Whatever happened to...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The man who came over with New York gems, gorgeous pieces out of my price range back then. I always remember he sold a pair of London Blue Topaz studs, I think emerald cut? He said he designed them for his daughter. I loved them the deepest blue shade. He disappeared after 9/11 never appeared again.

Then a different man came over doing Las Vegas gems. He also did gorgeous gemstone jewellery.
The chap with the London Blue Earrings was called Chuck, and he was a great guest. I bought those earrings and lots more from him.

Estée Lauder bought over Smashbox. The brand really went down hill after that. They were in my Boots but looked so boring compared to the early days.
Surely not? 😂😂😂 I used to like Smashbox in its early days on Q, bought a number of items but adored the primer. Well I think that was the first time I ever heard of or used primer. Wasn’t the BA called Timber?

I like the new look to the website. Very swish!

Surely not? 😂😂😂 I used to like Smashbox in its early days on Q, bought a number of items but adored the primer. Well I think that was the first time I ever heard of or used primer. Wasn’t the BA called Timber?

I like the new look to the website. Very swish!
Yes the original BA was Timber

Ladies if you remember we saw these gem people before 9/11 happened, and never since. I have often wondered in they were among those killed because a lot of them had their offices in the world trade centres. I hope I’m wrong but seems such
The chap with the London Blue Earrings was called Chuck, and he was a great guest. I bought those earrings and lots more from him.
I bought a few items from the Viva Las Vegas range. They are still as lovely as the day I bought them. Lovely sapphires.

I was never really into jewellery on QVC or anywhere. I bought a few rings and earrings at one point but I don't wear jewellery every day, just if I’m going out somewhere (if I remember). So the people you’re all discussing are not familiar to me at all but I do remember a lady from Thailand who would occasionally give a little traditional dance performance. Who was that?

I was never really into jewellery on QVC or anywhere. I bought a few rings and earrings at one point but I don't wear jewellery every day, just if I’m going out somewhere (if I remember). So the people you’re all discussing are not familiar to me at all but I do remember a lady from Thailand who would occasionally give a little traditional dance performance. Who was that?
Was she called suarti

I still have and wear Diamonique set in 14ct gold! I always went for channel settings or Swiss as it was called, so not the Liz Taylor massive stones as I call them. The first ring I bought from QVC was a channel set amethyst 9ct yellow gold, a friend had just got a computer and was looking at QVC jewellery. Now the amethysts are not the deep purple more what people call Rose de France which is paler. I still wear that ring, it cost £43.

I love white gold and have a few pairs of 9ct hoops bought more than 10 years back and yes again still wear them.

I used to buy Tiana B dresses in fact still have some, because my main interest is beauty I really miss the Smashbox shows especially when Timber was presenting 🙂
one person I’m glad to see the back of is Dennis Basso, although he still is on Q America.
I still have some Tiana dresses and not all but some are still wearable and a lovely fit for my shape.

Indigo Moon was the daughter of Jennifer, the fairy jewellery range.

Skagen was bought over by Fossil. I still wear the brand, but I mine in shops when sales on. Never liked the ones with fake diamonds. Just plain and simple for me.
I have a a couple of their dress coats. The styling and detail absolutely beautiful.

I still have and wear Diamonique set in 14ct gold! I always went for channel settings or Swiss as it was called, so not the Liz Taylor massive stones as I call them. The first ring I bought from QVC was a channel set amethyst 9ct yellow gold, a friend had just got a computer and was looking at QVC jewellery. Now the amethysts are not the deep purple more what people call Rose de France which is paler. I still wear that ring, it cost £43.

I love white gold and have a few pairs of 9ct hoops bought more than 10 years back and yes again still wear them.
I have a couple of pieces of Diamonique set in Platinum, probably no more than £50 each. My first Diamonique piece was a pair of studs, .50 ct in each ear in gold. They are still perfect, and must be 25 years old. And I have a beautiful set of earrings and a ring, pearl and diamond, set in white gold from Honora, back in the day when everything wasn’t ring pearls and silver!!!

I bought a lovely ruby and 14ct gold spray ring from NY gemstones. I splashed out quite a bit of money on it and I've still got it. Alas, one of the little stones dropped out one day when it caught on my coat and despite scouring the carpet with a magnifying glass it was gone never to be seen again. Still love the ring though and I should get the stone replaced.

CC

I've never seen the point of white gold, very expensive and may as well just use silver at a fraction of the price. The same goes for platinum, which incidentally is now far cheaper than gold!
I have bought designer silver earrings, which were far more expensive than my white gold ones. And something you may not know as it seems you are not into wearing jewellery. Silver is a different shade from white gold, and platinum is different again. I buy what I want, and I quite a lot of white gold rings with gemstones, which I buy because I like it. Women do not think oh silver is cheaper I must buy it.

I have bought designer silver earrings, which were far more expensive than my white gold ones. And something you may not know as it seems you are not into wearing jewellery. Silver is a different shade from white gold, and platinum is different again. I buy what I want, and I quite a lot of white gold rings with gemstones, which I buy because I like it. Women do not think oh silver is cheaper I must buy it.
Apparently white gold is always rhodium plated, so that is what you actually see.

Thomas Paconni furniture, Skagen and Druker's watches (with free batteries for life), Bose Wave radios (remember the candle demo?); I've got 2. And loads of other stuff which I will post if I remember.

Do they still do Easiyo? I've been making a 1 litre jar every day for at least 10 years since I first saw it on Q, but I don't buy the powders.
Do you have a recipe for your homemade yoghurt please Strato? I have googled it but the recipe I found needed a dutch oven. Do you use the easiyo yoghurt maker?

I bought some beautiful pieces of Diamonique about fourteen years ago in gold plated sterling silver.They were both bracelets, one being a slider closure. They were both set with very small stones and looked more believable being smaller sizes. They are still in perfect condition and haven’t lost any gems at all. I loved another brand very similar to Bronzo de Italia but they used a gold colour.Something D’oro it was called.I still wear a beautiful collar/ omega type necklace which looks like real gold from that range. I did used to make yogurt using the Easiyo maker but I found it to be erratic in that sometimes it wasn’t set when I opened it. I used to refill with boiling water and put a bath towel over the whole set up and that usually did the trick. Hope that helps.

Do you have a recipe for your homemade yoghurt please Strato? I have googled it but the recipe I found needed a dutch oven. Do you use the easiyo yoghurt maker?
You can make yoghurt in a slow cooker as well. I’ve tried this and it works well.

Latest posts

Back