Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I doubt they do the presenter popularity thing in the UK.

Have read on FB a few getting calls from the third party on behalf of QVC. The questions all what they bought, the 30 MBG and shipping times.

Wow, page 64 and still none the wiser about what has happened to Debbie & Julian. I noticed on the QVC blog a couple of days ago that Carme'sl & Anna's photos have been removed, but Debbie's & Julian's remain...

Couldn't resist, nothings been said for a couple of days on here :giggle:

Lol! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Nothing to say about this topic! Just listening to "Spinning Wheel" by Blood, Sweat and Tears. Love that group. David Clayton-Thomas was a genius!

I only just spotted this thread. Read the first few pages then skipped to last few as there are so many pages now! Anyway, I got curious and looked at DG's Twitter page. Anyone see she was asked yesterday when she is returning to QVC and she replied "Announcement coming soon I think"?

We'd all feel a bit sheepish if the both turned up on QVC again after a long summer hols :blush: (ok I know Julian's already stated he's former Q presenter, or words to that effect). Looking back at this thread it's a marvel of speculated scenarios with a hint of paranoia. I think Q's approach of keeping quiet was correct (from their point of view). This thread's been rumbling on so long it's kind of lost all momentum and, as QVC probably hoped, no one really cares very much anymore.

Fabulous number of page views though.

QVC: I'm sorry Debbie, we can only offer you £65,000 a year now. We need to reduce costs for the Business.
DG: £65,000? 65....? But that's 30 % less than....
QVC: We know but, due to the current business conditions....
DG: But I used to be a beauty queen? And what about all my years of service? I'm like a fine wine that matures with age and becomes more valuable! You don't get a fine wine and pay the price of a bottle of Sarson's, do you? I'm OFFENDED! My huband used to present Catchword on BBC2! You can't even fork out £100k for someone as beautiful as me! Just because that Jill Franks will do it for the price of a curry and her bus fare home it doesn't mean I will.
QVC: Don't you think you're being a bit unreasonable?
DG: NO I DON'T! I think this is disgraceful. We are the face of your business. I bet you didn't take a 30% pay cut, did you? SO why should I?
QVC: We understand that this is difficult. What we will do to address this is allow you some garden leave. You will not be required to present however you will be paid in accordance with your current contract. This way if negotiations are unsuccessful you will be able to leave quietly and seek other work. Please note that we will only honour this agreement if you agree not to discuss anything about this matter with anyone other than us, or someone we authorise. You can have a few minutes to think about it and go to your dressing room to collect your things.

(In tears she gathers her things) and meets Julian Ballantyne in the corridor.

JB: Debs! What did they say?
DG: They are putting me on garden leave!
JB: Well I'm leaving! I'm not coming back. Good luck Debs.

This thread's been rumbling on so long it's kind of lost all momentum and, as QVC probably hoped, no one really cares very much anymore.

They still care on FB, questions are still being asked every day.

There's a picture of Debbie G on Ali K's blog, they met up recently, but no mention of anything else.

Someone asked DG if she was on sabbatical earlier today and she replied

"I am not on a sabbatical, hoping there will be an end to discussions and announcement soon."

Someone tweeted asking Debbie when shes back on Qvc and she replied " QVC announcement imminent....probably."

Latest posts

Back