waxed, tinted and preened

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not really Carol I'm still looking. They're either too black so it's nigh on impossible to get it looking natural. Or they're too pale. I've discovered I'm better with a brush than a pencil. Better at getting a neutral looking result I mean. I use an old, clean mascara brush for getting them into shape. And I use something a hair wax or serum to keep them from wandering about. I must admit that since I've been regularly brushing them and fixing them with hair wax they have become easier to manage.

I'm using a powder brow colour from BE at the minute called brunette but that's a bit grey somehow. It's the best I've found and it was a bargain at a fiver. It's a really small pot but it'll last forever.

I nearly succumbed and bought the YBF brow pencils but I can't see how the colour would work for me.

don't waste your money! I tried ybf once and tho Stacy says they will suit everyone, believe me they don't! I draw them on and have something from ELF ..brows one end clear mascara the other..and I "fix" them with that. I have two or three pencils..Sisley, Chantecaille, and you know how much they cost - I found an old one that cost me about 99p in Boyes and used that one morning just to try..it was fine!!! So at least I have a few in hand at the moment!

I'm using a powder brow colour from BE at the minute called brunette but that's a bit grey somehow. It's the best I've found and it was a bargain at a fiver. It's a really small pot but it'll last forever.

I used BE brunette, it's really good, I only stopped because I'm so clumsy and the loose powders end up everywhere with me!

My daughter is a beauty therapist has been for seven years now,when she was training she practised most things on the family even pierced her dads ear when he slept !!!! to this day hes still got it..never wanted to upset her by removing it ...I have my monthly treatment with her and i ove having my eyelashes linted and my eyebrows as i was shocked to find a grey one there !! i also have a monthly chocolate facial and back maassage plus my toes minxed , though i dont like my fingernails painted only in clear varnish.

Good for you DD it is always money well spent to make ourselves feel better about ourselves and having well shaped brows makes all the difference to the old fizzog. Unfortunately I've got thin brows now which I don't think is anything to do with over plucking and I've got other symptoms that could indicate an under active thyroid so on Wednesday when I had my yearly MOT blood tests done at the GP's she added a thyroid test to the form so we shall see. Mariek what is toe minxing lol ??

I think it was around £150.00 with a voucher she had

Was it horrendously painful to get her eyelids tattooed?

I have fair eyelashes and they're virtually nonexistent at the moment. I half wondered about having the thinnest, most subtle eyeliner tattoo, but I'm a total wimp and I'm not sure I could stand the pain.

Was it horrendously painful to get her eyelids tattooed?

I have fair eyelashes and they're virtually nonexistent at the moment. I half wondered about having the thinnest, most subtle eyeliner tattoo, but I'm a total wimp and I'm not sure I could stand the pain.

She said it was OK and believe me, she's not brave & that's why she asked me to go with her.
The beautician applied a deadening cream a good while before she had it done.
Afterwards 27 said she wished she'd had a slightly thicker line, but I disagreed. Fashions come and go and this is subtle. At the moment she looks as if she has thick eyelashes and that's good in my book.

Go for it sublime!
I would if I could.

Minx is a gel polish brand I think. Like Shellac. Or perhaps its more nail art. Anyway it's having your nails done in pretty colours.

GEDC0003.JPGMinx is a foil wrap adhesive which is set on the toes with an infra red lamp the decorations are so colourful and you can have so many choices ,they last on me for a month when i next have my pedicure i get them changed , no fading ,chipping etc ,this week i shall have hearts for valentines ....

Last edited:
I also have black brows (albeit with grey/silver hair on top, still dark underneath) - what I have been using lately,is the Clinique small mascara for lower lashes and run it thru my brows.

Latest posts

Back