Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I turned over to QVC three times when Chuntley was on and every single time she’s smuggly thanking people for tuning in, and how she really really appreciates it, she also kept referring to people working from home but the people working from home are doing exactly that, working, and juggling kids around not watching a channel they probably can’t afford to shop with, the other people staying at home have probably lost their jobs, they too can’t afford to shop with QVC, the woman is vile absolutely vile for trying to cash in on people’s fear and misery, is there no level she will not stoop.

Are there any Billy Fury fans on here?

BF face mask 90369245_1015785353887549.jpg

I turned over to QVC three times when Chuntley was on and every single time she’s smuggly thanking people for tuning in, and how she really really appreciates it, she also kept referring to people working from home but the people working from home are doing exactly that, working, and juggling kids around not watching a channel they probably can’t afford to shop with, the other people staying at home have probably lost their jobs, they too can’t afford to shop with QVC, the woman is vile absolutely vile for trying to cash in on people’s fear and misery, is there no level she will not stoop.
Of course she was wearing the specs which she always does when she is in “serious”mode all she needs is Lulu or Judith’s white coat and I’m sure she will have the cure in a matter of days.

My ex once told me he used to shoot blue tits off the milk bottles. His mother would go nuts if he broke the bottle.

Now. apart from the fact that I didn't dump him immediately (I was 13 at the time - young and extremely stupid), what else was wrong with that sentence? Why the hell didn't his mother take the gun off him? I went on to marry that man (I needed my head read and should have listened to my mum who always told me he was a ne'er do well. Mum was always right). He was a bit psycho while we were married. He was an absolute nightmare while we were divorcing. I bitterly regret those wasted years but I'm older and wiser now (a lot of one, a bit of the other :LOL: ).

Our milkman was amazing, too. Always put the egg cups on the bottles to keep the birds off, never missed a day no matter what the weather and we live rurally on a mountain so snowfall was often heavy. Amazing bloke. Ranks up there with our current postie. I remember mum putting our milk in an old tin bath of cold water whenever the electric was out (frequently when I was a child).

Does anyone remember milk freezing so hard it would rise tower-like out of the bottles?

I'd heard recently that a local had started a milk and bread round but he's not quite up with us yet. I'll definitely be putting my name down!
I'm very glad he's your ex, what a horrible thing to do.

I'm fascinated that a lot of slebs and columnists are writing articles with advice on "things to do" as you self isolate - some are even finding themselves in such a situation.

Well my answer to that is...... FOR SINGLE PENSIONERS THIS IS WHAT DAILY LIFE IS LIKE, YOU PLONKERS - SELF ISOLATION FOR US IS PERMANENT !!!!!

Oh Shopps, the thought of giving a penny to the Q makes my skin crawl, all those unnecessary things they sell & the unnecessary tat peddlers being fawning in the extreme.

Oh Shopps, the thought of giving a penny to the Q makes my skin crawl, all those unnecessary things they sell & the unnecessary tat peddlers being fawning in the extreme.

I know lovely, the hard sell knocked me sick it’s the way she’s using the situation to make Q money, her attitude was weird it was as though she was beyond thrilled, I just can’t put my finger on it, and if she said thanks for supporting us once she said it a hundred times, supporting QVC for what though? They’re not a charity. Hope you’re well T, stay safe ❤️ xxx

I'm fascinated that a lot of slebs and columnists are writing articles with advice on "things to do" as you self isolate - some are even finding themselves in such a situation.

Well my answer to that is...... FOR SINGLE PENSIONERS THIS IS WHAT DAILY LIFE IS LIKE, YOU PLONKERS - SELF ISOLATION FOR US IS PERMANENT !!!!!
I am sick to death of these little videos from self isolating slebs. And motivational messages of love and support from the likes of Harry and Meghan. I don't actually know anyone who is self isolating but I am not on social media so only see if a website has posted something, which they won't do for Joe Bloggs.

Our neighbours down the road are out playing football with their kids and their friends. So much for keeping a distance between yourself and others. Mind you they are complete numpties anyway. I am dreading it when they break up on Friday, as that is all they will do all day long now.

I am going into full rant mode and may drop the F-bomb!

So 85-year-old aunt has a chest infection and unwell for the past 3 weeks heavy cold. Had an appointment with the doctor phoned up on Monday told to cancel it and not come into the surgery. The doctor too busy to speak to her over the phone and told to ring on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday 17th is saint paddy's day they are closed! I got her to phone the after-hours doctor and he did phone back, so this morning I rang to see how she was? They had left her a prescription for an inhaler but she had no way of getting to the after-hours surgery now she has 3 grown sons and dILs too but did not want to bother people. So I said I would go up and collect the prescription and said must be an asthma inhaler? Got the bus up to the health centre given the prescription it was for nasal congestion.! She f*cking has not got nasal congestion a tight heavy cough and bringing up green yuck from her chest.

Get on the bus up to her house and the ****** chemist is shut! Called into the shop next door to ask and told they had no pharmacists and were trying to get one! No idea when they would open if at all today. There is no local chemist apart from this one! Walk up to aunt's house and told her then asked what did you actually say to the after-hours doctor as no way should you have got a nasal inhaler? Yes, she told him about the cough and green yuck from her chest but he said I cannot give you an antibiotic!!!!!

So I started phoning her own doctor just kept with the redial non-stop until I got through. Finally, she is getting a ****** antibiotic which is what she needed in the first place. Not a f*cking nasal inhaler which by the way you can buy over the counter anyway!
Fecking eejits.........

That’s awful Donna no wonder you’re pissed off. The GPs think antibiotics are the winning lottery ticket and it’s like pulling teeth trying to get them to part with antibiotics for chest infections as apparently “bronchitis is viral and antibiotics only work on bacterial infections” oh yes I know it off by heart, they only give me them because I’m asthmatic, thing is though bronchitis can sometimes be bacterial, it’s rare but still can be but giving you aunties age, she should’ve automatically been prescribed them. Keep an eye on her because coughing up green phlegm is most definitely bronchitis/chest infection and if not careful will turn to pneumonia. Hope she’s better soon Donna xx

Indeed. Mr B had Bronchitis in India. He's a big strapping chap, but was a right 'Susan' with the illness. Green ming & being sick also! He used antibiotics to clear it.

Of course now we all have the recipe for bread poultices (relevant conditions) if antibiotics unavailable.

Oh God, the BBC has just shown a bunch of them singing a line of each of Imagine. (One of them is on day 6 of her self isolation.)

Actually I didnt try again because I got sick of it all. instead I bought a couple of tops from Seasalt!!! I have been thinking of getting the new Mantel book as it is large you wouldn't want to carry it about to read on the train, so it may be an idea to read whilst detained under house arrest. It is a bit pricey though as it is still only out in hardback.
You naughty little monkey!!!

Just got an email from Loccy. All shops are closing from March 21 until April 10 (staff will be paid) when they hope to reopen. Online will still be operating. I may just pop in tomorrow and get a handcream! Perhaps a rich body lotion! I will be surprised if they reopen that quickly but you never know.

I suspect that an awful lot of business will never reopen and those with multiple branches will cut them back to bare minimum.

I would like to say that when this is over we will all rethink our spending and get a grip but after a week it will be back to all the bad habits.

I know lovely, the hard sell knocked me sick it’s the way she’s using the situation to make Q money, her attitude was weird it was as though she was beyond thrilled, I just can’t put my finger on it, and if she said thanks for supporting us once she said it a hundred times, supporting QVC for what though? They’re not a charity. Hope you’re well T, stay safe ❤ xxx
Thank you & you & all your family too. I'm quite robust, even if I now look too scraggy thanks to my commitment to Slimming World, so even if I succumb to this lurgy I'll survive. I care for our 22 month old granddaughter two days a week, looked at her today & can't imagine anything happening to her or any other young people so want this dealt with, not that older people aren't worthy but I've had a wonderful time & younger people deserve to enjoy the same. I still can't help feeling that we're all at a crossroads with this virus, the Australian bushfires, locust devastating parts of Africa & the recent floods. We have messed with Nature & she's fighting back. As you know our first baby died, we both knew that his life wouldn't have been what we wanted for him & he would never have been able to tell us how bad it was. However, the doctors still suggested measures to prolong his time indefinitely, it was obvious that he wasn't meant to be & even though it shredded us, still does to be honest, I knew that Nature had to be respected ❤ Right back at you.

I heard that too. Wouldn't want to be sitting by them!
I'd love to have seen a reverse camera shot showing the audience. I bet the cougher had plenty of space around the as the other journos practised their social distancing! I wonder if that's why they are talking about doing the press conferences remotely?

Although it would appear you are more likely to get it from someone NOT showing symptoms... If you have seen the study they did in the village of Vo in the Veneto region of Italy.

Latest posts

Back