What happened to my crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If a member of staff desperately wanted the bl.....dy thing, why didn't they just buy it outright ????? and qvc could have given all the intended money spent on publicity to BCC !!!!

My concern is that there was a reserve. If the bids exceeded the reserve then the difference would go to BCC. If the reserve wasn't met, then no donation to BCC. I don't know. I smell a rat. QVC are not being very forthcoming. It can only be because there is something mighty embarrassing about Crown-gate.

Strato, time for you to make a complaint to Broadcasting Standards - see if that's a better way to get some transparency on this.

I really do think qvc have mucked up on this one. Would have been better to just give an answer, be straitforward and reveal how much the crown went for, or why it has not been declared?

Strato, time for you to make a complaint to Broadcasting Standards - see if that's a better way to get some transparency on this.

No one at QVC remembers Watergate? It's not the crime, it's the cover up that creates the scandal :cheeky:

I really do think qvc have mucked up on this one. Would have been better to just give an answer, be straitforward and reveal how much the crown went for, or why it has not been declared?

They have haven't they? See post #58 of this thread by Strato regarding when they phoned him back.

Perhaps the "crime" here was committed by whoever valued the sodding thing at £10k in the first place! Whoever bought the thing got it with a winning bid of a tenth of it's supposed value. The value is reliant on what people will pay to own it and in this case it was way way off.

I wouldn't have paid a tenner for it. Well I might have bid a tenner to get the auction going.

We know it went for £1000 but not who bought and I don't think we will know who bought it. It's a charity auction and if the bidder said don't reveal my name then QVC can't say anything. End of. We will never know. Unless Julia comes on air wearing the thing!

I would like to know whether the £1,000-odd paid for the Crown actually went to BCC. Given the base cost of making the crown, are QVC keeping the money to cover the production costs or has it been donated to BCC? This is where I deeply suspect lies the big smelly dirty rat.

They still could have said Mr S from where ever without revealing their name. Prob being dismantled to be made into more eek jewellery as we speak.

Latest news from QVC FB - - - >

From Carol Adcock

Charlie.....Charlie.......There are comments all over facebook in lots of the private groups, and on other online internet sites, which seem to suggest that something slightly unethical happenned when auctioning off the crown you had on BCC day - can you set the record straight for everyone please? Thank you

From QVC UK

Hi Carol, we can reassure you that one of our customers did win the auction for the Diamonique Crown and we'll be make an announcement as soon as we've been in touch with them :) x

On the evening what was the stated donation % to the charity, that was being given from both the auctions and sales?
Was it only a % of the net profit going to BCC?
Was there more made of making a donation?
I know I did manage to hear, that they said the donation line would remain open for an hour after the show ended.
Maybe that is better and ensures more money goes directly to the cause.

From Carol Adcock

Charlie.....Charlie.......There are comments all over facebook in lots of the private groups, and on other online internet sites, which seem to suggest that something slightly unethical happenned when auctioning off the crown you had on BCC day - can you set the record straight for everyone please? Thank you

From QVC UK

Hi Carol, we can reassure you that one of our customers did win the auction for the Diamonique Crown and we'll be make an announcement as soon as we've been in touch with them :) x

Of course the term 'customer' can refer to any member of Joe Public or QVC staff (or their families), that have ever bought anything from QVC.

Last edited:

From Carol Adcock

From QVC UK

Is that news from today Strato?, surely they would have been in touch with the winning bidder before now? .

Latest posts

Back