What QVC Stereotype are you?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
A slight twist on Weathergirl's thread this is less about the brands you buy and more about the class of customer QVC aim their hard sell at.

F'rinstance:

I do have a child at Uni but don't own a boat, caravan, holiday home or second bathroom.

I don't know what a "woman of an age" is but I know I will never fall into this category.

I am struggling to lose baby weight (17 years LOL) but I don't have sweaty folds of fat, hairy toes or other personal hygiene issue.

I am not a nurse, builder or in the food service industry, nor am I a wheelchair user with manual dexterity problems. I do have two legs and feet so I'd need to double up on any pump or trouser purchase (postal discounts apply).

I used to be a shift-worker but not anymore.

I don't buy presents for anyone except immediate family and would happily drop most of the adults off the Xmas list. I once gave the Hermes guy a Christmas card but he was taken-aback and slightly embarrassed so dropped it the following years therefore I won't be giving him a L'Occitane TSV even though sometimes his hands are a bit grubby by the end of his round!

I don't send 400 Christmas cards so don't start making them in February.

It's Summer Fashion day so no doubt there'll be plenty of stereotypes bandied around so it's over to you....

Jude xx

Not married, no children.

No boat, I rent my flat.

Used to do shift work long ago and wouldn't do it now.

Not a nurse,builder etc.

Only buy gifts for close friends(family in Canada so its money sent).

Don't do crafting, buy charity cards usually when they are on sale.

I can move my arms and legs.

I do not buy fashion from QVC and will avoid even dipping into day.

I rarely buy beauty from QVC now.

Never bought gardening or DIY stuff.

It's surprising we ever buy from Q Donna! :angel:

There must be other Q stereo-types that we do conform to, but I'm struggling to see any.

Jude xx

Age 40 :(Part time professional job, full time mother of 2. Am trying to lose baby weight as births are relatively recent. I am a size 14. I am able bodied but occasionally am not of sound mind!

Own modest home, far from fancy. We have no guest bedroom and only one bathroom. Have second property which was mine before I met my husband.

I hate shopping so buy off t'internet and telly. I like beauty shows but also buy my favourite brands elsewhere, although I do credit Q with introducing me to these brands. I do like some of the fashion on Q - comprising of a some Kim & Co and Ingenue London. I like to wear leggings and Emu boots but also when the mood takes me I love bright cheerful prints and flowers.

I dont do gardening or craft, only have a little jewelery and like shows with Lori Greiner products. Techie stuff bores me too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

61 married no kids so don't need to buy them 200 quid leather bags for their ipads

Full time professional job so need to wear smart trousers and tops

Weekends jeans and tops so don't need their 'day to evening' clothes

2 modest 1 week breaks siteseeing holidays so don't need bikini cover ups at over 100 quid

modest home which is now mortgage free so wee bit of extra cash to splash (on above hols) 1 bathroom - used to lust after more but now glad only one to clean so don't need 45 quid shower gel for every one

very sensitive skin so don't buy any Q products

never been interested in photography and OH is the tech I so don't need Lee what's his face

like cooking but feel you need to feel the weight of pans so p&p rules that out

So why are Q parcels arriving daily? jewellery mostly but I still seem to be sucked in by other things!! trying to cut down and apart from few binges a LA clearance have been quite good

Well past 40, in fact almost 60
Have done shift work for many years but was made redundant so now I say I am retired.
Was widowed but remarried 18 months ago but even though its still classed as the honeymoon period I don`t feel the need to don my diamonique earrings for bed or do a full facial then makeover just to meet and greet him in the morning.
Have put 2 kids through Uni
Wouldn`t be seen dead in 99% of Q`s fashion.
Now have the time to walk a dog several miles a day so there`s nowt wrong with my arms or legs and the only footwear i buy in multiples are wellies.
I have 2 left hands so crafting is out of the question.
I take absolutely no notice of any of Q`s presenters.
I don`t have a gift drawer, cupboard or box
And I stopped believing in miracles in a jar long ago.

A slight twist on Weathergirl's thread this is less about the brands you buy and more about the class of customer QVC aim their hard sell at.

F'rinstance:

I do have a child at Uni but don't own a boat, caravan, holiday home or second bathroom.

I don't know what a "woman of an age" is but I know I will never fall into this category.

I am struggling to lose baby weight (17 years LOL) but I don't have sweaty folds of fat, hairy toes or other personal hygiene issue.

I am not a nurse, builder or in the food service industry, nor am I a wheelchair user with manual dexterity problems. I do have two legs and feet so I'd need to double up on any pump or trouser purchase (postal discounts apply).

I used to be a shift-worker but not anymore.

I don't buy presents for anyone except immediate family and would happily drop most of the adults off the Xmas list. I once gave the Hermes guy a Christmas card but he was taken-aback and slightly embarrassed so dropped it the following years therefore I won't be giving him a L'Occitane TSV even though sometimes his hands are a bit grubby by the end of his round!

I don't send 400 Christmas cards so don't start making them in February.

It's Summer Fashion day so no doubt there'll be plenty of stereotypes bandied around so it's over to you....

Jude xx

It was like reading about myself really ! Only difference my baby weight is 24 years and I have a second bathroom lol!:mysmilie_61:

I've often wondered who are these people the presenters reel off (AY is the main culprit).

I'm fairly sure no one judges me by the brand of liquid soap I have in the bathroom!

Jude xx

I may love L'Occitane liquid soap but it certainly isn't to impress any visitors (once they set foot through the door I have already lost any hope of that!) - I buy it because of the blisters I used to get in between my fingers when I had carex or other supermarket brands in my bathroom.

It baffles me that anyone would buy anything- whatever it is- to impress someone else or because it's "on trend". I just buy because I like it. I would doubt any brands sold on Q have snob value or kudos.

My mum knows this dreadful woman who thinks that Kipling bags have kudos. But she turns her nose up at my bag because she knows I got it from QVC. How petty is that!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Well I'm 27, married, 4 mini humans, too much baby weight to lose, rented house, will be doing shift work soon :D no dexterity issues, no car, and no family to buy countless gifts for except my Nanna who deserves to be spoiled <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 31, just married, no kids yet - used to teach uni so I guess professional job, but we all clomped around in hiking boots and jeans and, in the case of my boss, knee-length aran sweaters; now work as a librarian and again, though we're supposed to dress semi-professional it's normally jeans and hiking boots cause my feet wouldn't put up with anything else. Do make occasional use of my parents 2nd home in Spain, but we're currently renting our house. I do shift work, but the latest I work is 10pm. Have a goodly amount of weight to use and sore feet but am perfectly able to walk our dog and squeeze in some exercise.

Have pets, hate housework and our house is always messy.

Not sure what category I fall in - I buy mostly beauty, Kipling and the odd bit of Lola Rose and misguided household product (newsflash: buying alone doesn't help, you have to use it regularly!).

I am a woman of age 50+
I have 2 kids at Uni and a third going this time.
I have never bought teacher gifts for over £3
I am a Midwife and shift worker.
I have 4 bathrooms but no L'occitane for me.
I have 2 guest rooms without Northern Nights on the bed.
I like a trouser and a pump.
I never buy Elemis Gatineau,Decleor Prai or any other skin care from La Q and won't buy Liz Earle on principle.
I currently have no facial hair.
I don't want a top with the leaning tower of Pissa on it or any other landmark.
I cant afford Lulu Guiness
I lust after a Miele Vac!!

I don't think I'll "fit" into anything :thinking:

My eldest has done Uni and is now a supervisor in Morrisons, my youngest still at school and we have 3 large dogs and a cat.

I don't own a boat, caravan, holiday home but we do have 4 cars and a van between 3 of us who can drive. Last years "holidays" consisted of 3 camping weekends taking the dogs to shows a bit further afield.

I'm nearly the age of 40, happy with my weight.

I AM a nurse and shift worker and despite their best efforts to run them off me I do still have two legs and feet.

I only buy gifts for family and very close friends and send about 50 Christmas Cards max.

I do not own any QVC Fashion nor do I ever intend to (oh I'm lying, I have a Centigrade coat!!)

I wear mostly jeans, t-shirts & trainers when at home (it's easier with the dogs) but do love shoes and bags when the opportunity arises.

I use Gatineau & Decleor skincare, L'Occitane hand cream and have Kipling Bags and bits and pieces of jewellery.

I can't deal with messiness and my home is always very tidy (i'm a bit OCD with that).

So that's my life story and my ambition is to win the lottery :wink: :mysmilie_19:

I should've said, I do craft but I always last-minute buy my Christmas cards, send about 30-40 at the max - and I do have a bit of fuzz on my toes, but would never let a No No near them!

I'm 50. We own our house and l no longer work.

The only fashion l have ever bought from Q is a centigrade coat and a trespass jacket. Christmas tips to the Binmen and the postie (usually money in a card). Don't do teacher gifts. And, l only buy for gifts fro close family and friends. I tend to mainly buy Leighton Denny, Elemis/ Decleor if it's a good TSV and l use all the products. I have never repeat purchased goods from Q as l usually find them cheaper or with no P&P on the web. I've also bought a couple of Kelly Hoppen things but not bedding. My very best buys from Q have been some garden lopers and the get a grip thingys.

Well, I'm a teacher and I've never had a present that's from QVC. :mysmilie_476:

What am I doing wrong?

I love this thread, it's hilarious:giggle: I am the perfect QVC customer and have been sucked into buying absolutely everything, truck loads of beauty products, lots of fashion, mostly dresses, Tiana B and Ronni Nicole, DG jeans,cashmasoft, Susan Graver,several Centigrade coats, numerous Kipling handbags, lots of Honora pearls, laundry sheets, lap top, steam mop, the list goes on and on and on and on.

Possibly the reason why I buy so much stuff from QVC is I'm a bit thick, not a professional woman, not a shift worker, an audio typist, very mundane menial job. No kids at un and unlikely to ever go to unii, both at school, a dog, a husband, no holiday home in Tuscany or anywhere else, a mortgage, one holiday a year. So far my arms and legs are fully functioning. I buy most of my QVC presents for myself and give what I don't like or what I've got way too much of to family and friends, though they are all sick to death of receiving L'occitane shea shower gel in the supersize.

However, all that being said I have made the decision to turn over a new leaf and only buy what I need from QVC, and am delighted to say that I have turned the corner and managed to NOT buy the recent Ultrasun and Lulu TSVs. For some bizarre reason I almost bought the Kim & Co TSV last night in the rose option but I came onto the forum and saw some people had posted how horrible it was and I thought, "you know what it really is horrible" so I switched off and went to bed ... I'm making progress:clapping:

I'm 50, professional public sector worker with a son about to go to Uni.
I have a 3 bedroom house with 1 bathroom and a small garden but I hardly have time to do my housework, let alone garden so I never watch the gardening shows.

I used to love all the make up and skin care and I've tried Elemis, Bare Minerals, L'Occitane etc etc. I can't afford any of it now, I've had a pay freeze for several years and I'm now a skincare 'tart' - I'll try any dreaded high street brand on special offer! That said, I do like Ultrasun and I try to buy that when there's an easy-pay offer.

I have a couple of pairs of Diane Gilman jeans which I like but the fit is a bit hit & miss recently so I've stopped ordering them after having to send a couple of pairs back.

I used to buy a lot more but I'm much more choosy now and I'm more likely to check this site or reviews before I buy.

I love this thread, it's hilarious:giggle: I am the perfect QVC customer and have been sucked into buying absolutely everything, truck loads of beauty products, lots of fashion, mostly dresses, Tiana B and Ronni Nicole, DG jeans,cashmasoft, Susan Graver,several Centigrade coats, numerous Kipling handbags, lots of Honora pearls, laundry sheets, lap top, steam mop, the list goes on and on and on and on.

Possibly the reason why I buy so much stuff from QVC is I'm a bit thick, not a professional woman, not a shift worker, an audio typist, very mundane menial job. No kids at un and unlikely to ever go to unii, both at school, a dog, a husband, no holiday home in Tuscany or anywhere else, a mortgage, one holiday a year. So far my arms and legs are fully functioning. I buy most of my QVC presents for myself and give what I don't like or what I've got way too much of to family and friends, though they are all sick to death of receiving L'occitane shea shower gel in the supersize.

However, all that being said I have made the decision to turn over a new leaf and only buy what I need from QVC, and am delighted to say that I have turned the corner and managed to NOT buy the recent Ultrasun and Lulu TSVs. For some bizarre reason I almost bought the Kim & Co TSV last night in the rose option but I came onto the forum and saw some people had posted how horrible it was and I thought, "you know what it really is horrible" so I switched off and went to bed ... I'm making progress:clapping:

Jackanory,you could be me up to about 3 years ago.

I bought everything on QVC & whatever I didn't like or had too much of went to family & friends.

My dds were sick & tired of me giving them Loccitane,Liz Earle,Decleor etc etc as part of their birthday or Christmas pressies.

They are both Mac fans so didn't appreciate me giving them Mally or Laura Geller constantly though they liked Smashbox & BE.

Some fms on here will remember me saying I had a large shed containing mainly QVC items :mysmilie_516: but since I've seen the light,my horde is starting to diminish,at last.

Jackanory,you could be me up to about 3 years ago.

I bought everything on QVC & whatever I didn't like or had too much of went to family & friends.

My dds were sick & tired of me giving them Loccitane,Liz Earle,Decleor etc etc as part of their birthday or Christmas pressies.

They are both Mac fans so didn't appreciate me giving them Mally or Laura Geller constantly though they liked Smashbox & BE.

Some fms on here will remember me saying I had a large shed containing mainly QVC items
:mysmilie_516: but since I've seen the light,my horde is starting to diminish,at last.

That's wonderful news Marzy.....sounds like you'll soon be able to demolish Shed Number 2 and have more room in your garden! Here's to the day Shed Number 1 won't be needed.......:mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back