'The' letter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sally

Registered Shopper
I've received a letter from QVC asking me to contact the finance department.
This can only mean they want me to stop returning products.

Should I ring them?
Should I ignore it?

Sally

Forgive my user name, I think I put my email in the user name box and I can't see where to change it!

Should I ring them?
Should I ignore it?

Sally

Forgive my user name, I think I put my email in the user name box and I can't see where to change it!

If you send a PM to Graham he can change your username for you.

the interesting thing is pippa in the two silver hours was mentioning 30 day mbg a lot and was saying no matter what you bought if you dont like it or change your mind you can send it back it applies to everyone and everything etc.

If you dont ring them they will phone you eventually and want to talk things through,it all depends on how much you want to keep your account with them

If you call them have your answers ready, to explain your returns...inconsistent sizing, exaggerated claims by presenters, pushing the "no quibble" angle, insufficient info on the website (missing photos etc) and anaything else you can think of. Ask them if they include faulty returns in their statistics.

Mainly ask them what part of "not quibbling" this falls under!

Good luck

Jude xxx

Should I ring them?
Should I ignore it?

Sally

This letter is a ****** liberty. :mad: Ring them and tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine. Or better still report them to Trading Standards for using the 30 day MBG as a prime selling hook and then attempting to prevent or deter consumers from using it. Don't be intimidated. :pPC:

Are you definately sure its because of returns? Could it be something else maybe?

You may have paid for something by cheque and its got lost or, like me my bank card expired and got replaced and i got a phone call asking for my new card details. Don't worry it'll be reet

might be cheque hold abuse (a very serious offence ;))
But Jude is spot on - of course QVC can sell who they want to, and they don't want you to return items, but if they are going to limit the amount of times you try and return items then it is no longer a 'no quibble' guarantee and their sales patter is misleading.

Ive just checked the returns policy, there's no hidden suprises on there, my advice would be to have a copy of it in front of you when you ring them so you an quote it when they start getting arsey with you.:cool:

It's a bit of a cheek, after all the exhorbitant cost of their P&P must cover a lot of the costs of returns! Such as charging £4.95 to send something tiny that costs 95p when you return it or a £7000 ring for the same cost o_O I've ended up cancelling orders because of it.

If you call them and it turns out it is about returns, I'd also recommend talking to trading standards as they really have been pushing the "buy many and send back what you don't want" line on shows.

This letter is a ****** liberty. :mad: Ring them and tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine. Or better still report them to Trading Standards for using the 30 day MBG as a prime selling hook and then attempting to prevent or deter consumers from using it. Don't be intimidated. :pPC:

Erm, erm, would you like to ring on my behalf?!

Lol

Sally

Are you definately sure its because of returns? Could it be something else maybe?

You may have paid for something by cheque and its got lost or, like me my bank card expired and got replaced and i got a phone call asking for my new card details. Don't worry it'll be reet

I'm pretty sure it'll be about returns.
I usually use Q cut, so have a card held on account.

I only really buy craft stuff, but often the quality isn't A1, and the packaging often means papers are bent.

In 3 years, I've probably bought 15 items, and sent 10 back.

Sally x

Erm, erm, would you like to ring on my behalf?!

Lol

Sally
I wouldn't mind hon as I don't mind an argument :D but they recognise their customers by the phone number and I would think you live too far away for a visit. :D :pPC:

Just tell them that if they've got a problem that you will refer them to trading standards if they get funny with you. They won't want to lose your custom over the sake of something or nothing (i'm sure thats all it is).

I had a letter like that when my credit card expired between easy pays.

welcomecat.gif
Sally. :D :pPC:

Sally@Hotmail :D Sue's attitude is the one you must have when you speak to them i think they will try to bully you into thinking twice about returning things when you have a perfect right to do so.Take the advice in this thread there is some good stuff there tell them about dodgy on air descriptions and things arriving used or damaged if that doesn't help tell them you are in possession of some compromising pics of Julia and Dale and you have News Of The world on speed dial :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back