Tova Borgnine has passed away

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From the sublime to .... Debbie's flippant-sounding response. As someone who claims to be an author, surely she could be more eloquent? It puts me in mind of Windsor Davis' sergeant major's line in It Ain't Half Hot Mum. "Oh dear, how sad, never mind".
I hope Tova's ranges can continue without her, but in Q world I doubt it.
Her skincare sounds like it is effective, judging by the few reviews I've seen.
I genuinely used to rate Tova's skincare and it was reasonably priced. The only product I didn't like was the mask as it set like plaster of paris and took ages to get off. Her serums were great and she used to do an organge, vitamin C cream that smelt divine and was really hydrating.

Oh, and I agree...typical, almost crass comment from Freebie.

I echo you all, sad to read the news that Tova has left us. She was so charming and elegant, a true lady. It was her time to go, we are not promised a tomorrow. But I truly believe that our spirits go on after we leave our earthly bodies and I am sure she will be with Ernest now. She led a fascinating life. I enjoyed hearing her anecdotes and stories, especially how Ernie gifted her with a special piece of jewellery. She has lots of old friends to get re-acquainted with too,I am sure they will all take care of her. RIP Tova, we will miss you.

Message on Tova's FB page:

Hello Friends, This is Michele.
I wanted to let you know, QVCUK will be presenting a special memorial moment for Tova
UK Time - 8:00 pm hour

Followed by a plug for the FIVE4U money off code :rolleyes:

Comment:

Faith Bodden
I couldn’t see it. All I saw were people showing products.
That was what I saw with Alison Keenan. It was about 8.55

Message on Tova's FB page:

Hello Friends, This is Michele.
I wanted to let you know, QVCUK will be presenting a special memorial moment for Tova
UK Time - 8:00 pm hour

Followed by a plug for the FIVE4U money off code :rolleyes:

Comment:

Faith Bodden
I couldn’t see it. All I saw were people showing products.
Yes sounds as if it was very much a “moment”!
Hopefully they’ll schedule a proper memorial show in due course?!

Yes sounds as if it was very much a “moment”!
Hopefully they’ll schedule a proper memorial show in due course?!
They've got some showns next week, celebrating the "Inspirational Women of QVC" (which I think must be to tie in with with International Women's Day but they go on beyond that). Hopefully she'll get some time on those, and they won't be all about the Resident Beauty Expert and the other egomanical presenters who talk over the BAs :sleep:.

The next Tova Diamonique Show is on 19th March. 😢

She really was a lovely lovely lady. She was at the beauty bash and I can't tell you how amazing she was. She looked far more beautiful in real life and her character was impeccable. Me and my sister talk about her all the time she made such a great impression.

Here's a clip of Ernie from UK TV from over 20 years ago now. He talks about Tova from around 01.55 💕 I remember him joining her on QVC but I didn't think it was as long ago as 2001. Gloria Honeyford refers to her as Tove, her real name so Tova must have been exclusively for the brand.

Here's a clip of Ernie from UK TV from over 20 years ago now. He talks about Tova from around 01.55 💕 I remember him joining her on QVC but I didn't think it was as long ago as 2001. Gloria Honeyford refers to her as Tove, her real name so Tova must have been exclusively for the brand.
What a delightful interview. You can really understand why he and Tova had such a long and successful marriage. Two peas in a pod!
Thanks for posting Dame F!

ADAE5C21-6B6D-4B77-A99C-4AD79BAB94CF.jpeg
ADAE5C21-6B6D-4B77-A99C-4AD79BAB94CF.jpeg

Alison Keenan has just done a lovely piece about Tova at the end of the Diamonique hour. In fact you could tell she was upset at the end because her voice was breaking.
Yes i saw that and it was very genuine and heartfelt, as it should be. I never bought or was even tempted to buy any Tova products but I watched her shows and enjoyed her commentary - very gentle but interesting.

Oh I am genuinely really very saddened by the news of Tova's passing. 😥 I used to love her shows and she exuded, glamour, elegance and always a way of captivating you wiith a good story. I expected her to live to be at least 90 as those old Hollywood types tend to be blessed with longevity. I take it QVC haven't announced anything or put a tribute on their website...typical really.

I hope she's reunited with Ernie and he's treating her to lots of jewellery and parfams that are finer than anything she ever saw or smelt on earth. RIP, Tova. 💕
It is very sad,she did look extremely frail. At peace now. Debbie will be so upset,such a shame😔

Latest posts

Back