany ylang oil i use it on my skin, it doesnt cure everything but certainly helps but is quite pricy but lasts a long time ive also just started to try the decleor toner for oily skin some one recomended it to me for blackheads, some one else said keep it simple thats the best advise i had if i overload my skin it breaks out terrible

The change in your skin could be hormonal, do you exfoliate apart from C&P?
Do you use the LE light moisturiser? How often do you wash your muslin cloths?
Sorry for all the questions but it does help to give you the best advice

You could try something anit-bacterial like Australian Bodycare.

I love LE products but have combination skin and also use Gatineau Almond Cleanser and Nastirium Toner which I love

ive been using the liz earle exfoliator once or twice a week and i did try the deep cleansing mask that she does but the mask made my skin bright red and itchy for a good couple of hours after use

I agree with Bluebell, first thing I thought was hormonal.

Are you on the pill or changed brands lately? Sorry for personal question.

I would suggest Elemis Sensitive Skin Wash which is brilliant, very gentle and smells gorgeous. Try to get some Elemis SOS skin balm, trouble is the price on is outrageous used to be £26 now £47!!!! Before investing in such big money look at 15ml size, the texture is rather thick balm like but is especially for hormonal upset skin. Another item is Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair mask, it is cleaning but soothing for the skin. I actually use in on Roseaca spots when the come up and it makes them disappear over night. You can actually dab a tiny amount on each spot and leave on.

Here is a kit you could try http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/walk.yah.UKHB~U013

No not on the pill. Ive tried to work out if theres anything ive changed with reference to my skin and theres nothing i can think of.

Latest posts

Back