Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tarte 7 Piece High-Performance Naturals Cosmetic Collection & Bag
Item Number: 208455
QVC Price £51.00
Today's Special Value Price £39.72
P&P £4.95

Starring tarte's hero ingredient Amazonian clay, this seven-piece set includes a full-coverage airbrush foundation with an airbuki brush, silk Amazonian clay eyeliner, lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara, coconut oil lipstick, a double-ended eyeshadow brush, and a palette with a full-sized Amazonian clay blusher and six eyeshadows, plus a limed edition make-up bag. With custom application tools and high-performance formulas, tarte's High-Performance Naturals Collection has everything you need to create flawless, professional looks for day and night.

A gorgeous gift - beautifully packaged in a gift-boxed travel make-up bag, this covetable collection would make a special gift for make-up lovers - if you can bear to part with it!

A US phenomenon - a cult brand in the US, tarte cosmetics is only currently available in the UK at QVC, bringing you this amazing brand before anyone else.

Feel-good formulas - all tarte products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulphate, synthetic fragrances and gluten, instead leaning towards natural, good-for-skin ingredients that give optimum performance.

Contains:

1 x Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation & airbuki bamboo powder foundation brush (7g) - available in fair honey, light beige, light-medium, medium neutral, tan sand & rich sand. Formulated to give up to 12 hours of natural-looking coverage, this waterproof foundation has a custom mesh delivery system for easy and simple application. Infused with Amazonian clay and natural, light-reflecting gemstones
1 x Amazonian clay eye & cheek palette: 6 x (1g); 1 x (5.6g; full size) - the high-pigment complementary eyeshadow shades are designed to mattify and control oil for extended wear, with a velvety formula that glides on and does not settle into lines or creases. The soft blush gives a pop of colour that lasts up to 12 hours. Both the eyeshadows and blush are long-wearing, blendable and infused with colour-correcting coloured clay. Eyeshadow shades include Golden Opportunity (golden bronze), Sienna the Future (burnt sienna), Like You a Latte (brown), Highlight of my Day (pearl), Cream of the Crop (beige), Mauve Mountains (plum mauve), plus the blush in Insightful (warm peach)
1 x double-ended eyeshadow brush - features a unique, angled tip that helps follow the contours of the eye upon application
1 x lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara (7ml) - Black. Designed to lengthen, curl, volumise and condition, delivering evenly-coated pigment while helping to protect lashes. Infused with plant botanicals and waxes
1 x silk Amazonian clay eyeliner (0.2g) - in Black Brown. A high-definition, high-pigment easy-glide liner, with an automatic pencil tip, smudger and built-in sharpener. Formulated with Amazonian clay
1 x coconut oil lipstick (3.5g) - in Primrose (rose). A full coverage lipstick infused with coconut oil that glides gently over your lips to deliver rich colour and shine
1 x travel make-up bag - a limited edition patent purple make-up bag, with gold hardware detailing

How to apply:
Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation:

Gently push the airbuki bamboo powder foundation brush into the foundation’s custom mesh sifter
Tap away the excess and buff the powder onto your skin in light, circular motions, starting at the centre of the face and working outward until your desired level of coverage is achieved

Amazonian clay eye & cheek palette:
Blush:

Swirl a blusher brush (sold separately) into the blush and lightly tap off any excess
Apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend up and along your cheekbones to add increased definition

Eyeshadow:

Using the double-ended eyeshadow brush, apply shades to the lid, crease, outer corner and brow bone
lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara:
Wiggle the wand in a zig-zag motion from base to tip

silk Amazonian clay eyeliner:

Twist at the base to advance the automatic pencil tip before gliding along the upper and lower lash line

coconut oil lipstick:

Glide over your lips

About tarte cosmetics
Committed to delivering real results for real women, the eco-chic tarte cosmetics range is cruelty-free and infused with superfruits, plant extracts, essential oils and other naturally-derived ingredients. Not only does this fabulous make-up look good, it feels good too!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.208455

Ahhh I'm confused. I have pale skin with a pink undertone. I watched a previous video about the foundation and it said 'Light Beige' was best for pale with pink undertone so that is the kit I bought... However, they have just said on the presentation that Light Beige is for neutral undertones and Light Medium is for pink undertones.... sigh

Me too, light beige is yellow undertones which is not me but fair honey is palest porcelain which is not me either, not sure whether to buy it .... deliberating!

The Tarte website, and a previous QVC video (around 2 mins 10) both say Lt Beige is for light with pink undertones - so I am going to gamble and go for that. Not sure why she keeps saying Lt Beige is for yellow undertones! Hoping she has just made a mistake (she does keep saying it, though!) It is difficult buying a foundation if you cannot test the shades so you depend on accurate descriptions.

http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Amazonia....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-8-_-205119

I feel like a celebrity! I tweeted a question to Leigh on the show and they read it out, said my name and EVERYTHING!! lol
I asked which shade was best for light with pink undertones, she said the Light Medium - the website was (she didn't use this word) misleading. Light Beige was best for neutral pale skins. So I cancelled my original order, and reordered Lt Med.. phew!

I found this on review questions -

Shade please

Can you please help me pick a shade in this foundation. I am fair in Laura geller and fairly light in bare minerals. I have a lot of redness and can be quite pale in the winter months. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Age 25-34

Answer this Question
0 0
Hi you wear the same colours as me in LG BnB and bareminerals- I asked Leigh from Tarte direct and she suggested fair honey to me. Hope that helps
Age 25-34

1 day ago by Leahj - Wales

Shade please

Can you please help me pick a shade in this foundation. I am fair in Laura geller and fairly light in bare minerals. I have a lot of redness and can be quite pale in the winter months. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Age 25-34

Answer this Question
0 0
Hi you wear the same colours as me in LG BnB and bareminerals- I asked Leigh from Tarte direct and she suggested fair honey to me. Hope that helps
Age 25-34

Thanks I wear those shades too! I was thinking the fair honey. But when they searched the shades on the air it looked super white! I think maybe the lighting is affecting it. I have found this post helpful from a blogger http://www.thesundaygirl.com/2014/04/tarte-amazon-clay-full-coverage.html it includes swatches.

Shade please

Age 25-34

Answer this Question
0 0
Age 25-34

Aaargh...I've ordered Fair Honey but I'm Porcelain in B&B & Fair in BM so I'm thinking it might be too dark, but there's no paler shade.

I was confused too so I ordered both light beige and light medium and will return the one that doesn't suit.

I've been checking out the QVC site for USA and have gone for light medium which they say is the most popular shade. Fingers crossed it suits me.

Desperate measures to pick the right shade - have ordered the first three. Watched the launch and was thoroughly confused.It would be so useful if they would have little tester pots available from QVC if you can't visit a shop to see the colours yourself.

Ah, Tarte website is wrong then???

Akimbo posted the link to the Tarte website and they said Light Beige is for pink undertones.
I tweeted a question in, that Leigh answered. I said the website says I should use Lt Beige for pink undertones, but you are saying Lt Med? She said on the air that we shouldn't go by the website as the pictures are computer generated (I was going by the description not the picture...) but I'm taking her advice and going for Lt Med. I agree that little samples, like the Joan Collins range sends out, would be useful!

Ah, Tarte website is wrong then???

Akimbo posted the link to the Tarte website and they said Light Beige is for pink undertones.

Yep, going from the website I would have thought I was Light Beige but after watching the show I decided this was a no no as I can't do yellow foundations. Light Medium I thought would be way too dark, especially as we are now coming into winter. So I went for Fair Honey which may well be too light, but I have my Tarte Bronzer which is my miracle cure all product, so I can give myself some colour with this. Will see what the verdict is when the TSV arrives.

I posted a couple of photos on this thread yesterday with actual literal samples of the Light Beige foundation alongside a range of other brands' powders. On the bottom of my pot of Tarte Light Beige foundation is says "skin with pink undertones" on the flippin' label, so Leigh is contradicting this. Mind you she is right, and Tarte have classified this incorrectly imo. Scroll back and read my previous post, the actual Light Beige Tarte powder is slightly darker than Bare Minerals Medium Beige, and applied to the skin is virtually the same as BM Medium Beige: far too dark for me (using Balance & Brighten in Fair or BM in Fairly Light).

I've ordered Fair Honey.

Went for the lightest shade - probably still to dark for me! Really more interested in the palette as i like these for travel so prepared to sacrifice the foundation.

I was going to order light medium. However I've just looked at my Liz Earle make up and I wear beige 02 in the sheer skin tint and beige 03 in the pressed powder. Since they both say "beige" I thought I'd better stick with the beige theme and went with light beige. Fingers crossed!
I feel like buying the light medium as well and could mix them both together? But a bit tight on cash at the moment.

Latest posts

Back