Tignanello Handbags TSV 4/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The magnetic closure on the Tig French Tote is so good you can't open it one handed!! Some are better/worse than others but my most used silver one is very secure. I live in the South East and regularly work in London and I don't have any worries about my Tig bag being any less secure than any other.

I don't have a problem with the linings getting ripped either but its horses or courses isn't it? I have had one with a pulled thread but that's about it. Having had my handbag nicked though I next to never put my keys in my bag. Whenever possible they're in a jeans/trouser pocket and my house keys stay in my car. My office keys are never in my bag either. And I keep my keys all separate not in one large bundle.

They seem to be pushing the TSV like crazy, they did a presentation of it at the start of the Skechers hour and showed it twice during the hour. To me it seems quite dull and something someone who is quite conservative would use.

All these years I never realised about the synthetic bits of the bags.I just thought they were really well priced leather bags(although the prices seem to have risen recently)

Oh well,I will have to be more observant in future.Cant say I have heard Q talk about this in the past,but I don't watch all the shows.

They seem to be pushing the TSV like crazy, they did a presentation of it at the start of the Skechers hour and showed it twice during the hour. To me it seems quite dull and something someone who is quite conservative would use.

Personally I thought the colours were rather dull which made the bag look very old fashioned and drab.

They keep banging on about how expensive these bags look, who are they trying to fool? They look exactly like a cheap leather bag. Nothing wrong with a cheap leather bag, of course! But to add insult to injury most of them have faux leather handles, something I've not heard them mention once.

Seems they are saying the handles are PVU or whatever as the oil from your hands can do something to the leather. Bollocks!!!! Mulberry don't seem to have that problem. I will say its really to cut the cost of the bag.

I absolutely agree with you Donna. What a load of rubbish they are spouting. If this is the case then why don't the Radley bags they are flogging have plastic handles? It is because they want to cut corners and have a lower price point so they can sell more. I think this TSV bag and many of the others that have been shown today look quite cheap. The leather doesn't look that great if I am honest.

I only ever bought one Tignanello bag a while back, lovely design but it was the lining that I didn't like, it was like a thin polyester and it pulled on my house keys, so I didn't buy another. They may have changed the lining now this was a few years ago.

I have a grey mock croc Tignanello shoulder bag that I bought a few years ago, every time I use it , it creaks so loudly that it is embarrassing and a sure sign of a cheap make, it was too late to send it back so I have it ,.... storing some things.
I also found the lining catching and pulling on most things (even my finger nails)which again was so irritating. The logo tag was so heavy that I took it off straight away and the bag itself was heavy before I put anything in , which was another reason that I do not use it.

I bought another bag that I quite liked, because of its good organising sections and it was not too heavy...but again the lining was of that silly satin stripy material and I had to send it back. Most of the bags are stylish and cheap for leather bags...if only they could change the cheap, nasty satin lining materials.
It looks like they still use the same satin material,shopperholic, but has some different patterns:cheeky:

I quite liked the TSV, but the plastic handles, plastic strap and the plastic base put me off straight away:talking: Their excuse for using the plastic made me laugh, honestly it is the stupidest explanation ever.
The plastic has more chances of cracking and peeling than leather surely :nod:. Hand lotion most probably helps to moisturise and make the leather more supple....but will help to crack the plastic :thinking:
So these bags (TSV) are plastic / leather?? They are wrong to call them leather bags then, aren't they?? What a shame, I liked the idea of the built in RFID .

They keep banging on about how expensive these bags look, who are they trying to fool? They look exactly like a cheap leather bag. Nothing wrong with a cheap leather bag, of course! But to add insult to injury most of them have faux leather handles, something I've not heard them mention once.

Once a customer complained that the handles were not leather and the Q had to admit on air that those bags did have faux leather and they made so much how they could never tell and Carla said that she was not aware that they were at first.

I have a grey mock croc Tignanello shoulder bag that I bought a few years ago, every time I use it , it creaks so loudly that it is embarrassing and a sure sign of a cheap make, it was too late to send it back so I have it ,.... storing some things.
I also found the lining catching and pulling on most things (even my finger nails)which again was so irritating. The logo tag was so heavy that I took it off straight away and the bag itself was heavy before I put anything in , which was another reason that I do not use it.

I bought another bag that I quite liked, because of its good organising sections and it was not too heavy...but again the lining was of that silly satin stripy material and I had to send it back. Most of the bags are stylish and cheap for leather bags...if only they could change the cheap, nasty satin lining materials.
It looks like they still use the same satin material,shopperholic, but has some different patterns:cheeky:

I quite liked the TSV, but the plastic handles, plastic strap and the plastic base put me off straight away:talking: Their excuse for using the plastic made me laugh, honestly it is the stupidest explanation ever.
The plastic has more chances of cracking and peeling than leather surely :nod:. Hand lotion most probably helps to moisturise and make the leather more supple....but will help to crack the plastic :thinking:
So these bags (TSV) are plastic / leather?? They are wrong to call them leather bags then, aren't they?? What a shame, I liked the idea of the built in RFID .

It's another classic case of QVC and their presenters taking their customer for a fool, plastic handles is too save money, pure and simple.

I agree, they are a pick-pocketer's dream! you may as well personally hand the contents of your bag over to them!

Some magnetic closures are fairly strong, and some are not, but what worries me is , with magnetic closures, there are gaping areas on either sides of that which become easy for pick pockets.
I also dislike Velcro closures ...once I had my Kipling Garan bag which had one of those on the front pocket, and when the train jostled, the bag fell down, all the contents spilled all over the floor:blush:

i believe the guest presenter who has presented this range from the beggining and always said since the first presentations that this brand used plastic as part of the design.

It's another classic case of QVC and their presenters taking their customer for a fool, plastic handles is too save money, pure and simple.
I wish they had used webbing for the strap, like some well known brands do which is lighter and more durable and more gentle on the shoulder. I think some of the Kipling leather bags have them, and so do one or two Lulu Guinness bags.
At least they say so clearly and do not give some silly excuse like what the Q has done with the TSV.

i believe the guest presenter who has presented this range from the beggining and always said since the first presentations that this brand used plastic as part of the design.

She did say today, about the straps and the handles, but it was quite later that she owned up about the base :)

I wish they had used webbing for the strap, like some well known brands do which is lighter and more durable and more gentle on the shoulder. I think some of the Kipling leather bags have them, and so do one or two Lulu Guinness bags.
At least they say so clearly and do not give some silly excuse like what the Q has done with the TSV.

That would've looked better actually, instead of plastic trying to be passed off as leather.

plastic that looks like leather is more clever though hoping that people dont notice. reminds me of something you get in a cheap market stall hoping that trading standards dont find out that you passing off plastic as leather very pre 1970's

That would've looked better actually, instead of plastic trying to be passed off as leather.

You are right :handshake: at least it will be obvious and we would have bought the bags knowing the facts....in this case, some would not have been aware , especially if they ordered after seeing it in some of the presenters blogs, prior to the presentation at 12 MN, which seems to be the case, since a couple of the bags were already on wait list at midnight.
At times, they have said that the trims or side panels are of faux leather, but in this case, the handles, the strap and the base are of faux leather, which seems a large part of the bag.

plastic that looks like leather is more clever though hoping that people dont notice. reminds me of something you get in a cheap market stall hoping that trading standards dont find out that you passing off plastic as leather very pre 1970's

Years ago I have bought Jane Shilton bags, thinking they were leather bags (because she does sell leather bags also and the bags bought were pricey and looked like leather ) but after a few usage, they especially the handles and the base cracked and looked so cheap, so it was good money down the drain :doh:

You are probably right because I think Carla is pretty straight and up front about the brand. Maybe they don't mention it often enough.

Latest posts

Back