When QVC sell returned items what they're doing in the US......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twinklette

Registered Shopper
I know that we often comment and complain when we receive what is obviously a QVC return (I've had Markon boots that had clearly been worn and scuffed, and a pair of EMU boots where they'd left the original purchasers return form in the box!).

I don't know if anyone else has seen this but I wonder if QVCUK are going to adopt what QVC US now seem to be doing for selling returned (or not perfect) items.

I was having a look through their Tacori range and they have some items (including earrings!) for sale sold as "As Is" items. In the item description it then says:-

"This product may be a customer return, vendor sample or on-air display and is not in it's originally manufactured condition. It may not be new. In some instances these items are repackaged by QVC."

Interesting eh?

Twinklette x :cheeky:

I would welcome this. Today I received a very creased dress which had the faint wiff of tobacco. The label was attached. It went straight into the washing machine and it is now blowing in the breeze on my washing line!

I think it's a good idea, but surely they would have to state this for every item on air.
My OH has had a couple of items delivered that have clearly been returns, but she hadn't ordered them through the clearance section. They were ordered while watching a live show.

I think it's a good idea, but surely they would have to state this for every item on air.
My OH has had a couple of items delivered that have clearly been returns, but she hadn't ordered them through the clearance section. They were ordered while watching a live show.

Exactly. My dress was not from the clearance section either, in fact it cost me £64.70p with postage. :sad:

if they sent me a dress that ponged I would complain and demand they pay the return postage. I hope you really wanted it Mia and that you enjoy wearing it. QVC are cheeky @!><!!***

Yes, good point Ricky S,

From what I can see on the US site it seems to be only for items which they have very limited sizes - the ring I looked at only had one size available (and maybe only one ring) so it's possible they only use this disclaimer where the item would be obvious to a customer that it's a return, sample etc. and perhaps not an item that they'd take to air because of the limited availability - so could apply to all the bits and pieces in Last Clicks I guess.

The worrying thing for me was the earrings - that someone else may have worn them or modelled them on-air. Although I think they're more relaxed about the earring thing in the States as when I've been there and looked at earrings in a store the sales assistant has always encouraged me to try them on - which has generally put me off completely!

Twinklette x

I think they've been selling returns via eBay for a while - I got an airstepper which had the QVC return form in the box too. I was amazed to find there's a Liz Earle eBay shop for seconds where the packaging isn't quite perfect.

I have just brought the dress in and it looks as good as new. I gave it a thorough check before I washed it and there were no stains (yuk). I just think that someone ( possibly a smoker ) had returned it after having tried it on and packed it carelessly. I have in the past received stained items and earrings that I suspected had been returns - there is no way that I would have kept them and I made a huge fuss on each occasion. I have a real problem with earrings that I suspect are returns. I only order when they are brand new to QVC and a TSV and even then I clean them. I hate buying form the Butler and Wilson store because they positively encourage customers to try earrings on.

Yes, good point Ricky S,

From what I can see on the US site it seems to be only for items which they have very limited sizes - the ring I looked at only had one size available (and maybe only one ring) so it's possible they only use this disclaimer where the item would be obvious to a customer that it's a return, sample etc. and perhaps not an item that they'd take to air because of the limited availability - so could apply to all the bits and pieces in Last Clicks I guess.

The worrying thing for me was the earrings - that someone else may have worn them or modelled them on-air. Although I think they're more relaxed about the earring thing in the States as when I've been there and looked at earrings in a store the sales assistant has always encouraged me to try them on - which has generally put me off completely!

Twinklette x

its one of the things that used to really confuse me when I first moved here. Could not get my head around the paranoia. :giggle: Its not as if there are any body fluids in your hole, and I have not managed to make my earrings draw blood in ....., well since my ears were pierced. But different countries different customs

The earring thing came in here in the UK mid 80s when the AIDS warnings appeared. No idea how they thought you could catch AIDS from earrings, but ever since stores refused to let you try them on or return if worn.

i buy quite a few rings /bracelets etc from the outlets.....BUT if i buy a pair of earrings they wont allow any exchange.....they are quite anal about it...you can buy ANY other pieces & can exchange return for refund etc providing they aint lug rings

I always disinfect pierced earrings before I wear them, just in case. I have drawn blood in the past when trying to put them in. I use tea tree on everything :)

That said though, I think the disclaimer would work but only on the website and against certain items. It wouldn't work on air if they had to say "We've got thousands in stock but one lucky customer, picked at random, may receive a used one!" :D

Do the items with the disclaimer in the US still get covered by the MBG? I know many shops won't accept returns on items with faults pointed out.

Latest posts

Back