Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When dad died, his ashes were buried in the rose garden, that was created in his memory, at the hospital where he was the head consultant physician. When mum died, she’d said “put my ashes anywhere.” 😳 I had planned to have hers buried at the hospital where she was a nursing sister, but in the end, when I got divorced and bought the house I’m in now, I decided to buy a shrub and her ashes are below it. I ”scattered” her ashes on the anniversary of the date and at the exact time that she had passed (I was with her.) That might sound macabre to some, but for me it felt the right thing to do. I’m not religious per se, but do have a spiritualist background and so having her close is comforting. The shrub has flourished from that day to this.

I’ve no preference as to where my ashes go. My son can make that decision as I won’t know anything about it.

All of us older members with pets are always concerned what would happen to them should we die or become too ill to care for them. We have a 9 year old labrador and a 13 year old cat, neither of which are in their dotage as yet but I`ve asked 2 of my son who care for them when we go on holiday would they have them should the worst happen to us. One son loves cats and the other one loves dogs and recently lost his own elderly rescue dog to cancer and they`ve both said they`d be happy to take them anytime. It puts my mind to rest and hopefully myself and Mr V will be able to care for them for the rest of their lives but as covid 19 proves, you can be fit as a fiddle one minute and then gone in a matter of days.

Has anyone managed to book an online grocery delivery? I just checked out all the main sites and could only find slots on a Saturday evening from Asda at the end of April. For the other sites like Sainsbury's I couldnt even try to book because I am not on the government's list of very elderly and vulnerable. I usually buy in Waitrose and they deliver later but I am worried that service might stop soon because of staffing issues. If it does I shall just have to go to the shops more often as I dont have a car and cannot carry a week's shopping on the bus. I thought the delivery slots were supposed to be more available now but obviously not to addresses in Putney. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Has anyone managed to book an online grocery delivery? I just checked out all the main sites and could only find slots on a Saturday evening from Asda at the end of April. For the other sites like Sainsbury's I couldnt even try to book because I am not on the government's list of very elderly and vulnerable. I usually buy in Waitrose and they deliver later but I am worried that service might stop soon because of staffing issues. If it does I shall just have to go to the shops more often as I dont have a car and cannot carry a week's shopping on the bus. I thought the delivery slots were supposed to be more available now but obviously not to addresses in Putney. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
I found ASDA put slots on late at night. When I was looking around 11:30pm another day had been added. The latest date I can see is 26th April but it’s sold out for me for delivery. As you need delivery I would suggest grabbing a slot as I doubt any earlier ones will become available. I’m doing click and collect at ASDA tomorrow and quite looking forward to getting out.

Last edited:
We can’t get either click and collect or home delivery at all so it’s an hour excursion of the car park before you even get into the store. I dont really understand how more C&C slots can’t been increased. Our Tesco has 2 small portacabins doing this, after more than a month would it really be impossible to increase these, it certainly isn’t lack of manpower as they have stacks of workers standing looking at you queuing. We went at just after 9am and didn’t get back until 1pm and it’s only 10 minutes away and our actually shopping was only a fraction of that time.

One woman behind me was smoking and whilst she was 2 meters away her exhaled breath wasn’t , I was furious but it is considered a public outdoor space so allowed but really!

We can’t get either click and collect or home delivery at all so it’s an hour excursion of the car park before you even get into the store. I dont really understand how more C&C slots can’t been increased. Our Tesco has 2 small portacabins doing this, after more than a month would it really be impossible to increase these, it certainly isn’t lack of manpower as they have stacks of workers standing looking at you queuing. We went at just after 9am and didn’t get back until 1pm and it’s only 10 minutes away and our actually shopping was only a fraction of that time.

One woman behind me was smoking and whilst she was 2 meters away her exhaled breath wasn’t , I was furious but it is considered a public outdoor space so allowed but really!
I admit that I am a smoker, but I would never, ever think of smoking if I was in a queue for something (even if I was going to be there for hours). Some people have absolutely no consideration at all.

In America you can donate your body to a body farm where they leave your corpse out in the open and use it to train scientists and FBI, CIA to spot the different stages of decomposition in order to ascertain how long a person has been dead. They let wild life and insects get to you so as they can also tell which kinds of injuries they make to a dead body, plus the different stages of insects from maggots, pupae to adult insect and can separate the cause of death from something like a coyote biting you or being eaten by maggots. All sounds gruesome but it`s helped educate many pathologists and law enforcement agents.

I watched a documentary about it, I think they have one in the UK now?

Cartoon undertaker 93675002_101581439345884.jpg

Oh dear, a bit ambiguous

I am now getting adverts for monumental masons between these posts !

Are they listening in to my phone calls with my stonemason?

These are in addition to the ads for funeral directors, which started before I posted anything about funerals, so is the forum psychic as well?
Since you posted all I see is funeral adverts if one kind or another.

We have priority due to my asthma from Asda and Iceland. Not my preferred supermarkets but that is ok with us. From next week we have every Friday between 10 and 11 am.

No, I have not been able to get an online booking recently. As my mum has Alzheimer's and I do her shopping, I was eventually added to the Sainsbury's list for vulnerable people. I have had 2 deliveries, but now cannot get another one nor click and collect for 3 weeks.

So tomorrow I shall have to go to M & S to get some things for her. Luckily M & S still allow 2 people in together as I would not be able to do it all myself due to having fibromyalgia and I would struggle to push the trolley, pack, etc., on my own. I just hope they have the things that she likes to eat as she can be very fussy. She hates onions, pasta, pizza, etc. Loves fish luckily.

It must be very difficult Mazza if you don't drive - I feel for you.

Well, I've had letters and phone calls, identifying me as both elderly (oh god !) and vulnerable, but that doesn't cut any ice with any of the stores if you're not on their dreaded 'list' ! which they say I'm not, and I've been trying since the lockdown for a delivery slot. Given up and don mask and gloves to go to the Co-op.

Well, I've had letters and phone calls, identifying me as both elderly (oh god !) and vulnerable, but that doesn't cut any ice with any of the stores if you're not on their dreaded 'list' ! which they say I'm not, and I've been trying since the lockdown for a delivery slot. Given up and don mask and gloves to go to the Co-op.

I contacted the CEO's office and in the end was added to their list if that helps. Although even when added it is pot luck getting a slot.

Latest posts

Back