Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just tried to register with Morrisons but it failed to accept me! Maybe volume if traffic or some issue with the iPad? Anyway they probably haven't got any slots or goods I want in stock. I also amazed myself by actually checking out the deliveroo site! But that would prove a costly option I think, and hopefully I would never need it.

I remembered that Q used to sell loo rolls, from that firm who make a donation from their profits to a scheme for proper loos in poor countries. Who gives a crap is the company and they have sold out as well!

I have a delivery from Morrisons for 1/4 made at the weekend it will be interesting to see what I get! I have just returned from my local Booths ( Waitrose of the North) very civilised plenty of stock, well for what I needed.Of course it is more expensive but in this situation I am prepared to pay & can fortunately afford that bit extra.I think I saw someone with Toilet Rolls!Thank goodness when there was some doubt about their future some time ago they survived, staff are lovely too.

I have been feeling miserable today. Self isolated. Months before I can see my grandchildren. This helped:

Smiling is infectious,

you catch it like the flu,

When someone smiled at me today,

I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner

and someone saw my grin.

When he smiled I realized,

I’d passed it onto him.

I thought about that smile,

then I realized it’s worth.

A single smile, just like mine

could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin,

don’t leave it undetected.

Let’s start an epidemic quick,

and get the world infected!

Author Unknown

And so did this:

~• And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently. And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal. And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed. Author: Kitty O'Meara

Last edited:
On the beauty channel last night I caught an hour of Clean Hands! Now some from Xmas as a tree in the background and I thought I bet these have all been taken from various beauty hours just to have an hour of clean hands as the title. You can bet they never ever had an hour of just clean hands before.

Sainsbury is now only allowing 3 per person of the most popular items of food and toilets rolls. The first hour of shopping will be for the elderly and vulnerable starting on Thursday, not sure if it will only be every Thursday?
Doesn't help me though as I shop for my mum. Wonder how it is policed?

I am going into full rant mode and may drop the F-bomb!

So 85-year-old aunt has a chest infection and unwell for the past 3 weeks heavy cold. Had an appointment with the doctor phoned up on Monday told to cancel it and not come into the surgery. The doctor too busy to speak to her over the phone and told to ring on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday 17th is saint paddy's day they are closed! I got her to phone the after-hours doctor and he did phone back, so this morning I rang to see how she was? They had left her a prescription for an inhaler but she had no way of getting to the after-hours surgery now she has 3 grown sons and dILs too but did not want to bother people. So I said I would go up and collect the prescription and said must be an asthma inhaler? Got the bus up to the health centre given the prescription it was for nasal congestion.! She f*cking has not got nasal congestion a tight heavy cough and bringing up green yuck from her chest.

Get on the bus up to her house and the ****** chemist is shut! Called into the shop next door to ask and told they had no pharmacists and were trying to get one! No idea when they would open if at all today. There is no local chemist apart from this one! Walk up to aunt's house and told her then asked what did you actually say to the after-hours doctor as no way should you have got a nasal inhaler? Yes, she told him about the cough and green yuck from her chest but he said I cannot give you an antibiotic!!!!!

So I started phoning her own doctor just kept with the redial non-stop until I got through. Finally, she is getting a ****** antibiotic which is what she needed in the first place. Not a f*cking nasal inhaler which by the way you can buy over the counter anyway!

Yes, in this (DIS)united Kingdom, the rules are different everywhere. English can't use theirs in Wales, but I think Scots can use theirs anywhere. Londoners can use trains and tubes too.

Wales and Scotland have closed schools, England still open!

The over 65s can use their bus pass Northern Ireland in the Republic of Ireland get the train to Dublin etc free. Also, use it for the Dublin Dart bus service which is their public transport city buses.

I am going into full rant mode and may drop the F-bomb!

So 85-year-old aunt has a chest infection and unwell for the past 3 weeks heavy cold. Had an appointment with the doctor phoned up on Monday told to cancel it and not come into the surgery. The doctor too busy to speak to her over the phone and told to ring on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday 17th is saint paddy's day they are closed! I got her to phone the after-hours doctor and he did phone back, so this morning I rang to see how she was? They had left her a prescription for an inhaler but she had no way of getting to the after-hours surgery now she has 3 grown sons and dILs too but did not want to bother people. So I said I would go up and collect the prescription and said must be an asthma inhaler? Got the bus up to the health centre given the prescription it was for nasal congestion.! She f*cking has not got nasal congestion a tight heavy cough and bringing up green yuck from her chest.

Get on the bus up to her house and the ****** chemist is shut! Called into the shop next door to ask and told they had no pharmacists and were trying to get one! No idea when they would open if at all today. There is no local chemist apart from this one! Walk up to aunt's house and told her then asked what did you actually say to the after-hours doctor as no way should you have got a nasal inhaler? Yes, she told him about the cough and green yuck from her chest but he said I cannot give you an antibiotic!!!!!

So I started phoning her own doctor just kept with the redial non-stop until I got through. Finally, she is getting a ****** antibiotic which is what she needed in the first place. Not a f*cking nasal inhaler which by the way you can buy over the counter anyway!

That’s awful Donna no wonder you’re pissed off. The GPs think antibiotics are the winning lottery ticket and it’s like pulling teeth trying to get them to part with antibiotics for chest infections as apparently “bronchitis is viral and antibiotics only work on bacterial infections” oh yes I know it off by heart, they only give me them because I’m asthmatic, thing is though bronchitis can sometimes be bacterial, it’s rare but still can be but giving you aunties age, she should’ve automatically been prescribed them. Keep an eye on her because coughing up green phlegm is most definitely bronchitis/chest infection and if not careful will turn to pneumonia. Hope she’s better soon Donna xx

I have recently lost a dear friend to Cancer and was their only carer.It has been hard but one glimmer of comfort that we did not have to deal with this situation.My thoughts are with those who are going through this with the added worry that they are open to infection.Bless the staff who carry on regardless.
The NHS have my pure admiration, special people, special thanks.

I have been feeling miserable today. Self isolated. Months before I can see my grandchildren. This helped:

Smiling is infectious,

I started smiling too.

and someone saw my grin.

I’d passed it onto him.

Author Unknown
Spike Milligan wrote this

I am 70 and no way am I frail and no way will I go shopping at 7 am or use public transport, which we are told to avoid. As Strato said in England we can't use passes before 9.30. We have no children and are carrying on as usual apart from no pub lunches or coffee shop visits. Will go walking when weather fine and go shopping for as long as we can. We have set up a Morrisons account and are looking at slots in about 3 weeks time atm so will start a list and hope we can get something delivered. Heard from a friend about a greengrocers who does free delivery on Fridays so I have sent a message asking for their £15 box. Contains a variety of veg and fruit. Fingers crossed they are not overwhelmed and can deliver.

Smiling is infectious,

I started smiling too.

and someone saw my grin.

I’d passed it onto him.

Author Unknown

Aw Evie that’s beautiful, it’s a scary time and no doubt about that, self isolation is a mental as well as physical strain, especially for the elderly and people that live alone. I just can’t get my head around it all, it just doesn’t seem real but sadly, we know it is. Stay strong and if you need to talk we’re here for you and each other, big hug to all my forum buddies xxx

I just tried to register with Morrisons but it failed to accept me! Maybe volume if traffic or some issue with the iPad? Anyway they probably haven't got any slots or goods I want in stock. I also amazed myself by actually checking out the deliveroo site! But that would prove a costly option I think, and hopefully I would never need it.

I remembered that Q used to sell loo rolls, from that firm who make a donation from their profits to a scheme for proper loos in poor countries. Who gives a crap is the company and they have sold out as well!
Been problems with some phone and broadband companies today I think. I had a problem this morning trying to ring hubby to pick me up from town, I had been to the hairdressers,as I wasn't going to use the bus. Hope you managed to register.

Been problems with some phone and broadband companies today I think. I had a problem this morning trying to ring hubby to pick me up from town, I had been to the hairdressers,as I wasn't going to use the bus. Hope you managed to register.
Actually I didnt try again because I got sick of it all. instead I bought a couple of tops from Seasalt!!! I have been thinking of getting the new Mantel book as it is large you wouldn't want to carry it about to read on the train, so it may be an idea to read whilst detained under house arrest. It is a bit pricey though as it is still only out in hardback.

And so did this:

~• And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently. And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal. And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed. Author: Kitty O'Meara
Oh Evie, thank you for both your posts, 'And the people stayed at home' is poignant & so very true because so many need to think differently & the earth does need to heal.

Latest posts

Back