The race is on

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
QVC item, "in process" for ages. Then had email on 28th to say it had been despatched.

Hermes tracking showed the order was generated at 0916 on 26th. That's all it says, so no further progress with the delivery.

So it took 2 days just to get the email to say it had been despatched!

Postage cost £7-95.

LEDHUT item, ordered yesterday. Email very soon after to say it had been despatched.

Hermes tracking showed the order was generated that day (27th) at 1654 (ie sent to Hermes). And that was on a very busy Black Friday too.

Now the tracking is showing "27/11/2015 at 21:05 Hub Trailer Via Sorter".

Postage £1-99 regardless of number of items.

Compare and contrast. Place your bets on which will arrive first.

I'm sure QVC's inflated P&P costs cover the 'insurance' for items returned used under the 30 day money back guarantee.

QVC item, "in process" for ages. Then had email on 28th to say it had been despatched.

Hermes tracking showed the order was generated at 0916 on 26th. That's all it says, so no further progress with the delivery.

So it took 2 days just to get the email to say it had been despatched!

Postage cost £7-95.

LEDHUT item, ordered yesterday. Email very soon after to say it had been despatched.

Hermes tracking showed the order was generated that day (27th) at 1654 (ie sent to Hermes). And that was on a very busy Black Friday too.

Now the tracking is showing "27/11/2015 at 21:05 Hub Trailer Via Sorter".

Postage £1-99 regardless of number of items.

Compare and contrast. Place your bets on which will arrive first.

Yeah not a betting person, but I'm thinking QVC package is going to be 'bringing up the rear'. Also have they stopped next day delivery, as not one of the presenters is 'touting' that now. I mean surely a big company like that should be able to get its delivery service together, I mean other big companies are able to manage next day delivery, I mean a high-street catalogue chain even manages 'same-day' delivery. I know all these come at a cost, but if you want that item quickly then people will brunt the cost. I am still shocked at how it justifies itself with regards to P&P, I mean that is probably how they can say that 'x amount' has sold, because there is probably thousands if not millions of products that are languishing somewhere in peoples' cupboards and wardrobes unused, because it costs a lot to send it back. No I think despite how 'glossy' the channel, they need to sort delivery out.

Sorry suffer from verbal diarrhoea!

I read that Q were stopping next day delivery and were going to make some improvements to it and re-launch if next year, why could they not get it right first time! They also commented that most of their customers were happy with the normal delivery service, not sure about that one, customers probably don't want to pay an extra £2 on top of already extortionate postage charges in the hope that an item turns up the next day.
I saw a Kipling bag at a special price on Friday and it was £5.95 to have it posted! That is ridiculous for quite a small and light item, I wouldn't order it in the end as I thought if i don't like it, it is going to cost me the best part of £9 to look at a bag! Forget it QVC I will go elsewhere

The race is won.

The LEDHUT items arrived at 0935 today, a SUNDAY!

I've never had a Sunday delivery before.

Now waiting to see when the QVC item arrives.

The LEDHUT status said "Out for delivery to courier" at 0650.

Funnily enough, the QVC status says the same, but they probably pay Hermes less money if the DON'T deliver on a Sunday.

Ridiculous, the Hermes lady could have brought both at the same time.

I ordered two books the other day from Amazon on a Friday evening night at about 8 pm, I am not a prime customer, and just ordered them on their free delivery service, I had an email on the Sunday morning say they would be delivered that day and they were, excellent service.

FRAUD ALERT???????

The courier delivered my LEDHUT parcel as above, but not the Q one. I didn't have to sign for it.

I've just looked on the tracking and BOTH parcels have been marked by the courier as delivered.

Phoned CS, they will send me the non-delivery letter!!!!!

I said I would NOT comply with that system as it was ridiculous, and no other online retailer had such a system.

I insisted someone from Q rang Hermes to investigate, as It was THEIR delivery contract with Hermes.

They said no-one could do that on a Sunday but would leave a note for someone to do it tomorrow and then phone me.

They will send the letter in any case, but said that they would refund my stamp.

BTW the Q item was over £150.

Do you know the Hermes person .If so ask them about it .Does that person deliver to you regularly ? I always ask my Hermes person for their phone number and they are helpful .So far at least .Once it happened to me and she told me she had signed delivered by mistake thinking it was for the another parcel and she would get mine asap .

No, I don't know her, I don't get all that many deliveries and they are often different people, the last one was male.

I am fuming about it, especially "Q's letter" response.

If they don't phone me tomorrow, or if it doesn't turn up as a result of a genuine mistake, I am thinking of reporting it to the police so I can get a crime number and force Hermes/Q to investigate, not just shrug their shoulders and send the letter.

I have been waiting weeks for it as it was on waitlist, and that was Q's fault as the order I thought I'd made didn't complete.

I think this situation is rather unique.

Unlike others when the goods simply do not turn up, instead I had ONE delivery but TWO items were marked by the courier as delivered.

As I paid by credit card, I could involve them as well, and get a refund, but actually I still want the item.

It is quite likely courier didn't realise there was two on his/her system for you and system has marked both as delivered, they will likely find parcel in their vehicle later and bring it to you.

Your local delivery number ,just give them a call and inquire about it ,It just must be some mistake .

Also on the qvc tracking ,did it tract right till the end through various stages .Because as far as I know qvc does not do a Sunday delivery .

FRAUD ALERT???????

The courier delivered my LEDHUT parcel as above, but not the Q one. I didn't have to sign for it.

I've just looked on the tracking and BOTH parcels have been marked by the courier as delivered.

Phoned CS, they will send me the non-delivery letter!!!!!

I said I would NOT comply with that system as it was ridiculous, and no other online retailer had such a system.

I insisted someone from Q rang Hermes to investigate, as It was THEIR delivery contract with Hermes.

They said no-one could do that on a Sunday but would leave a note for someone to do it tomorrow and then phone me.

They will send the letter in any case, but said that they would refund my stamp.

BTW the Q item was over £150.

Hermes have changed their delivery notifications. You can still track the order through your QVC e-mail to see what stage the delivery is at, now Hermes send their own e-mail, which, in my experience doesn't equal the first. I was horrified to read Hermes e-mail to discover a BOSE system was delivered to me and signed for. Before I could ring QVC the next morning, the item turned up (not by my regular driver and with no explaination) I didn't make that call to QVC as I put it down to a blip at a very busy time of year. Have to confess I was much relieved to receive the parcel. I can imagine the chaos this new system will bring, especially as Hermes state parcels are signed for. I can;t remember the last time I did that.

It is quite likely courier didn't realise there was two on his/her system for you and system has marked both as delivered, they will likely find parcel in their vehicle later and bring it to you.

Yeah I would think this is probably system or human error rather than a criminal offence.
Chill strato, hopefully it will come tomorrow.

Last edited:
I have never had an item delivered on a Sunday from Q or Hermes, I had 4 emails from Hermes on Friday to say they were going to deliver my cozee home bedding set, and one from Q, seems a bit of overkill

I think a lot of issues with deliveries come down to how good your local agent is, and that's just pot luck. Fortunately, mine is pretty good and will deliver on Sundays if they can. I've never once been asked for a signature though, which I'd have thought was essential for a high value item. Royal Mail are just as bad though - since my local friendly postie retired, the replacements change regularly and I never get asked for a signature for ebay items sent recorded delivery. I always tell the seller if they don't and advise them to ask for a refund as RM didn't do the job they were paid for.

I was assuming that they used a scanner on the bar code of each item to show that an item is delivered on the tracking.

Therefore I thought she may have scanned 2 packages but only delivered one, hence my suspicions.

Latest posts

Back