Thorntons Chocolates TSV 25/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think its good value as on the Thorntons website the same thing would cost you £47.95 plus £3.95 postage, the big box is £19.99 and the small ones are £6.99, so really its equivalent to buying the big box and one small one and then you get the other three small ones totally free.

Yes you can buy boxes of Thorntons in supermarkets etc but generally its not the continental range, it is the classic range. I think the novelty appeal for this is the fact is very "giftable" as you could keep the big box for yourselves and then you have four separate pressies which are equivalent to what £1.65 each. Fab!!

A lot of Thorntons things are cheaper direct but on this occasion this isn't. I have gone for it and also the 8 bags which were on four EP's, £5.73 per go, wahoo!!

Tesco have offer for continental 640g box at £10, so 980g for £20 and its same box as tsv. Thats my diet out of window for a while then lol

Last edited:
mine not arrived either. think they will go back unopened. wanted them to send to Aus as Christmas presents, getting late now. total incompetence. what else is new? why am I not surprised!

I was on the phone ranting and raving yesterday to QVC about my thorntons and they said I have to allow till 6pm TODAY for receipt and then if nothing has arrived phone up. I actually had an email saying the same in writing too. So at 6pm today if nothing has come CALL THEM. This is what I shall be doing, sounds like they are going to be very busy!!!!!!!!!

If anyone who didn't buy the TSV and interested in Thorntons, you can get near as dam it 3 kilo of continental, 5 boxes worth for £31.95 delivered, reduced from £99.95 , use the code XVXC to discount the price

https://www.thorntons.co.uk/product...-Special-Edition-597g/pc/2407/c/2427/564.uts#

+ 12% Topcashback £3.36 , so comes in at £28.59 £5.71 a box, not sure how this compares to the TSV

Thanks for posting. I've ordered Great British Puddings, Winter Desserts and three boxes of Continental, and using Quidco (lower %) they work out at £6 per box. I normally take a tub of Roses to share at work coming up to Christmas but this time I will be flash and take Continental.

My Thorntons TSV (ordered during the midnight launch show) was despatched last Thursday but still hasn't arrived.

I wonder how the people who placed advanced orders will get on. I can't remember the despatch date QVC gave for the advanced orders but given that it's been nearly two weeks and my order is still a no-show I can see some of those orders not being delivered in time for Christmas (particularly if they are need to be passed on/sent on as gifts).

So where are the chocolates? I know we got free p&p but I'm not very happy if these chocolates are being handled alot as they have been on their travels for 4 days now. Hope the weather doesn't turn to snow then we have no hope of getting them

If anyone who didn't buy the TSV and interested in Thorntons, you can get near as dam it 3 kilo of continental, 5 boxes worth for £31.95 delivered, reduced from £99.95 , use the code XVXC to discount the price

https://www.thorntons.co.uk/product...-Special-Edition-597g/pc/2407/c/2427/564.uts#

+ 12% Topcashback £3.36 , so comes in at £28.59 £5.71 a box, not sure how this compares to the TSV

Thanks a lot for this. My sister had the tsv on advanced order but this deal is miles better and you can choose from a variety of boxes at 5 for £35. She's now getting 3 continental boxes and 2 family selections fir only £5 more than tsv but for way more than double yhe quantity of choc!!!!

My choccies have just arrived! Cor, the big box is REALLY BIG and nice and weighty!! The smaller boxes are not tiny either, so will make great pressies. Glad they have arrrived at last.

Rang Customer Services yesterday late afternoon to find out where my order is. Was told it would be with me by 6pm yesterday at the latest. It still hasn't arrived. Non receipt form now on the way. I shall have to hit the dreaded high street for chocolates instead.

Looking at QVC's Facebook page it seems that customers are being given a range of excuses for the delays and those who ordered early are still waiting for their orders whilst people who ordered later in the day received theirs days ago.

The woman I spoke to today at QVC was quick to blame Thorntons for the problems. I did point out that QVC must be a pretty important customer as far as Thorntons are concerned and that QVC should exercise its influence to get this mess sorted out. Needless to say the comment fell on deaf ears!

I ordered on Monday evening (thanks deanos for your post re the offer and discount code) and my order arrived at work on Friday lunchtime. I'm very pleased to get such a bargain and speedy delivery compared to some of the QVC orders.

I ordered 4 boxes on the wait list thing with delivery after the 10th December for xmas pressies for my girls at work. Looks now they'll have to wait till next Christmas :)

I see the TSV is back in stock and selling for a mere £3 more and still with free P&P. They must have tons left to off load before the 'best before' date. Hope everyone that ordered theirs the first time round have now received OK.

Just had all mine arrive. Big box looks great, smaller boxes ideal as little pressies :)

I see the TSV is back in stock and selling for a mere £3 more and still with free P&P. They must have tons left to off load before the 'best before' date. Hope everyone that ordered theirs the first time round have now received OK.
The Elemis TSV is back too and only £3.44 more than the TSV price.

Latest posts

Back