TSV 14th October- Technique II Knives

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Highly recommended.

Thank you Calvin. I opened this thread in trepidation in case I had made yet another mistake. I sent for the TSV after some agonising, but they really do look impressive and I need a professional knife set.

Although I do have quite a large selection of knives.

The bigger, the sharper, the pointier the better... Hahahahahahahah!

What would you use the one they call the bread knife for if you don't slice bread?

Thank you Calvin. I opened this thread in trepidation in case I had made yet another mistake. I sent for the TSV after some agonising, but they really do look impressive and I need a professional knife set.

Although I do have quite a large selection of knives.

The bigger, the sharper, the pointier the better... Hahahahahahahah!

What would you use the one they call the bread knife for if you don't slice bread?

I think I saw Malcolm use the bread knife to slice meat. It would make a good job of hot or cold meat. My son was impressed with the kit and I think I'll buy him one as a housewarming present. He has just moved back in here after 5 months in Spain and he wants to strike out on his own again. This might encourage him! (Is there a 'bad mother' thread anywhere, lol?)

I think I saw Malcolm use the bread knife to slice meat. It would make a good job of hot or cold meat.
Thanks, you're right. I'm watching the demo now and he used it on turkey. I'm really pleased I went for it now.

Although, p.s. his nails are very dirty which is most offputting, and I notice he has a plaster on one of his fingers!

I've seen some knives which look very similar to these advertised in the Saturday papers sometimes but would you believe it.....they aren't in the one I got last last week as I was going to compare the price. You seem really impressed Calvin.

Just wondered if anyone else could recommend these as well as Calvin please before I decide whether to buy or not.....thanks in advance for your opinions.

P.S. Realised that I could have done with this TSV on Saturday so thought I could be well prepared for the next time.!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondered if anyone else could recommend these as well as Calvin please before I decide whether to buy or not.....thanks in advance for your opinions.

P.S. Realised that I could have done with this TSV on Saturday so thought I could be well prepared for the next time.!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Snoopy was ultra-impressed with his BL. Is Mr BL still in the doghouse then? :(

I think Snoopy was ultra-impressed with his BL. Is Mr BL still in the doghouse then? :(

What do you think? He's not fully out of it yet.....his tail is still in there!!! :54:

Thought I'd seen Snoopy's comments so perhaps I'll go for them. Thanks.

Yes i got the chef knife last time and it's the best knife i have ever had,got a Sabatier cleaver which is excellent but hardly gets touched now and was mega expensive.

Yes i do BL if i needed more knives i would go for this without hesitation.

In one of the shots where he is cutting cherry tomatoes his finger appears to be dripping blood which is encouraging and adds to the overall presentation of a sharp edge.

I will say though that when they use "other" knives I think he and Pipa get "C" for effort:1:

I've been a bit on the fence about these but from the good reviews here I have gone for them - seem a really good price even with adding the silly p&p price.

It's easy to demonstrate the factory fresh sharpness of knives on TV just wanted to know what the weight/quality/durability was like.:)

I've seen some knives which look very similar to these advertised in the Saturday papers sometimes but would you believe it.....they aren't in the one I got last last week as I was going to compare the price. You seem really impressed Calvin.

I think these are the ones you're talking about. The p&p is something like £7.95.

http://www.jean-patrique-cookware.co.uk/993knives/index.php?campaign=fpress

http://www.jean-patrique-cookware.co.uk/995knives/index.php?campaign=fpress

Latest posts

Back