'The' letter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Welcome Sally:D. It could be something simple like you credit card has expired between easy pays which has happened to me and a few others on here. Also they may be looking for your feedback because you've sent so much stuff back. The sooner you ring em the better you'll feel. they will only keep badgering you until you do. Go get em!:)

I'm pretty sure it'll be about returns.
I usually use Q cut, so have a card held on account.

I only really buy craft stuff, but often the quality isn't A1, and the packaging often means papers are bent.

In 3 years, I've probably bought 15 items, and sent 10 back.

Sally x

I do remember hearing that the letter gets sent out if you return more than 50% so it may well be that.

Have you called them yet or are you cowering in a corner with the letter??????:D

I am sure it will be ok once you have phoned them.:)

Hello Sally and welcome! Hope you get on OK - they push push push the 30 day money back guarantee several times in each hour. Ask them to tune in to any one of their own shows and if neecessary say you will report them to trading standards.
I am sure that their p and p charges partly insure them for returns - they are certainly high enough.

From another Sally!

Hi Sally. Welcome to the madhouse, I mean, forum.
QVC need to decide whether they have a 30 day mbg or not, and, if they don't, perhaps they should inform the presenters of this fact, and they can then stop endlessly spouting about returning something if you are unhappy "for whatever reason."
As Hughie Green used to say: "It's make your mind up time!"

I really wish I'd get one of these letter to give me the chance to tell them exactly what I think of it! Their hypocrisy is infuriating!

The truth is though, that I hardly buy anything from them to return nowadays.

hi do you have anything on easy pay still maybe payment can't be processed card expired etc ???? finance dept is normally about funding customer services would be about returns.
they have 1,000's of buyers so a couple of % returns does not effect them they are a MASSIVE company.

If you call them have your answers ready, to explain your returns...inconsistent sizing, exaggerated claims by presenters, pushing the "no quibble" angle, insufficient info on the website (missing photos etc) and anaything else you can think of. Ask them if they include faulty returns in their statistics.

Mainly ask them what part of "not quibbling" this falls under!

Good luck

Jude xxx

What a good post! I will keep these points next to my phone....

The Letter

I've had the letter, refused to phone, and had changed my number so they couldn't call me, not that that is the reason I changed the number.

I then found I could not access my account on line, that was a real nuissance, so just stopped buying. eventually got a phone call from nice young man listing all my sins.promised to be a good girl in the future! As if!

Think Trading Standards has to be the way to go.

Hello Sally and welcome. I think the presenters, Pipa and Julia spring to mind particularly but all of them are guilty, are pushing the 30 day MBG as much or more than ever and you should tell them that if it is about returns. I got a phone call recently from QVC, I feared the worst but it was to find out what I thought of some new style packaging and the packaging in general so don't worry about it, give them a ring and sort it out.

Hi Sally and welcome on board. I think you've been warned that this place is not only mad but it's addictive too! :D

I've only been asked to contact the finance dept. once and it was because a credit card I'd been using for easy-pays had expired. QVC did me a favour as the CC company had forgotten to send me a replacement and this was a reminder for me.

I hope you get your problem sorted...and keep on posting! :)

I'll echo the credit card sentiment - I had one letter and it turned out that the payment was refused by the bank. Probably because I had something one easy pay going out the same time I made a purchase in person on the other side of the world.

I'm intrigued now - love a good argument - have you rung them?:)

Lol, No!
But they rang me yesterday while I was out and spoke to my son.

Now I really AM scared! However, I ordered yesterdays TSV online and I'm determined NOT to send it back! In fact, I was scouring their website for cheap stuff to buy and Keep, just to please them!! (how sad am I!!?)

I will NOT call them, but I'm happy to speak to them if they contact me.
I am certain it's about my returns, but to be honest, it's not as if I order every week, or even every month, so I am not overly concerned if they rovoke my membership!

Sally

it's a bit odd though.....I return every other item to QVC and haven't had "the letter"...

admittedly I haven't ordered from them for a while.....

I agree with Dogwoodmapp - the suspense would get to me - I would have to call them - even if it's just to argue the point over their so called "no quibble" 30 day money back guarantee...

I got that letter I think last year. When I called them they tried to hide under "we want to find out how to improve products so you don't have to return things & to improve my return rate". If that was the case then why not just send a questionaire or get a call centre person to contact me, not accounts. Sometimes I can place orders and not send anything back for say 8 months or something, then I'll all of a sudden send a few bits back at once. They just look at percentages over time and not the pattern of keepers/returns.

When I mentioned what people thought about the letter on this forum they got quite defensive and would only talk about my account. They couldn't understand that I was trying to give them an overview of what their customers were saying as I had the opportunity to give feedback.

They also wanted me to think about my orders before placing them. Now I don't order a great deal of things. I keep a fair few items but also return a fair few like when I think a Beth Terrell jacket looks great on little Pipa but when I get the XS home it swamps me. I told them that most returns would have been due to sizing on clothes/jewellery and that is something they can't do much about when the ring size should fit or the top measurement is correct in theory but then doesn't fit. Some purchases just don't work out. You can always tell them that under the distance selling laws you are within your rights to return any purchase. Whether a company gives 7, 10 or 30 days makes no difference it's your right to return.

I got that letter I think last year. When I called them they tried to hide under "we want to find out how to improve products so you don't have to return things & to improve my return rate". If that was the case then why not just send a questionaire or get a call centre person to contact me, not accounts. Sometimes I can place orders and not send anything back for say 8 months or something, then I'll all of a sudden send a few bits back at once. They just look at percentages over time and not the pattern of keepers/returns.

When I mentioned what people thought about the letter on this forum they got quite defensive and would only talk about my account. They couldn't understand that I was trying to give them an overview of what their customers were saying as I had the opportunity to give feedback.

They also wanted me to think about my orders before placing them. Now I don't order a great deal of things. I keep a fair few items but also return a fair few like when I think a Beth Terrell jacket looks great on little Pipa but when I get the XS home it swamps me. I told them that most returns would have been due to sizing on clothes/jewellery and that is something they can't do much about when the ring size should fit or the top measurement is correct in theory but then doesn't fit. Some purchases just don't work out. You can always tell them that under the distance selling laws you are within your rights to return any purchase. Whether a company gives 7, 10 or 30 days makes no difference it's your right to return.

I can't believe they can still call it a "no quibble" MBG - obviously they are quibbling!!

Would love one of these letters I'd soon be on the phone.

I have't returned that much in the past but I've returned the last 4 items, which is at my expense.

Make your mind up is it a 30 no QUIBBLE mbg or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back