Smashbox TSV - Wed 11th November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Wish Eye Palettes are up in Debenhams Belfast, and they cost £40!!!

I was not impressed to be honest when I saw them in real life. Don't know, I think the quality is not as good with Smashbox palettes made in China. The individual items, eyeshadows etc are brilliant as usual.

My tsv came this morning too. Love the blush colour and the eyeliner. Havent tried it all yet so can't comment on it all - but overall nice.

Again excellent delivery by QVC - thumbs up for a change!

What exactly is premium delivery? Is it next day delivery or what? (whatever it is, it is obviously pants! Hope you get your TSV soon, Lady Tia!)

Hello = thank you :) You pay the princly some of P+P plus another £3.00 or so £6.34 in total i think it was and its supposed to be sent royal mail special delviery within threeworking days!!!!

I've used it before and it didn't work then either - should have learned my lesson - I think other peeps who went for regular delivery which is RM 2nd class go their quicker i just don't understand it.

£50 was the price. They were down to single figures of the Perfect Palette sets when I went to Oxford St today.

That sounds quite a lot - it is only $59 on the Smashbox website which at the current exchange rate is about £36. Even if you add a bit on for shipping them to the UK. Obviously Debenhams is making some money here!

That sounds quite a lot - it is only $59 on the Smashbox website which at the current exchange rate is about £36. Even if you add a bit on for shipping them to the UK. Obviously Debenhams is making some money here!

You have a point Rosey, but when you factor in shipping and customs charges then it all adds up.

I bought it as a pressie for a friend and I managed to meet Daniel Chavez and get him to sign something for her too, in between all his make-up mastery during the organised demos. She'll be wowed, so it's worth it in my book.

My tsv came this morning too. Love the blush colour and the eyeliner. Havent tried it all yet so can't comment on it all - but overall nice.

Again excellent delivery by QVC - thumbs up for a change!

I've used my eyeliner with a thin brush and it's great - I thought it looked too much on the demonstrations, plus someone on here said the finish isn't as good from the flat palette as the pot (which may explain why Nina looked a bit heavy handed at times). Have you used the face powder yet? I am loving it!! Give a great dewy look to your skin without you being shiny - and I am loving the lip colour too. All in all a great kit I think.

Hello = thank you :) You pay the princly some of P+P plus another £3.00 or so £6.34 in total i think it was and its supposed to be sent royal mail special delviery within threeworking days!!!!

I've used it before and it didn't work then either - should have learned my lesson - I think other peeps who went for regular delivery which is RM 2nd class go their quicker i just don't understand it.

Can you ask for a refund? That is terrible! As its SD, did they give you a tracking number? If so, you might be able to see if its been shipped yet / where it is. Usually it takes at least 7 days for my stuff to arrive but for some reason this turned up v. quickly.

Fingers crossed you get it today!
xxx

I agree with Cupcake, LT, you certainly are owed a refund, I should think!!!

Well- got mine this morning & for the first time EVER the jury is out!

Firstly, got to say... the DNA mascara is FANTASTIC!!! OMG - what a brush!
However, not sure about the rest...

Lip Tech - very drying (and I don't have dry lips ever!) & the silicone applicator is pointless.

Shadowliner - the 'champagne' colour is nice but the slate grey is not dissimilar to the other shadow liners offered previously (e.d. fan club, etc) - it looked lighter & more 'silvery' on the demos but in real life it's darker.

Blusher - it's ok but nothing spectacluar - it's just a blusher.

Powder - TBH, I cannot tell if this works or not. I used it over Halo & my skin looked no different, on both matt & glow settings!

I will persevere for a couple of days but if I still feel the same, it's going back!
I will just purchase some DNA seperately...

Oh well - first time for everything I suppose...

i cant see any diference when im useing the high def powder either!maybe im putting it on wrong, how i dont no though!and boy isnt the brush hard and scratchy i cant out in anywhere near my eyes

I taped the brush into my hand the first time I used it to make sure the powder was coming out (you should see a white dot in the middle). I think its like halo - at first you don't really see much, then it seems to develop.

Just posted the following post in the JBD forum section. But since I know the big palette was discussed earlier in this thread, I thought I'd put it here too in case someone's intrested...

I'm soooo happy as I managed to get the mega palette "Wish For The Perfect Palette" from Smashbox/Debenhams yesterday for £45. Yay!!

I'm attaching a few photos for those who are interested. Apologies for the bad photo quality, because of the shine of the box it was really hard to take photos without glare/refections. The photos really does not do it justice at all. It's the most AMAZING colours, a lot of them with very pretty shimmery effects :)

DSCF3970Custom.jpg

DSCF3971Custom.jpg

DSCF3974Custom.jpg

DSCF3977Custom.jpg

Lovely, enjoy you big palette Anso.

As I said Belfast only got 10 and I believe it was members of staff who prebooked them. As the Shiseido sa opened her drawer and I spotted it in there. She was giving me samples by the way.

Just posted the following post in the JBD forum section. But since I know the big palette was discussed earlier in this thread, I thought I'd put it here too in case someone's intrested...

I'm soooo happy as I managed to get the mega palette "Wish For The Perfect Palette" from Smashbox/Debenhams yesterday for £45. Yay!!

I'm attaching a few photos for those who are interested. Apologies for the bad photo quality, because of the shine of the box it was really hard to take photos without glare/refections. The photos really does not do it justice at all. It's the most AMAZING colours, a lot of them with very pretty shimmery effects :)

DSCF3970Custom.jpg

DSCF3971Custom.jpg

DSCF3974Custom.jpg

DSCF3977Custom.jpg

DROOLING it looks amazing

I see that the Smashbox tsv has been getting some very poor reviews on qvc.. Makes you wonder how many reviews didn't make it online!
Also, many people were mentioning the quality of the brush included.. If a tsv takes ages to prepare, surely qvc noticed that the brush wasn't good quality? Why didn't they say, 'this brush is too scratchy, our customers won't be happy with it".. But no they didn't..
Just makes you wonder how much thought really goes into certain tsv's.. :thinking2:

Hi Anso,

Can you let em know what you think of the quality of the eyeshadows in the Mega Palette? I know quite a few people on MUA have said that they're quite chalky and not as good as those in last years palette. I happen to really like last years one, just wondered if these were as nice, so many lovely colours!!

And now that the LG TSV looks crap, I might have to go for one of these instead...

Tx

Hi Anso,

Can you let em know what you think of the quality of the eyeshadows in the Mega Palette? I know quite a few people on MUA have said that they're quite chalky and not as good as those in last years palette. I happen to really like last years one, just wondered if these were as nice, so many lovely colours!!

And now that the LG TSV looks crap, I might have to go for one of these instead...

Tx

I'm afraid I can't as I have not tried them yet. (I've recently gone through eye surgery and I'm on lots of eye drops/medication at the moment so I'm not allowed to use makeup yet) So I'm very sorry that I can't help with how they feel on the eyes. :( I can only sit and admire mine at the moment and all I can say is that it's VERY pretty colours :)

Hopefully someone else will come along, who's bought it, who can help you with that... :)

Very sorry again that I could not help.

Latest posts

Back