What did you like at QVC and where are you buying now?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
If I sat and watched QVC for long enough,there would be things I want to buy.There was a time where I'd watch full shows just to see if there was a OTO,"easter/christmas/summer" surprise,easy pays etc....Now I still watch the things I like....but just buy them elsewhere now or have found another brand to go to.

Heres roughly where I'm at now

Kipling ~ still interested in the TSV's but don't watch whole shows now waiting for easy pay to be able to afford something.Now buy nearly all my bags from ebay - and roughly get two for the price of a TSV at QVC.There are still expensive bags on there but so many to choose from that I now don't pay over £20 ish for one (excluding P&P).

Liz Earle ~ still buy the shampoo for my son buy 3 at a time direct from the website.Stopped buying C&P and now buy Eurcin mainly from boots on 3 for 2 offer.Still love C&P,wouldn't be at all upset to receive it as a gift,but cost was getting too much.

Northern Nights ~ still interested in the TSV's,although haven't bought a NN TSV for years.Now go to BHS or TKMaxx mainly.Got over my 100% cotton obsession and am happy to go with the 50/50 poly cotton mix.Still love a NN flannel but found a good one at matalan

OPI ~ so over this completely.Now just buy the colours I want from ebay separately.

Cooks essentials - now wilkinsons.£5 non stick frying pan...best ever!!

Im sure there lots of other ranges..I'll have a think...

If I sat and watched QVC for long enough,there would be things I want to buy.There was a time where I'd watch full shows just to see if there was a OTO,"easter/christmas/summer" surprise,easy pays etc....Now I still watch the things I like....but just buy them elsewhere now or have found another brand to go to.

Heres roughly where I'm at now

Kipling ~ still interested in the TSV's but don't watch whole shows now waiting for easy pay to be able to afford something.Now buy nearly all my bags from ebay - and roughly get two for the price of a TSV at QVC.There are still expensive bags on there but so many to choose from that I now don't pay over £20 ish for one (excluding P&P).

Liz Earle ~ still buy the shampoo for my son buy 3 at a time direct from the website.Stopped buying C&P and now buy Eurcin mainly from boots on 3 for 2 offer.Still love C&P,wouldn't be at all upset to receive it as a gift,but cost was getting too much.

Northern Nights ~ still interested in the TSV's,although haven't bought a NN TSV for years.Now go to BHS or TKMaxx mainly.Got over my 100% cotton obsession and am happy to go with the 50/50 poly cotton mix.Still love a NN flannel but found a good one at matalan

OPI ~ so over this completely.Now just buy the colours I want from ebay separately.

Cooks essentials - now wilkinsons.£5 non stick frying pan...best ever!!

Im sure there lots of other ranges..I'll have a think...

I used to buy loads of beauty tsvs - smashbox, laura Geller, elemis, Liz earle, l'occitane, Molton brown but stopped buying eighteen months ago when I decided I'd only buy cruelty free brands. I used to buy a lot of jewellery but there are hardly any jewellery show now so that's stopped. I do like NN bedding and do check out their tsvs and the one cooks essential everday buffet pan I bought years ago is great and still going strong. Qvc prompted me to try easiyo though i bought it from lakeland plastic and only buy it fro qvc when on offer or free postage. I do still watch Kipling tsvs though haven't bought fore a couple of years. Likewise I check out Lola rose specials but unless its something I'm really been on I wait for lola rose website sale.

Ah LG is another one for me.Think I've bought the last 3 TSV's (excluding the latest one) and have truly given up with sets.I don't want spackle and Im not bothered by BB - I like the eyeshadows and eyeliners more,so again now I just buy the ones I want from ebay.

Yankee - liked them before they came to QVC,bought them when they were new on QVC,now just buy the odd one I want as and when at my local shops.

ultrasun - only use the face 30 and buy a bigger bottle for about £17 from my local chemist.

Jewellery - used to buy loads of jewellery from QVC.Have been a lucky girl and received some very nice links and tiffany pieces from Mr RD in the last couple of years.Really would have those on special occasions,if can be afforded that continual jewellery I used to buy at QVC.

generally now buy a lot of my clothes,shoes and accessories fro Matalan and M&S (as well as home stuff)

I'd buy Milkhouse Creamery candles .......... but they've stopped doing them. :thinking:

Nowadays, I tend to only buy re-orders of things I've bought in the past and have liked (e.g. OPI, Decleor cleanser, Gatineau throat gel) but invariably get them from eBay as they're considerably cheaper and it also means I don't have to get them as part of a set.

I do occasionally tune in if there's a TSV I'm interested in, but as Ian usually gives us the heads up about what's on its way I generally know whether to bother watching or not. His posts have saved me a fortune and also mean I can get to bed earlier. :wink:

I'm still sticking to my New Year's Resolution of only buying things that I need and not things that I want and, by following that 'mantra,' QVC must be wondering what's happened to me as I was once a very prolific buyer. I can now confirm that my QVC addiction is well and truly over and much of that is down to this forum ............ so thanks to you all for your reviews and comments on the things that QVC sell. :clapping:

I tend to go through phases (some call them obsessions)!

Yankee - Have loooads of them so don't buy anymore.
Elemis - Use PCMC so buy the TSV's for that and sell/gift (yuch hate that word) most of the rest of the set. Have a lot of PCMC in my stash so didn't buy the last one.
Kipling - Like watching the shows but don't buy from QVC. Ebay or Amazon for bargains. Don't usually like the 'specially made for QVC ones' either.
Fashion - Often watch in a sort of OMG who wears that way or OMG I love it but it is too expensive way. Once bought a washable Suede coat which I wore once and sold on Ebay, think it was Susan Graver. Also a Centigrade duvet coat which did me no favours so I returned it.

Used to buy loads of the Beauty TSV's too Spartacus but not anymore. I do buy lots of BareMinerals either TSV's or when they go to clearance/lastclicks. Have often been tempted by LG but stuck to BM as my skin seems to be better since I have been using it.

I used to buy loads of the beauty TSVs bit am sick of seeing the same things now they really need to get some new brands.
Lynn

I bought lots of jewellery a few years ago but the cost of a 9ct gold ring is now beyond my budget. Even sterling silver rings are now a silly price. It's amazon for me now.

I dabbled with several of Q`s skincare ranges but nowadays I don`t buy any skincare from them at all. I use ebay, Boots or Superdrug and buy either natural handmade stuff off Ebay or BOGOF offers or 3 for 2 from Boots.
I used to use L`Occitane soap and shower stuff but now I buy from Marks or TK maxx
I bought Yankee Candles but nowadays I buy large jar candles by Old Williamsburgh from Home bargains at the bargain price of £2.99 and they`re the same size as large Yankee and last just as long.
I`ve had one or two handbags from Q but now prefer TK Maxx
I bought quite a bit of jewellery from Q in the days when it was well made and good quality. I don`t need anymore gold or gemstone jewellery to be honest but I have bought a few items from the Hot Diamonds website because you can easily get matching pendants earrings and bracelets and the items are a good weight of silver and well made.
I`ve bought a few household or kitchen items from Q but these days if I need to replace any household stuff I visit the High Street and browse Debenhams, Argos, TK Maxx etc and usually find what I want and at a good price.

My most recent purchases were an eek ring and a Centigrade coat which I loved but it didnt fit properly so I sent it back. Haven't bought a lot lately but I've been tempted, especially the Decleor TSV y/day, but I resisted. I recently moved house after living in the country and now live a mile from a fab shopping mall which has everything. Also Im only a few mile from Belfast City Centre now so I can go to HoF & see all the nice ranges they have there inc. LG bags. Im actually enjoying going shopping again.

I was told about QVC by a friend who recommended it for Elemis. When I found it I realised they also did Liz Earle and Bare Minerals but actually I rarely buy any of those brands from QVC. I buy just what I need direct.

My main purchases from QVC has been jewellery. So that's a bit difficult to compare as most QVC jewellery is unique to QVC. Lola Rose is about the only "brand" and I either buy from QVC or direct in the sale.

L'Occitanes another for me...used to love them....so BORED of their stuff on QVC....could still spend a fortune in their shops though!! I particularly like the Bon Merre soaps,their eye cream and hand cream.

I bought the odd philosophy back in the day,I loved their scrubs but never seems to see them on QVC.Again all boring same old graces on a TSV,why not a set of 2 scrubs or something?! I have only ever bought one SBC thing,the collagen which I quite liked.I'd buy that again if was a beauty special monthly thing they do.Mind you I say I don't want spackle...but I'm eaiting for LG neutraliser spackle to come on that beauty month thing!!!!

What lovely feedback we're all giving QVC FOR FREE!!!!!!!!

I broke my fast since December this week and bought 5 garden pot hooks, they just happened to be on screen when I switched the TV on - exciting or what! :rock:

First item I bought was a memory foam topper - still in use now. Judith Williams products. I like cooks essentials items. Also the Cozee duvet sets. The occasional garden plant - just bought 5 hardy geraniums which arrived today. Yankee candle tarts. Various pieces of eek and Mischa jewellery. I am still supposed to be on a no internet Lent shopping ban and I have had to ask permission to buy a Karcher window vac which I saw on Ideal World but bought from an outlet shop before they sold out.
I had a Birkenstock spree but I think the QVC ones I bought first are better quality than the ones I subsequently bought.
I now desire a Fitbit exercise counter. QVC have the zip version but as I am still banned from internet shopping until the end of March I have just put it on my wish list and am using a pedometer to count steps.
I like Centigrade coats too and L'Occitane.

I couldn't think of anything, apart from jewellery, that I have really loved from Q.

Had forgotten about my polar memory foam mattress topper. Must have had it about 5 years now and it's certainly had a positive effect on life as far as sleep goes. A definite thumbs up. :up:

used to buy the occasional kipling but only have 2 now, one from Q and the other from Bagables, I think. The rest I got good prices for on ebay.

I used to buy LE stuff, BE stuff, Floracil and Elemis from Q. I don't buy these brands anymore, from anywhere.

I buy Emma Hardie products from Q if the price is right, usually a TSV or other set. Every last drop gets used, and I buy it from Feel Unique sometimes. I have bought some Judith Williams from Q after getting a freebie at the beauty bash which I liked. If I continue to like the brand I will re-purchase as it is cheaper than Emma Hardie.

I buy loads of Mally stuff from Q because I love the products.

I have 2 northern nights sets for our bed, and 2 each for my children. Use flannel in winter (lovely) and 500 TC cotton in summer. We don't need more than that so I don't watch the shows.

I have a few Yankee candles from Q, again if the price is good. I also have Yankee Candles from Amazon and the dreaded high street.

Also I love L'Occitane shea hand cream, shea body lotion and Shea Shower cream, Rose 4 Reines anything! I buy the Rose shampoo and conditioner from Q, got the TSV with the jumbo size shower gel and but the rest frim L'Occitane stores or their website.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

lol rainbowdottie, guess my Molton Brown question brought back memories :happy:

I used to buy loads from QVC, and looked forward to TSV's of my favourite brands, but I rarely buy now because I get better value buying Kipling and L'Occitane directly from their outlet stores, and Yankee Candles, OPI and Decleor from TKMaxx.

However, QVC do still offer fab value - so the Tomtom TSV this week is on it's way to me in sunny France right now - for the bargain postage of £1.02 (was free p&p in UK) - so QVC I can still be tempted if the product, price and postage is right!

I used to buy loads from QVC, and looked forward to TSV's of my favourite brands, but I rarely buy now because I get better value buying Kipling and L'Occitane directly from their outlet stores, and Yankee Candles, OPI and Decleor from TKMaxx.

However, QVC do still offer fab value - so the Tomtom TSV this week is on it's way to me in sunny France right now - for the bargain postage of £1.02 (was free p&p in UK) - so QVC I can still be tempted if the product, price and postage is right!
I used to live in Angouleme, Charente many years ago. Isn't it one of the bordering departments with La Vienne?

I used to live in Angouleme, Charente many years ago. Isn't it one of the bordering departments with La Vienne?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back