Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Get the cult round now!!!! She must have made a dodgy batch of the Koolaid!:mysmilie_13:

Er, I thought she was the admin on a LG group on Facebook and you had to worship at the alter of LG to be allowed in?

As for the Julian McDonald mirror, its magic of course. You look into it and ask "Mirror Mirror, made by the totally wonderful *Julian McDonald who hates women of normal size. Who is the fairest of them all?" The answer will be,"You(but whispered quietly Julian)"

* He was a judge on Britian's Top Model and said a size 8 or was it 6? 5' 10" girl she was too heavy to be a model. The other judges where shocked.

Shocker! Sharon Harvay has tried the LG TSV and doesn't like the lipstick!!! Needless to say everything else is perfect & wonderful etc. Must be nice getting an absolute shitload of free stuff just for continually saying its amazing!! Cannot understand how anyone would take her reviews seriously but QVC must think it's worth it!!

I think QVC bank on the fact not many people know she's Debbie Flints best friend, that's QVC for you though deceitful as always.

Get the cult round now!!!! She must have made a dodgy batch of the Koolaid!:mysmilie_13:

Er, I thought she was the admin on a LG group on Facebook and you had to worship at the alter of LG to be allowed in?

As for the Julian McDonald mirror, its magic of course. You look into it and ask "Mirror Mirror, made by the totally wonderful *Julian McDonald who hates women of normal size. Who is the fairest of them all?" The answer will be,"You(but whispered quietly Julian)"

* He was a judge on Britian's Top Model and said a size 8 or was it 6? 5' 10" girl she was too heavy to be a model. The other judges where shocked.

Yes JM is one big ball of contradiction, he says he loves animals yet kills them to put on a classless woman's back, he only likes stick thin woman yet doesn't mind selling his wares on QVC to any sized woman, he's a hypocrite. I seen that episode of Britains Next Top Model and was disgusted especially when she ran out crying afterwards thinking she was fat.

I'm not on Facebook but, since this thread started, I've looked at the QVC FB page as a visitor. I can't understand the mentality of those who ask the same questions that others have already asked, e.g. about Birkenstocks. They obviously don't scroll back to see what's been posted previously and it would appear that they have no phone because a quick call to CS would answer their question. They probably think that posting online will "up their street cred" but some of the stupid questions and comments only make them look moronic. If they joined this forum they'd be far better informed about TSVs and discontinued lines.

The one positive thing is that quite a few 'visitors' have commented on how often DF mentions that retreat and now she's carping on about her daughter's forthcoming wedding. I'm afraid that when DF is presenting, I change channels so she's singlehandedly saved me a fortune. Hopefully the 'powers that be' might spot those posts and, instead of giving a generic answer and adding kisses, they'll tell her to do the job she's paid to do instead of advertising her offline life.

No she isn't admin on that group!

I'm not on Facebook but, since this thread started, I've looked at the QVC FB page as a visitor. I can't understand the mentality of those who ask the same questions that others have already asked, e.g. about Birkenstocks. They obviously don't scroll back to see what's been posted previously and it would appear that they have no phone because a quick call to CS would answer their question. They probably think that posting online will "up their street cred" but some of the stupid questions and comments only make them look moronic. If they joined this forum they'd be far better informed about TSVs and discontinued lines.
I wouldn't expect someone to scroll back through days of posts to see if someone had asked the same question. Maybe they don't want to join a forum or aren't aware of it. I don't see what's wrong with someone asking a question like that but that's just my opinion.

I wasn't implying that they should trawl through days of posts, but on a couple of occasions the same question has been asked within a few posts. And they could always ring CS to find out whether a brand has been discontinued or not.

Also quite a few of the visitor posts have comments added to them by other posters. I can't access their replies but I would hope that others answer their questions.

I wasn't implying that they should trawl through days of posts, but on a couple of occasions the same question has been asked within a few posts. And they could always ring CS to find out whether a brand has been discontinued or not.

Also quite a few of the visitor posts have comments added to them by other posters. I can't access their replies but I would hope that others answer their questions.

Yes I agree that asking the same question within a few posts does make you wonder how they don't realise someone else has already asked. Generally replies to the posts from other customers do answer the question before QVC get round to answering!

And Birkenstocks when is it on has come back yet again.

Someone suggested to stop the repeating of the same question they actually inform customers the brand is no longer sold by QVC.

And Birkenstocks when is it on has come back yet again.

Someone suggested to stop the repeating of the same question they actually inform customers the brand is no longer sold by QVC.

Much as I'm loathe to stick up for Q, if they put it in big capitals everywhere they could possibly think of that certain brands were being discontinued, there would still be enough dimwits asking the question as they hadn't bothered reading the message - it's a no win situation for Q I reckon, but it is weird that suddenly every b*gger is asking about Birkenstocks!

No she isn't admin on that group!

She's Admin on nearly every other Fakebook & Blogging Group! How she finds time to breathe god only knows! Find it all rather FAKE as everything is wonderful, tremendous and gorgeous! Take your Rose Tinted Glasses Off Dahling! :mysmilie_866::mysmilie_866:

So yesterday one reasonably newbie(only ordered a few times going by the post), tried to order the LG TVS and found her account suspended. She is shocked and no idea why this has happened. She did phone CS and told they couldn't help as her account had been passed to Finance which close at the weekend. Binlids leaping in saying QVC do that sometimes its a security thing, Admin did the usual telling her to email CS.

Strangely I have been shopping with QVC since 1997 and never had a security check. Anyone else? Think this will turn out to be the usual QVC balls up. Oh she only found out at checkout the order would not go through. Another said that is when she found out when it happened to her, is said account suspended. She didn't tell the reason QVC gave for it.

Isn't it strange how other places we shop with don't tend to suspend our accounts?It's the kind of thing only a bank,building society or somewhere holding very personal or security sensitive information would need to do if either we,or they felt security was compromised. Q is a ****** shop and as such you would think they would WANT customers.Still this is Q -a law unto itself.Personally ,I would tell them to get stuffed.

I too have been a very loyal Customer for over 20 years and never had any account suspended!

Certainly don't purchase as much now, as the stash drawer is now SHUT and I've come to my senses! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Oh a random, Bring Back Smashbox yesterday. No chance since Estee Lauder now own it.

Excuse my ignorance on this, but is it a known Estée Lauder policy not to have their products on QVC? Or is it just noticeable that brands leave QVC when taken over by Estée Lauder?

I've said this before but just wanted to say again how annoying I find it that QVC have so many competitions that can only be entered by people with a Facebook account. Very exclusionary! It really winds me up but then again, I don't care enough to join Facebook or "like" their daft FB page so I can win some collection that presumably DF's best buddy didn't want (otherwise it wouldn't be available to a competition winner!).

Excuse my ignorance on this, but is it a known Estée Lauder policy not to have their products on QVC? Or is it just noticeable that brands leave QVC when taken over by Estée Lauder?

usually they like to pull them as they dont like them selling on Q except for bobbi brown

Will be interesting to see if Becca stay now that they are EL!

Aveda was the first bought by Estee Lauder way back next thing pulled from QVC. I remember the SA at my Aveda counter telling customers it would be going from QVC well before it happened.

Ojon, Smashbox both bought by Lauder and bang gone from QVC.

Becca will be interesting as Sazza says, so many problems with the TSV to start with. First it was auto delivery and people ordered early with that, then on the day of the TSV no AD mentioned at all. Also big problems with the shades of foundation and quite a few returned because of that. I have visions of the brand just quietly disappearing from QVC as the other brands did.

Bobbi Brown is a strange one, it was already owned by Lauder when it first appeared on QVC, but apart from the odd value kit every thing else is the same price as buying from their own site or a counter.

Latest posts

Back