Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights or Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick? Or neither!!!

Miriam

VIP Shopper
Ok, I already have this:

Pout Shimmer Swirls in both colours! But sometimes they are a little bit crazy for my fair skin - you know they look a bit much!

Quite like the idea of a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.222526/walk.yah.UKHB-U073
But is it a bit pricey for what it is? Doesn't look as though it comes with a brush!

Or there's this one - from Smashbox
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223836
This is cheaper and comes with a brush! Hurrah!

Really hoping that someone here has some kind of opinion! I'm really looking for something which is going to look natural. Not too made up if you see what I mean!

Any help really appreciated!

Thank you very much!

:)

angiebabe1

VIP Shopper
Not tried bobby brown, but the fusions are good, I think getting the right colour to suite you might be the key, jayne our very own O.B.E. might be the best to advise you, she is a sponsor and the proprietor of JUST BEAUTY DIRECT, pm her she might be able to help.

Gorgeous Jemima

Purrr-fectly Gorgeous
The smashbox is great & the brushes are fab but I would always go for the Bobbi Brown to be honest - they give a lovely glow but are probably a bit more shimmery than the smashbox

( I use my smashbox brushes with my Bobbi Brown !!)

xxx

EmJ

VIP Shopper
I have both and love both but have to say that I ALWAYS go back to the Bobbi Brown in the end - it's fab. I'm fair skinned and love the 'Rose' brick!

Em xXx

donna255

VIP Shopper
Smashbox is a bit more understated and not so shimmery as the BB ones.

Tia

milk in our tea
Have to agree with Donna, I have both BB and SB and I love the rose BB shimmerbrick, but it is more shimmery and I prefer it to use it for evenings out. You can use it in the day but you will have to build it up slowly to avoid turning out into a christmas cracker lol
I have a few SB softlights sets, and they are perfect for daywear, it is difficult to overdo it IYKWIM. I also suggest to contact Jayne who will recommend the most suitable colour for your skintone

Last edited:

Clare

addicted to Buxom!
Of the 2 my vote would be for Smashbox, BB can be a bit shimmery on me so prefer the understated glow from SB :)

Snuffles

VIP Shopper
I don't have any BB - but the SB fusions are good - I got mine from JBD. I can't fault Jayne's site in any way - it's top notch!

sillysausage

VIP Shopper
Oh dear, this thread it's terrible! It had never occurred to be before I started reading it, but now I feel I absolutely NEED both the SB andthe BB bricks (SB for daywear, BB for eveningwear, you see). Must get away from the computer to avoid complete bankruptcy!:eek: But Miriam, please do let us know if you decide to try either of them and what your thoughts are...

Oops-a-daisy!

I've done it again!
Sorry Miriam - you do need both.:D The BB Shimmerbrick in Rose in my absolute favourite, but like others, wear the Smashbox during the day. Good Luck deciding! :)

Miriam

VIP Shopper
Gordon Bennet! You lot a nighmare!

I don't need both I don't need both I don't need both!

I've been looking on the Just Beauty Direct website and there is a much wider range of colours to choose from in the smashbox. Oh dear.

The pout ones I have are quite shimmery already, but are they as nice as the bobbi brown?

Oh and I tried to thank everyone - but it won't let me, so please consider yourself thanked!

Still in a state of indecision though!

sillysausage

VIP Shopper

I've been looking on the Just Beauty Direct website and there is a much wider range of colours to choose from in the smashbox. Oh dear.

The pout ones I have are quite shimmery already, but are they as nice as the bobbi brown?

Oh and I tried to thank everyone - but it won't let me, so please consider yourself thanked!

Miriam, there is only one way of finding out... get the BB brick and compare them!:p

sillysausage

VIP Shopper
Sillysausage, have you seen the state of my bank balance?!

Oh I can feel myself weakening!:rolleyes:
No, but I am very familiar with the notion of a bank balance unable to cope with impulsive/compulsive spending on cosmetics... So, I can relate to your situation... Oh dear, I can feel the urge to buy too, it's catching!:eek:

Just Beauty Direct

For all your beauty needs

You won't be a bit surprised that I love them Miriam. I vary them depending on what I am after. At the moment I using the bottom of the shockwave palette as I am using the eye colours every day - but I use that more as a radiance blush/highlighter than an all over glow.

The Glambox is simply beautiful - I think Clare on here did one of the reviews and it really is the softest, most natural sheen to the skin. I also love the Blushing pink.

None of those options are a bronzing tint though - and all of them are on the natural rather than high shimmer side.

Intermix is a fabulous shimmer bronzer - still on the natural side and it was the first bronazer ever that didn't make my skin look dirty. Starburst / Sunset Fusion / Dusk are all golden bronze shimmers -the difference really is in the amount of shimmer and tint. Dawn is a lovely matte bronzing fusion - I wear this a lot in the day - and they have two new single colour bronzers in the softlights - sunkissed and suntanned.

SMashbox do the natural radiance look really well in my opinion. I have a SHimmerbrick in apricot and in rose and I get a different look from them - definitely more shimmer (more of a silvery glow) - but very pretty.

I don't know what your particular skintone or your desired outcome is - so let me know and HTH further (although we are off out for lunch now)

Fraggle

VIP Shopper
Sorry Miriam but I have and love both too :p

I am very fair and use the BB Rose shimmerbrick for evening wear and the Smashbox fusions for the daytime.

Miriam

VIP Shopper
Thank you all very much for all your replies.
Justbeautydirect, I love the look of that fusion in blushing pink! It looks lovely!
Looks as though that might well be just what I'm after!
Now do I go for a shimmerbrick as well for evening wear? Well what's a girl to do?

Clare

addicted to Buxom!
The Glambox is simply beautiful - I think Clare on here did one of the reviews and it really is the softest, most natural sheen to the skin. I also love the Blushing pink.
The Glambox is gorgeous, I would highly recommend that the compact is brill too and my other fave is the Sunset fusion one I use for my holidays :)

donna255

VIP Shopper
Oh Glambox is fabulous. I love the half moon brush soft as a feather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertN

Members online

AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks