wait list

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

triumph41

Registered Shopper
i ordered the steak pies of qvc on wait list. my order shows pending but qvc have debited my credit card even though they say nothing is charged until they are dispatched. this is there reply,advice please

Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused in regards to your order for The Real Pie Company 10 Piece Assorted Steak Pies.

When the order was made, it was put onto an advanced order which was due to be released week commencing the 13th April.

This order was released today and your payment card has been authorised. The latest you can receive the order is the 6th May, as it’s a 10-14 working delivery direct from the vendor.

Thanks

Although it wasn’t on wait list, I ordered some compost from QVC which was due to arrive next week as it’s 10 - 14 days direct dispatch from the supplier. I got an email today saying there was a problem and it would now arrive on 22nd May!

I rang CS and said that was no use to me as my plants needed the compost (I’d only ordered it from QVC because, having tried 4 other companies, no one had any for delivery or for click and collect.) The CS guy is emailing the company to see whether my order can be cancelled and apparently they’ll let me know. Had I known it was a 6 week wait I wouldn’t have bothered ordering it. I’m now going to try Home Bargains or Lidl, but that means lugging a heavy bag of compost home. 😳 No doubt the original order won’t be cancelled and I’ll have a compost overload by the end of May.

Although it wasn’t on wait list, I ordered some compost from QVC which was due to arrive next week as it’s 10 - 14 days direct dispatch from the supplier. I got an email today saying there was a problem and it would now arrive on 22nd May!

I rang CS and said that was no use to me as my plants needed the compost (I’d only ordered it from QVC because, having tried 4 other companies, no one had any for delivery or for click and collect.) The CS guy is emailing the company to see whether my order can be cancelled and apparently they’ll let me know. Had I known it was a 6 week wait I wouldn’t have bothered ordering it. I’m now going to try Home Bargains or Lidl, but that means lugging a heavy bag of compost home. 😳 No doubt the original order won’t be cancelled and I’ll have a compost overload by the end of May.

If you don’t want to go out Ideal World have this https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/com...ch_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw

B&Q are selling some plants and compost where I live the shop itself is closed but the tills are open for click n collect and the plants

I tried to look on not intending on purchasing from B&Q a couple of times in the last week and there were queues to even access the site.
I also looked on Thompson and Morgan last week and their compost was weeks away as well.

I tried to look on not intending on purchasing from B&Q a couple of times in the last week and there were queues to even access the site.
I also looked on Thompson and Morgan last week and their compost was weeks away as well.
the shop was selling plants outside but you paid in-store they had compost as well

Okay, you ordered on what you thought was a waitlist. The waitlist can actually arrive at any time if someone decides to cancel their order if you are next on the list you will get much sooner.

QVC are saying you actually went on advanced order which means they give a date when the item is due but they can come much sooner it depends on the company. Now as the pies you ordered are coming directly from the makers this means it can take over the 3-5 days that QVC gives for orders. So the pie company have taken the money as they are no doubt baking the pies ready to go out for delivery. They have given you a time line of when the pies should arrive the latest date 6th May, but they can arrive before that day.

i ordered the steak pies of qvc on wait list. my order shows pending but qvc have debited my credit card even though they say nothing is charged until they are dispatched. this is there reply,advice please

Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused in regards to your order for The Real Pie Company 10 Piece Assorted Steak Pies.

When the order was made, it was put onto an advanced order which was due to be released week commencing the 13th April.

This order was released today and your payment card has been authorised. The latest you can receive the order is the 6th May, as it’s a 10-14 working delivery direct from the vendor.

Thanks

I really don't think food, particularly pies which are made to order would have been on waitlist, would have been Advanced Order.

Awwww! Triumph41 don’t think of it as hijacked, think of it as a conversation, going round the houses and coming back to you! Gems are to be found with everybody chipping in, trust me, I know.
It’s the way we work - after about 10 posts we are away off on a tangent just like a conversation with friends albeit virtual ones.
youll certainly get more help than Q‘s Liamx.

hello why has my post been highjacked can someone help with my question thanks
We go off on tangents & do a lot of '360s', it's like a virtual episode of Dinnerladies. As the two Loves have said it's the way us forumites do things & the help, ideas & support always provides an answer. If you ordered 809526 the website shows advanced orders being shipped w/c 27th April.

Toril, check out your local garden centres. They are desperate to move stock and some are taking phone orders. We’ve had plants and compost delivered from two places.

Thanks, Bea. I’ll give that a go. All the online sites that I tried last night (B&Q, Wilko, etc) either are out of stock or don’t deliver and I don’t fancy staggering home with a big bag of compost.

Try Ebay. Due to shop and garden centre closures many traders are now selling through Ebay. I ordered something a few days ago and it arrived today by courier.

I ordered the compost on 10.April but saying in progress . I sincerely hope it will be here before 22 May otherwise I’m snookered as I have plants ordered which will need potting up.
I will let you know if it arrives earlier. The one good thing about being under house arrest is that you don’t miss deliveries and no excuse to say you were not in.

hello why has my post been highjacked can someone help with my question thanks
We are all just QVC customers that come on here for a natter or a moan, if you have any problems with an order or payment you need to contact QVC customer service, if you do it by email you will be lucky to get a reply and if you try Facebook you will probably be fobbed off by Liamx or one of his mates.
The best way used to be phoning but I'm not sure that's the case now, if you go to the QVC homepage across the top there's a FAQ's banner which might be worth a look

Lots of local bakeries are now doing home deliveries because the shops they usually deliver to are often closed. If anybody is after pies then it might be worth ringing a few places before ordering online. We have a local bakery who usually sell their stuff wholesale to local shops and the local market stalls but since the lockdown they now take telephone orders and will deliver free of charge locally on orders over £15.

There are a powerful lot of posts on Arsebook regarding not being able to contact Q. Now these are being surpassed by those not being able to place orders. I suppose that’s one way to avoid having to answer emails and calls about non deliveries/faulty goods/returns.

I do think if they are overwhelmed, and I’m not surprised nor criticising lack of staff, they really need to reconsider if offering a service which they can’t fulfill is really a good idea. We all know they can’t cope normally so there isn’t a hope in hell of doing it now.

Latest posts

Back