what is this 'total contributions £ 0.00 feature all about please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw BB's said post on FB & have to say I genuinely didn't get what it was all about until later on yesterday so you're not alone those who didn't get it either.
We all have differing opinions & Graham's right, we don't know any of the behind the scenes conversations that have gone on so we don't see the full picture.

I for one am very sorry to see BB has been banned from the site. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course and I respect those who have a different opinion to mine. Personally I found his screen shots & posts absolutely hilarious and gave me cause to have a quiet giggle whilst in my office working. We sometimes had differing opinions but never a cross word between us. I will really miss seeing his posts on here. He was & always will be controversial on occasions but like Carol says, never a bully imo. & for the record I do think that from what I've seen the way he was treated at times recently on this forum seemed a bit hypocritical & unfair. Like I say that's not meant to be disrespectful to anyone and I don't know the full picture just saying how it all appeared to me.

I respect ur opinion Nikki and as u say we dont know the full picture but from wot ive witnessed i stand by my earlier comments, however i respect the fact he has friends on here and as he has now left i have no need to say anything else on this subject :hi:

I respect ur opinion Nikki and as u say we dont know the full picture but from wot ive witnessed i stand by my earlier comments, however i respect the fact he has friends on here and as he has now left i have no need to say anything else on this subject :hi:

no you don't. you've already said plenty.

..and how it appears to several other people too Nikki...I've not seen the FB page so I don't know what all that's about but re the forum he said he got warned and I think he felt miffed that other people had said similar things and nothing had been said to them - I had a similar experience myself.

Graham i realise there was a glitch and it said beside our names SB Contributions £0.00 and that was removed.

But at the top of the page under VIP membership, there is a Contribtions Action, and when i pressed it it said
My Contributions and Contribute, and when i pressed My Contributions it said £0.00 even though i paid to
join the drop, i think this was what BB was talking about. I see it has changed now, and thanks for that.

Yes that bit has been changed now but it was only switched on after last weekend so anyone who donated before that it would not have been included so that is why yours for example would still have said zero.

I could take or leave BurlyBear, mostly I left him...I didn't always get his humour, never quite sure if he was being funny or sarcastic, I dare say he will be back at some stage in the future.....

Yes that bit has been changed now but it was only switched on after last weekend so anyone who donated before that it would not have been included so that is why yours for example would still have said zero.

Thanks for explaining that, it was a bit confusing, and maybe thats what BurlyBear was annoyed about

I could take or leave BurlyBear, mostly I left him...I didn't always get his humour, never quite sure if he was being funny or sarcastic, I dare say he will be back at some stage in the future.....

i would doubt that! it's not his life, unlike some.

There's been too much emotion involved by all parties the past few months IMO. We're bound to agree/disagree at times but some of the confrontation involved has taken it well beyond simple disagreement.

It's understandable, in view of his revelations, that some people will not rue the departure of BurlyBear, but in my opinion he is a great loss to the forum as a whole, and certainly not a bully.

But such is life and, fingers crossed, a line can be drawn under all the unpleasantness and we can get back to coming here to interact and enjoying ourselves.

There's been too much emotion involved by all parties the past few months IMO. We're bound to agree/disagree at times but some of the confrontation involved has taken it well beyond simple disagreement.

It's understandable, in view of his revelations, that some people will not rue the departure of BurlyBear, but in my opinion he is a great loss to the forum as a whole, and certainly not a bully.

But such is life and, fingers crossed, a line can be drawn under all the unpleasantness and we can get back to coming here to interact and enjoying ourselves.

There has been a lot of emotion and a lot of unpleasantness imo Fraz and I certainly think that the forum is the worse for the loss of BB, who most of the time made me chuckle - he's not perfect but who of us are?

Well said Frazzled :mysmilie_497:

Yes i agree. I've been treated quite harshly on this forum, and quite a few of the members have been very rude and ignorant to me, so cause BB is now banned
is that going to stop and everything is going to be sweetness and llight, we'll all suddenly like each other, and respect the posts we make, i don't think so. Sorry to
say

And i think its totally unfair to call him "Vile" and a "Bully" that post should be deleted IMO

I was just about to post the same SB. . That, IMO , is a personal attack and I agree that the post should be deleted and the OP reprimanded.

And i think its totally unfair to call him "Vile" and a "Bully" that post should be deleted IMO

I have no problem if that is deleted if its inappropriate, my apologies if it offends anyone, however i stand by wot i said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back