Tignanello Handbags TSV 4/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only ever bought one Tignanello bag a while back, lovely design but it was the lining that I didn't like, it was like a thin polyester and it pulled on my house keys, so I didn't buy another. They may have changed the lining now this was a few years ago.

Just had a quick look, yes it's still the same lining, be careful if you buy it, my hands were rough and dry when I had my bag and they did catch on the lining making little pulls in it, till my keys caught and ripped it completely.

Seems they are saying the handles are PVU or whatever as the oil from your hands can do something to the leather. Bollocks!!!! Mulberry don't seem to have that problem. I will say its really to cut the cost of the bag.

Exactly what I thought,

why oh why do they mix the plastic with leather cost cutting but with a high price point. would rather go to tk maxx with my money

Sweaty palms ruining leather bags is a new phobia QVC has just created. It made me wonder just how many fears of doing normal activities without using QVC products they have made for us over the years.

Sweaty palms ruining leather bags is a new phobia QVC has just created. It made me wonder just how many fears of doing normal activities without using QVC products they have made for us over the years.

qvc have a phobia with vfm. mixing plastic with leather is something you expect on a cheap market stall

Seems they are saying the handles are PVU or whatever as the oil from your hands can do something to the leather. Bollocks!!!! Mulberry don't seem to have that problem. I will say its really to cut the cost of the bag.

If I had the remotest interest in buying the bag, I lost it all when I heard that about the handles. Plastic handles crack very easily in my experience, especially the rolled style. They then become unsightly and uncomfortable to use. I had a Fiorelli bag a few years ago (expensive for non-leather too) which became unusable after a couple of months for that very reason. Never again for me.

I really like the Chianti colour & the sailor blue but was disappointed at the price esp when they mentioned the handles.
I have RFID card case so don't need this in my bag as it just bumps up the price would rather have leather handles.
Are all Tig bag handles like this now or just TSV?
I really want something in the Chianti colour but why are so many teamed up with brown??

i know people dont always like kipling but their leather handbags knock practically every single designer handbags into a cocked hat and that includes the big big guns that cost several hundreds of pounds

According to the web site,the handles strap and base of the bag are PU .The side panels are leather..... I'm sure I heard earlier them say the handles are PU but the rest of the bag is leather....and the sweat on leather handles explanation was rubbish in my opinion .Cost cutting and a bit crafty if you ask me .I won't be buying .

On the synthetic handle - good try at trying to make a virtue out of this cost-cutting. I'm in total agreement that this is a complete nonsense. I've never bought a leather bag where there has been any issue with the oils of the hand... here's a thought... leather is essentially a skin - which sweats and produces its own oils just like we do... so it's far better designed to handle our secretions than any bit of plastic!!!

It's a shame, because if you do buy leather bags, and you like the Tig designs - they've broken trust with this cost-cutting on the TSV... what about the handles etc on the other bags they have brought to air?

On the synthetic handle - good try at trying to make a virtue out of this cost-cutting. I'm in total agreement that this is a complete nonsense. I've never bought a leather bag where there has been any issue with the oils of the hand... here's a thought... leather is essentially a skin - which sweats and produces its own oils just like we do... so it's far better designed to handle our secretions than any bit of plastic!!!

It's a shame, because if you do buy leather bags, and you like the Tig designs - they've broken trust with this cost-cutting on the TSV... what about the handles etc on the other bags they have brought to air?

they have always used plastic in all thier bags this has been noted many years ago

they have always used plastic in all thier bags this has been noted many years ago

Yes - I checked after I posted - all of them have either "and PVC" or "and polyurethane" after the leather... I don't assume it's always the handles - could be the facings around the zips, could be the embellishments... which I would like QVC to be much clearer about than they are.

Sweaty hands haven't stopped people buying Lulu Guinness !

Personally I think this bag is boring, nothing special about it, not particularly attractive, and winter is dark enough without having accessories in dull colours.

I bought a silver Tig a few years ago, but it was heavy before I put anything it in ! so it was quickly offloaded. I also steer clear of magnetic closures and open air middle sections.

Latest posts

Back