Warning - Rant! (IBS/Food/Ingredients)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes another one here LEL with IBS and GERD. When the cramping is really bad, I end up soaking with perspiration and feeling faint and nauseous. I've suffered since I was a child too but have never had any allergy test suggested, just take the same as everyone else, the omeprazole and colofac. I had no idea how many of us were in a similar position, nice to know we can sympathize with each other (but we ain't half a sickly lot on this 'ere forum :grin:)

oh aren't we just!! I think we'll have to swop mobile numbers then can text each other at 3am "how you doing tonight girl.."!

Yes another one here LEL with IBS and GERD. When the cramping is really bad, I end up soaking with perspiration and feeling faint and nauseous. I've suffered since I was a child too but have never had any allergy test suggested, just take the same as everyone else, the omeprazole and colofac. I had no idea how many of us were in a similar position, nice to know we can sympathize with each other (but we ain't half a sickly lot on this 'ere forum :grin:)

We certainly are a sickly bunch. lol .
Sorry you're suffering too. Interesting you get the sweats and feeling faint symptoms as well. It adds to the general misery. I thought they were hot flushes at first and had the hormone tests but i'm not even peri menopausal yet so that was ruled out. When the GERD is really bad i literally pass out i get so hot and faint.
Pleased we've all found each other, so that we can moan, i mean discuss, it together.

KWC - re the bread.

I started having problems with bread a few years ago, it started with Warburton's. I kept trying different makes but in the end I couldn't eat any of them without problems. So I tried Nimble Wholemeal and have had no problem since. I can eat normal bread very occasionally, bit of garlic bread or something, but the Nimble tastes really good so I stick with that. I don't know what the white is like, I only eat wholemeal.

Problems with bread are very common and I read somewhere that the main cause is the commercial yeast they use. I make my own occasionally, usually soda bread and they're fine, but they don't keep and taste too good!! I don't suffer from any of the problems mentioned, but I can only eat small meals, which take time to digest following complicated gallbladder surgery.

My bread problems started with white sliced bread (might even have been Warburton's!) & fairy cakes made with cheapo flour. At first I could eat other bread with little problem but gradually the list has got longer, the latest to go is wholemeal & the only two I am totally OK with now for certain is a honey & flax one & the sliced version of spelt & rye, anything else is well dodgy, although I have eaten garlic bread without upset? So weird, no logic to it at all really! (Not eaten enough soda bread to know for sure & I do bizarrely recall reacting to the gluten free bread that I tried, so maybe yeast is a possibility?)

We had carrot & coriander soup for dinner, OH & DD had naan bread but I decided to be good & abstain! (Still bloated & feel carp so good decision I reckon! lol) :blush:

What we need is a gastroenterologist and a rheumatologist to join the forum......

Good luck tomorrow kitten.

What we need is a gastroenterologist and a rheumatologist to join the forum......

Good luck tomorrow kitten.

We may have them on here already,but we could quite possibly have scared them off.:grin:

Fingers crossed you get some answers tomorrow kitten

Forgot to mention a book that was recommended to me - it is aimed at people with hiatus hernias but there is some good general advice (no alcohol, coffee or fags!) and, in particular, breathing exercises that I found do actually help during a gastric "episode". It is now out of print but I notice Amazon are selling secondhand copies for 1p plus p&p - "Self help for hiatus hernia" by Joan Lay.

Forgot to mention a book that was recommended to me - it is aimed at people with hiatus hernias but there is some good general advice (no alcohol, coffee or fags!) and, in particular, breathing exercises that I found do actually help during a gastric "episode". It is now out of print but I notice Amazon are selling secondhand copies for 1p plus p&p - "Self help for hiatus hernia" by Joan Lay.

why oh why can't coffee, alcohol and fags be good for you? I would be a paragon of good health

I'm another one with stomach problems. I get stomach cramps that are crippling. I mean stop you in your tracks and double you up crippling. These are sometimes accompanied by an upset stomach. I have an upset stomach two, three, four times a week. I am lactose intolerant and cutting out dairy helps with the upset stomach but not the cramps.

I have to watch the amount of fruit and veg I eat. Too much makes things much worse.

I also have metabolic syndrome and PCOS. I'm a bliddy wreck really but my GP is brilliant. He's sending me for texts for Crohn's disease (hereditary connection) but he just encourages me to be as fit and healthy as I can. I'll never be skinny but I'm much better/happier now the PCOS symptoms are under control.

Oh tinks , that sounds awful you poor thing.
I have a friend with crohn's and when it flares up she is in unbearable pain.
Hopefully the tests will be able.to give you some answers and the appropriate meds.

Good luck tomo, KWC, have your list ready and come away with answers.

Hope you get somewhere with your tests Tink and get it sorted.

Although painful and sad these posts made me smile, my DS has just asked me what im

doing on my last day of my fifties. Never thought of it like that before, made me

more depressed LOL

Last edited:
Although painful and sad these posts made me smile, my DS has just asked me what im doing on my last day of my fifties. Never thought of it like that before, made me more depressed LOL

Don't be depressed - it's not that bad lol! Have a wonderful celebration Barbs. x

The big 60, LE , and i'm totally totally dreading it, but i'm just thinking its another day :)

The big 60, LE , and i'm totally totally dreading it, but i'm just thinking its another day :)

in case I don't remember tomorrow (not many brain cells left at 65!) a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Barby Sparks, have a wonderful day, I hope you are doing something good, I seem to remember you saying you were going out with your black dress etc - was that on Tinks' shoe thread? Anyway...have a good'un!

Ooh, have a super lovely day tomorrow Sparkly & sending early Happy Birthday wishes to you! xx
Hope you get to have one or two nice :glass: & definitely some :cake:!

Latest posts

Back