Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So sorry you feel a loss of hope, Twilight. I think we all have had down days during this time. I know I have. I hope you find a break helps you.

I have not gone out much at all, even for exercise. When I do go out, I'm not wearing gloves or mask. I don't use hand sanitiser. I don't wash down shopping. I do open post and wash my hands after. I haven't gone out of my way to do much out of the ordinary (pre-pandemic).
I do clean my surfaces with anti-bacterial cleaner same as before. I am however supplementing this with spraying diluted Zoflora, as that has antiviral as well as anti-bacterial properties.

I'm signing out for a while. I'm really struggling with every aspect of this situation & don't want my posts to be constantly negative. Life can give us all some dark times, however, this crisis has taken away my hope & that's never happened to me before. Look after yourselves & those you love - humans & animals. ❤

Yes it’s a tough time, so demoralising. I’m even finding it tough to call out QVC and their obnoxious presenters. Take time out for yourself to relax, read and watch some light hearted comedies. Wherever we look now it’s full of death and depression so remove yourself from it till you feel stronger, I done it years ago, I stopped buying papers or watching the news because cruelty was just getting too much, if I seen any animal or child cruelty it really affected me, depressed me for days, so I made a conscious decision not to watch, of course I knew it still went on but ignorance is bliss so they say. I hope the time out helps you, remember if you need to talk you know were I am. Hope you and yours stay healthy mind, body and soul and hope you come through this ok. Lots, and lots of love sister, take care. We’ll miss yeh, hope you’re back soon, big hug ❤️ xx

I dip in and out of this thread and admit I don't actually go back read perhaps many posts posted since I last dipped in.

Here in Belfast very few wear masks or gloves, spot some in the local Sainsbury. I go out and shop I get on the bus oh yes I do! Go to M&S food hall people sit well apart and you know what? We all just chat with each other total strangers suddenly sitting two empty seats behind each other just start chatting. The weather, wishing the shops were open, why is Dunnes which has a small food hall in the city centre not open? Moaning about not getting to the hairdresser. Just everyday stuff. In the supermarket going up and down aisles no way can you stay 2 metres apart but people are sensible and step back if someone wants something from the shelf.

I live alone with just my brother in Canada my close family. I am bored stiff at home but think I cope okay. I refuse to panic. A woman on the bus last week even asked, "do you live with your family?" I replied no I live alone and she said she did too and loved living on her own. Perhaps we are the people who are coping best?

Check your grid SB there could be a porridge residue fat berg in there mixed with other bits sending pong up. I buy the cheapest sink unblocker, usually B&M, and do a maintenance job every 6 weeks, bathroom plug holes too as Dove soap is very soft plus hair. Pour hot water down plug hole then pour unblocker and leave overnight, next morn straight away pour more hot water and good to go.

Great. There was a fatberg there once, outside in the drain!!!!! What is B & M please? Does the product corrode the plastic pipes that are under the sink?

Yes it’s a tough time, so demoralising. I’m even finding it tough to call out QVC and their obnoxious presenters. Take time out for yourself to relax, read and watch some light hearted comedies. Wherever we look now it’s full of death and depression so remove yourself from it till you feel stronger, I done it years ago, I stopped buying papers or watching the news because cruelty was just getting too much, if I seen any animal or child cruelty it really affected me, depressed me for days, so I made a conscious decision not to watch, of course I knew it still went on but ignorance is bliss so they say. I hope the time out helps you, remember if you need to talk you know were I am. Hope you and yours stay healthy mind, body and soul and hope you come through this ok. Lots, and lots of love sister, take care. We’ll miss yeh, hope you’re back soon, big hug ❤ xx

I’ll echo this, especially the avoiding the bad stuff bit. I don’t care if people think I’m in denial. What can I do about what’s going on, apart from what I am doing, which is avoiding contact with people and maintaining good hygiene when I have any interaction with the outside world. Knowing the grisly details does me no good, in fact makes me weaker. I know some lap it up, including at least one person I know (not on here) who loves circulating conspiracy theories and worst case scenarios - if that floats your boat, you go for it but don’t bring it to me, I say!

Wishing you the best, Twilight and everyone. I have had a few breaks from the forum myself recently because it became a bit too heavy for poor, delicate me. Each to their own, though, and we all cope differently.

I’ll echo this, especially the avoiding the bad stuff bit. I don’t care if people think I’m in denial. What can I do about what’s going on, apart from what I am doing, which is avoiding contact with people and maintaining good hygiene when I have any interaction with the outside world. Knowing the grisly details does me no good, in fact makes me weaker. I know some lap it up, including at least one person I know (not on here) who loves circulating conspiracy theories and worst case scenarios - if that floats your boat, you go for it but don’t bring it to me, I say!

Wishing you the best, Twilight and everyone. I have had a few breaks from the forum myself recently because it became a bit too heavy for poor, delicate me. Each to their own, though, and we all cope differently.
At least we have Strato to lighten the mood & the joke clothes that Q sells/JR wears. We also have the animal tails....

This is a poem by 8 year old Devin Samways, he puts it all in a nutshell I think. It`s called Lockdown.

Lockdown is a scary time,
So I thought that I could write a rhyme,
To put a smile on lots of faces,
From around the world in lots of places.
"Lots of time with my family,
Fills me with enormous glee.
Home school teaching from my mum,
With my brother who's a pain in the bum.
"Missing my bike rides and playing out,
It really makes me want to shout.
Nannies and grandads can't see me,
But safety really is the key.
"Watching movies on Disney Plus,
Stops us making such a fuss.
Eating ice cream in the garden,
Makes us burp but we say pardon.
"Missing our friends and all our teachers,
Watching YouTube to see who features,
In the Franche videos that set us challenges.
Hope noone fails and ends up in bandages.
"One day when this will come to an end,
Hopefully we won't have driven mum round the bend.
We will look back and cherish the thought,
Of the lessons we learnt and the ones we were taught."

97751966_252759779408910_2105707377285136384_o.jpg

Because I’ve lived all my life hundreds and sometimes thousands miles from family I’m used to communication by phone (in the days when you had to book a time slot and it cost a fortune), letter and now email so I don’t find this any different.

im ok if I have something to do but it has been cold and damp here this week and I can’t be bothered doing things just for the sake of doing them eg colour coding storage etc. Although I walk around our development for exercise it doesn’t interest me I need to walk around gardens, sea shore or parks where there is something to see.

lifes a bit of a so and so I live alone but 2 of my daughters live very near to me so never alone as such! My main bug bear is the press and the scaremongering and false information to sell papers. This has caused major injury to millions a rise in domestic violence being one... one day we will look back on these days and it won't seem so bad!

Check your grid SB there could be a porridge residue fat berg in there mixed with other bits sending pong up. I buy the cheapest sink unblocker, usually B&M, and do a maintenance job every 6 weeks, bathroom plug holes too as Dove soap is very soft plus hair. Pour hot water down plug hole then pour unblocker and leave overnight, next morn straight away pour more hot water and good to go.
i pour a bottle of white vinegar down the sink once a month and some Buster half way through the month. Except I just found a bag of soda crystals at the back of the cupboard so am using that twice a month now. And I think it is running slower!

Every time I boil the kettle I pour the residue down the sink but sometimes you need to bring out the strong stuff.

Whatever way our plumbing is in the bathroom if it’s very windy the water in the outlet dries and we get a bit of a pong but usually running the bath taps does it business

I agree with Boffy on the subject of the press and media it’s disgusting what they get away with. Vulnerable people are terrified when they see some of the headlines. Gutter press is how I describe them and they need to crawl back in their respective holes and stay there.

Stay safe and well, Twilight.

My Springer often comes out from under bushes etc looking like a Christmas tree. Once home, & after he's had a face wipe, I can feel loads of little thorns in his skin, which of course I pull out. He gets in & under everything on his walks, & often returns from bushes with a loaf of bread/shoe/dead animal (pre killed) but nearly always a ball. He is amazing at sniffing them out. You can tell when he has a 'scent' because his behaviour/body language totally changes. Tail goes mad, nose even closer to the ground than normal & he starts 'popping' with his mouth & big flappy chops. Spaniel owners will know this sound.

They're great little dogs aren't they? I managed to get a slo-mo vid of my (extremely) mucky pup bouncing through tall grass last summer. His ears and lips flapping up and down like he's trying to fly. A real joy. I can't help smiling when I watch him even when he's sleeping and having one of his "active" dreams.

I'm signing out for a while. I'm really struggling with every aspect of this situation & don't want my posts to be constantly negative. Life can give us all some dark times, however, this crisis has taken away my hope & that's never happened to me before. Look after yourselves & those you love - humans & animals. ❤
😘😘😘 for you Twilight. Don't feel bad for your posts being negative it is completely alien to us all at the moment.x

I use soda crystals all the time. Pour them down the sinks at night and then rinse in the morning and I also scatter the crystals over grids and drains.
Vienna, how much do you use each time? I am not sure of the amount to use just for a regular clean not a blockage.

Great posts, AE. More about that Spaniel please. How's he doing in lockdown? Where'd you get him?

I got him from a lady who had bred puppies from a line that goes back to the Springer I had years ago. I'm glad I found her as my dog is so much like his ancestor (though that's probably true of most Springers out there).

I'd come across a few dogs over the years that didn't look or behave like the Springers I was brought up with and I have such deeply fond memories of my family dogs through the years - one in particular - that I wanted one that was true to the family I was used to. And he is.

I feel bad as I should have just got another rescue as there are so many lovely dogs out there needing a home and so many bad breeders that breed to the cosmetic whims of a lot of people today. My rescues are incredibly loyal where my Springers have been proper tarts!

We live rurally so he's fine and hasn't missed any of his long walks. My partner takes him every day rain or shine even if it means a 4am start before he goes to his job. He might be groggy but the dogs are all bright-eyed and waggy tails.

Latest posts

Back